• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Do you forgive Astrid for her betrayal?

• Yes

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • No

Votes: 13 54.2%
  • No, but I'm not mad at her

Votes: 7 29.2%

• Total voters

Sky High

Resident of Earth and Wonderland
Do you forgive Astrid for betraying you to the Penitus Oculatus? Why or why not?

I personally do forgive her. On her death bed, she admitted her mistakes and seemed ready to face Sithis in the Void. She at least tried to help the Dark Brotherhood as much as she could while dying to try to help fisher mistake.

Jet

Betraying me to the Penitus Oculatus? I can forgive her for that.
Being stupid enough to apparently let them know where the Sanctuary is and to bring their friends? Kinda hard to forgive her for that one.

Necromis

Jet, I don't think she let them know that. I think they already knew that. I go by the optional quest line of destroying the DB, in that questline they had just *discovered* the passphrase to the sanctuary. So most likely they probably traced someone back there to find it, storyline wise.

Jet

Sorry, I didn't know that. I guess the Penitus Oculatus are more skilled than I knew.

Zoa Two Tails

Cloak and Dagger Artist
Still what Astrid did to my family is unforgiveable. The Dark Brotherhood is a family. If someone is willing to betray their own family I can't forgive that

Necromis

Oh I am not saying I fogive her or not. Just pointing out that the only person she betrayed was you in an effort to protect the rest of the family AND to stop all the night mother issue taking over her role. Remember the speech given by the pentis is that the arangment for your life was to spare the DB from any further hunting and let them keep on doing their work. He went back on that deal that she had made to protect the DB.

Zoa Two Tails

Cloak and Dagger Artist
Yeah well she forgot one thing... We are the listeners and that means we could defend the brotherhood. She a dumb fubling biznatch

Necromis

LOL only if you go for the mystical part of the DB over the business side. Personally I agree about getting away from the ocult if I am in the DB, I understood her reasons for that. I didn't understand her reasons for betraying me when in all my dialogs I was pro-Astrid and anti-Night Mother. I think there should have been another option for that betrayal besides Astrid doing it, based on your choices of actions and interations. Such as Cicero betraying you because you should not be the listner, he should....etc.

BSE

No, I dont. She said she did it for the DB, but she really did it for selfish reasons. She felt her command was threatened, and she sacrificed the entire DB to try to keep her power.

it's a twofold problem, she knows the oculatus is on their doorstep (even before she did anything) and her leadership was threatened (remember that her break from the old ways is supposedly why the dark brother hood still even exists) so she knew that her family was in SERIOUS trouble, enough trouble that she broke her only rule by betraying you, I don't forgive her for betraying me because I understand her actions enough to not need to.

D0MIN0

Do I forgive her...absolutely not. What she did was pretty damn evil and selfish. However, I am not angry at her..simply because she's dead. She got her just reward and that's that.

KC95

Yes. She may have betrayed the listener but she was punished at the end, and she made amends.

BeastAndAMidget

A Hardcore Mage
I don't forgive her. I'm pretty sure the DB was failing (Yet I think it was). You got them to be feared by the people of skyrim making it known and then she wants to kill you for helping the DB! I think that's stupid. I would never forgive her.

tigerzeusy

I use the mod "Save the dark Brotherhood", and since I saved everyone, I found it easy to forgive her. The thing is, since it is directed at the player. However, if it was directed, for example, at Festus, we would not be as angry. We would still be mad at her, and not fully trust her, but it wouldn't be so bad if it hadn't resulted in everyone else dying. Also, everyone has been with Astrid for a while, and she doesn't have that bond with the player that she has with everyone else. Would you make a decision resulting in the death of your friend, or family?
(Also depends on the quality of your family, but the DB were pretty close)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts