For which system will you play Skyrim?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

MellowGuy

Hi all. I have the choice to get Skyrim on Xbox 360 or pc. I'm still undecided and considering which to play it on. My experiences with Oblivion on Xbox was annoying at first but it improved with more updates. PC's advantage would be the awesome Mods with no microsoft penalty.

For which of the three (PC, PS3 or Xbox 360) will you be playing Skyrim on?

Renegader

Administrator
Staff member
I've already pre-ordered it for PC. I'm getting it because I recently got my new computer - If I didn't get my new computer yet, I'd probably get it on console. The game's going to have amazing graphics and I want the 'full' experience by playing it on PC. :)

Steve House

Pre-Ordered mine for xbox 360...would love to have PC version but unfortunately my PC probably couldnt handle it lol...oh well...at least I can still play/mod the crap out of Morrowind lmao...not sure if it can handle oblivion or not...hmmm...I'll have to check and see :p

Tri-edge

Also a Pc gamer :) my Pc can play the latest games so far so i cant wait to Crank skyrim on High and Play it mann :) its going to be sweet im going to try not to fast travel and take in the sites in skyrim

N3w_2_$kyr1min

Can't wait for Skyrim
I am the same.. PC or 360.. but the way I see it, it's a clear decision:

PC provides more immersion, it provides modding for after I've finished the game (I have my own rule, I never mod a game until I've fully completed the storyline at least once beforehand lol), as it'll be a single player game it loses nothing on the multi-player side, graphics on PC and loading times tend to be a lot faster for me as I have a gaming rig.. and overall it's just a more enjoyable experience. When it comes to playing the game, you also have more flexibility with controls and button mapping and things like that. :)

Jeruhmi

Also, apparently people on the consoles won't experience the game's graphics to the full extent - as the console graphics are a little outdated.

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
Definitely the PC.

While I do have some consoles I mostly play video games on my computer. Especially those that you play from a First Person perspective. I simply prefer the more precise controls for these. And in case of Bethesda games mods are obviously also a big plus. Not to mention the superior graphics ...

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
Same here. Most of the time I only use my consoles for exclusives such as “Shadow of the Colossus” or Beat ’Em Ups and turn-based RPGs.

Vimalamitra

Professional complainer
I am the same.. PC or 360.. but the way I see it, it's a clear decision:

PC provides more immersion, it provides modding for after I've finished the game (I have my own rule, I never mod a game until I've fully completed the storyline at least once beforehand lol), as it'll be a single player game it loses nothing on the multi-player side, graphics on PC and loading times tend to be a lot faster for me as I have a gaming rig.. and overall it's just a more enjoyable experience. When it comes to playing the game, you also have more flexibility with controls and button mapping and things like that. :)

You pinpointed exactly what I had in mind. PC is much easier to customize and mod to your own preferences, unlike consoles. And the hardware in consoles supports only directx 9, where as PC supports dx 11. Believe it or not, there's a huge difference between these two dx systems.

pcgamingmasterrace.jpg

Sorry, I had to do it. >:D

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts