• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Jurgarik Greycloak

Techno master of Tamriel.
Just going to warn you now, the game on PS 4 may not come with mod support thanks to Sony not allowing them for Fallout 4. Just wanted to let you all know in case Sony won't let Skyrim SE PS 4 users have mods.

Edit: Did not see there was a post about this on the Skyrim Mods Section. Still will leave this up.

Voorth

"Dyin' ain't much of a living, boy." - Josey Wales
The only reason i was going to get Remastered was because of Mods. No way I'm paying $60 for a game I can play on my PS3. Sure the graphics are a bit better, but no other changes. Meh.

Jurgarik Greycloak

Well, Voorth, I am glad I have Skyrim on PC. I mainly wanted people getting the game on PS 4 to know what the situation is, so they can decide if they still want it.

The main problem comes down to Sony now. No Mods for PS 4 Skyrim or Fallout 4 PS 4 until they say yes.

Voorth

Yep.

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
Yes, very upsetting this. Although I have yet to purchase the PS4, I'd already pre-ordered my Skyrim for that system. I've always had PS and didn't see this coming. So it seems that my conversion to xbox will be a forced reality. At least in this timeline...

Jurgarik Greycloak

Yes, very upsetting this. Although I have yet to purchase the PS4, I'd already pre-ordered my Skyrim for that system. I've always had PS and didn't see this coming. So it seems that my conversion to xbox will be a forced reality. At least in this timeline...

Hopefully, Sony will change their mind. I doubt they will, however. Just do not plan to get any Bethesda game for a Playstation again (not even PS 4).

Eolexis

Sony have shot themselves in the foot big time this week. Thankfully I'll be able to get it for free for PC when it comes out (although my current PC can't run the original game well at all :sadface::sadface::sadface:)

Jurgarik Greycloak

Sony have shot themselves in the foot big time this week. Thankfully I'll be able to get it for free for PC when it comes out (although my current PC can't run the original game well at all :sadface::sadface::sadface:)

I play skyrim on a laptop, oddly enough, and it plays it well enough (I avoid huge quest mods though). I still agree, that I thankfully get it free.

Eolexis

I play skyrim on a laptop, oddly enough, and it plays it well enough (I avoid huge quest mods though). I still agree, that I thankfully get it free.

My laptop isn't a gaming laptop that's the issue, so whenever I try to play it the framerate is choppy as hell and lags. I would get a gaming laptop but they cost too damn much.

Jurgarik Greycloak

My laptop isn't a gaming laptop that's the issue, so whenever I try to play it the framerate is choppy as hell and lags. I would get a gaming laptop but they cost too damn much.

Ah. Alright then.

JoeReese

Sony seems intent on reducing their income.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Skyrim will come out for the PS4 w/out mods.

I say - so what? I haven't used mods with Skyrim for almost 3 years when I gave up PC gaming and moved over to console exclusively.

I'll still buy it and I'll still play it.

Don't really care about mods.

There is no way I'm selling my soul to MS anymore than I already have had to by using it at the office.

Jurgarik Greycloak

Skyrim will come out for the PS4 w/out mods.

I say - so what? I haven't used mods with Skyrim for almost 3 years when I gave up PC gaming and moved over to console exclusively.

I'll still buy it and I'll still play it.

Don't really care about mods.

There is no way I'm selling my soul to MS anymore than I already have had to by using it at the office.

It was mostly for those getting it and hoping that they would get mods like their PC and XBone counterparts. I can understand, though.

Harc

Big Hog
Was REALLY looking forward to getting Skyrim SE on PS4 for the graphics, and primarily mod support. I run Skyrim on low graphics smoothly on my laptop, doesn't look bad at all, though not the best, but Sony just took a big plops on me, and many others like me. Now I sit in a void of the unknown thinking whether or not my computer can handle the free edition of Skyrim SE on steam, or if Sony will grow up and allow mod support, and I'm sure I'm not the only one with this same mindset.

Voorth

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts