Fortify Alchemy enchantment not showing up

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
I bought a circlet with the fortify alchemy enchantment on it, then i took it to an arcane enchanter and destroyed it to learn fortify alchemy. However, when I go to create something, fortify alchemy is not listed under my known enchantments. I went out and bought another object with fortify alchemy on it and went to disenchant it, but it says I already know that enchantment. However, fortify alchemy is still not showing up under my known enchantments.

Anybody know whats wrong or how to fix it?

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
Are you saying it doesn't show up at all in your list of enchantments or that it's greyed out?

Dagmar

Have you scrolled through your entire list (enchantments do not appear in alphabetical order).

yes i have went through the list (mine is small) and it does not appear what so ever, yet when i try to unenchant a different object that has fortify alchemy on it, it says ive already learned the enchantment.

Dagmar

I just want to make sure you understand that when you open up your list of enchantments it's defaulted to only show the first seven, so it may look small at first glance but there may be additional enchantments that you will only see if you scroll down the list.

i only have 5 enchantments learned (fortify alchemy is supposed to be one of them) and it only displays 4. trust me, ive been thorough and im not new to skyrim lol.

Critical

Try saving and reloading the game, I glitches out earlier with an enchantment, by doing this it sorted the problem

i just tried your suggestion of saving and reloading, and the fortify alchemy enchantment is still not showing up. thanks for the suggestion tho.

Critical

Only other thing I can think of is backrolling to a save point before you disenchanted your first fortify alchemy enchant

hold on. you figured it out?
You can't select a weapon before selecting the enchant.
You might try selecting the enchant first, and see what items it can be placed on...
and be sure to have soul stones in inventory.

Dagmar

hold on. you figured it out?
You can't select a weapon before selecting the enchant.
You might try selecting the enchant first, and see what items it can be placed on...
and be sure to have soul stones in inventory.
This thread died 5 months ago
The OP last logged in almost 5 months ago
This post added nothing useful as the OP clearly stated he could view his entire list of enchantments learned.

standalone

jphn37

I was having the same problem after spawning in a Banish weapon using playerenchantobject 0001397e 000acbb5. The game said I already knew the enchantment when I tried to disenchant it. Then instead I spawned in a player.additem 000bf3d7. That I could disenchant and learn the enchantment.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts