• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

ShelboTron

Alright I'm at the end of the Forbidden Legend quest where you have to forge together the 3 pieces of the amulet.
I'm on the stage with the 3 bosses...and the second one is just completely kicking my ass.

I'm not an archer, I'm not a mage...I'm a warrior that can get one hit kills with my hammer. However, this guy seems to only respond to distant attacks because I can't get close to him without either getting blown back, or disarmed.

Getting disarmed is my BIGGEST problem. No matter if I'm holding my hammer or my bow, he shouts at me and I immediately get disarmed. And as I'm searching around for my freaking weapon, I'm getting pelted with arrows and shouts.

I just can't find a strategy against him. I'm trying to hide and pick at him slowly, but he keeps teleporting around obviously.

I need any advice and tips I can get on how to get this guy. Please!

Thanks

junta

If you are level 30+, the disarm shout shouldn't work on you. You can also try using followers.

ShelboTron

Well..clearly I'm not 30+ then lol. I'm 26...and the disarm shout VERY much so works on me.
He does nothing but disarm me...
I can't tell you how many times I've died searching for my weapons.

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
Whirlwind Sprint?

junta

Well..clearly I'm not 30+ then lol. I'm 26...and the disarm shout VERY much so works on me.
He does nothing but disarm me...
I can't tell you how many times I've died searching for my weapons.

It was obvious that you were not at 30 yet, but I see that my response was not as such. You can try leveling up before attempting to fight them again.

Sent from my GT-P6810 using Tapatalk 2

Drewski

Relaxing on Revis Island, with Revis and Holmes :(
More info needed, on which shouts, skills you have. A basic idea:- any even the lowest of the turn/rebuke undead will stagger him (even though it won't turn him). Try this, then whack him when staggered, and repeat. To get close use whirlwind or ethereal or just run quickly, then veer to one side when he lines up to shout, and dodge the shout. When he teleports, reorientate yourself, check possible cover, and do it all again.

I have found that this is a fight where a mage follower and/or Sanguine Rose are really useful. Without any ranged attacks of your own, this is going to be tough (I guess you found that out).

nordicowboy

Must be my Nord blood......
Same problem. I ended up equipping a useless weapon (iron sword, dagger, ect) and allow him to disarm me, and then immediately switch to my weapon of choice. Then every time he starts to shout, land a power strike and it should disrupt him.

cebo

yeah get a follower or rank up a bit more was a hard fight probably one of the more challenging ones for me but damn did i feel power full when i beat them :D

Train

Is that all you got?!
Same problem. I ended up equipping a useless weapon (iron sword, dagger, ect) and allow him to disarm me, and then immediately switch to my weapon of choice. Then every time he starts to shout, land a power strike and it should disrupt him.

Or you could just not equip a weapon until you're right next to him...;)

ShelboTron

Well thanks for all the feedback. I finally defeated him and got the amulet. I feel like a GOD after that! lol.

What I did was actually pull out my sanguine rose staff and let that dremora do his thing while I sat back behind a piece of rock and pelted the bastard with arrows.

So even when he did do the disarm shout, I had my back against a wall and my weapon wouldn't go far.

Most annoying fight I've had yet. I'm sure there will be more...but now I have the amulet. *troll face*

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts