• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
Poison is one of my favorite aspects of Skyrim. Nothing more satisfying to me than watching a dragon degrade into death after a poison shot. His health dwindling as he circles.

Here are a few that have served me well over many, many battles.

Deathbell/Small Antlers/Nightshade- Weakness to poison, drain stamina and poison damage

Deathbell/Bleeding Crown/River Betty- Slow, poison damage and weakness to poison

Blisterwort/Skeever Tail/Troll Fat- Frenzy and poison damage

Deathbell/Giant Lichen/Skeever Tail- Damage health, ravage health and weakness to poison

Human Flesh/Slaughterfish Egg/Imp Stool- Paralyze, poison damage and lingering poison damage

and finally, my favorite and by far the hardest to come by... not so awesome against those dragon priests unfortunately.

Falmer Ear/Hanging Moss/Human Heart- Damage health, frenzy, damage magicka and damage magicka regen

To any aspiring poisoners out there, give those a whirl and see if you don't want to expand that poison tree a little. ;)

Are dragon priests affected by Frenzy poison? Oh and: Deathbell + Pine Thrush Egg + River Betty = weakness to poison, damage health and slow. Useful against fast enemies.

LotusEater

Are dragon priests affected by Frenzy poison? Oh and: Deathbell + Pine Thrush Egg + River Betty = weakness to poison, damage health and slow. Useful against fast enemies.

Y'know, I can't say for sure now that you mention it. I'm gonna have to pay closer attention. I usually just let one loose on him and turn to deal with any henchman. I can't honestly say for sure that I've seen them frenzied. And since the human hearts are hard to come by, I never use it on lone priests.

LotusEater

Just looked it up. Apparently they are immune. Did not know that...

Oh well... still works good against those mage bosses. :)

Black Orchid

Death Incarnate
Jarrin Root, Crimson Nirnroot, and Glow Dust = Poison of Damage Health = deadliest poison in the game.

Unfortunately, there is only one instance in the game where Jarrin Root is obtainable. I saved it for a much more powerful foe than the one it was originally intended for.

Adam Warlock

With Dragonborn DLC , the combination of Imp Stool , Scathecraw , and Skeever Tail makes a killer 3 effect poison.

LotusEater

Jarrin Root, Crimson Nirnroot, and Glow Dust = Poison of Damage Health = deadliest poison in the game.

Unfortunately, there is only one instance in the game where Jarrin Root is obtainable. I saved it for a much more powerful foe than the one it was originally intended for.

Ya. That poison is insane. I don't run the DB questline often so I don't see it much. Thankfully with Dawnguard I have a steady supply of human hearts. That's about the most obnoxious poison I brew. I seem to struggle finding Glow Dust now that you mention it. It's odd because I seem to be able to easily hunt down any other exotic ingredient (I hunt and gather A LOT) but Glow Dust seems to elude the hell out of me unless I buy it.

LotusEater

With Dragonborn DLC , the combination of Imp Stool , Scathecraw , and Skeever Tail makes a killer 3 effect poison.

That's cool. Scathecraw is EVERYWHERE. Have you ever played around with Poison Bloom and Gleamblossom from DG? I've never really experimented with them.

Benthos

Proud Mer
I normally use Frostbite venom or any other poisons you can find, it usually helps chip away their health (if they're not immune to it) and helps finish the job quicker. Other than finding vials lying around, you can commonly find them for sale at general store merchants and Khajiit caravans.

Adam Warlock

That's cool. Scathecraw is EVERYWHERE. Have you ever played around with Poison Bloom and Gleamblossom from DG? I've never really experimented with them.

Poison Bloom not all that exciting considering the limited amount of them in the game.
Use it like (or with) River Betty or Deathbell to get Damage Health + Slow effects.
Add a Fear effect with Blue Dartwing or similar fear ingredient

Gleamblossom is an odd duck as it`s 2 poison effects of Paralysis and Fear don`t really compliment each other well or do any direct damage.
Makes a much better beneficial potion with it`s Resist Magic and Regenerate Health effects.
but works fine if all you want is a 2nd ingredient for a Paralysis poison

Adam Warlock

I do have an issue with the way Fear and Frenzy generally cap in the 20s levels for Alchemy.

If your planned battle tactic is to make your strongest foe in a group run away while you deal with the small-fry , even your best Fear poison will have less chance of success than a perked dual-cast illusion spell.

With a Frenzy poison , you`re often reduced to using your 1st attack on a vulnerable foe nearest to the boss if you want the effect to help you in some way.(i.e. get a Vampire`s Thrall to attack their master or a bandit Thug to fight their Chief)

Adam Warlock

Dragonborn DLC can greatly increase your Alchemy power without use of the Restoration glitch or Vampiric boost.

You need:

Powers granted by the Black Book , The Sallow Regent
4 of Ahzidal`s relics including the Boots of Waterwalking
Grand or Black Soul Gems
Ingredients for Fortify Enchanting potions
Maxed Enchanting and Alchemy

Now do the typical Alchemy/ Enchanting loop of making Fortify Alchemy gear at an Enchanter and then using improved gear at an Alchemy table to create stronger Fortify Enchanting potions, and so on.

Each time you enchant , use Black Book power Seeker of Sorcery and wear relics to acquire Ahzidal`s Genius effect before drinking Fortify Enchanting potion(enchant 4 items)
Each time you create potions , wear best Fortify Alchemy gear and use Black Book`s Seeker of Shadows.(make at least 4)

Loop should cap at 35% Fortify Alchemy per gear item and 40% Fortify Enchanting potion.
140% Fortify Alchemy + Seeker of Shadows = the most powerful poisons

LotusEater

Dragonborn DLC can greatly increase your Alchemy power without use of the Restoration glitch or Vampiric boost.

You need:

Powers granted by the Black Book , The Sallow Regent
4 of Ahzidal`s relics including the Boots of Waterwalking
Grand or Black Soul Gems
Ingredients for Fortify Enchanting potions
Maxed Enchanting and Alchemy

Now do the typical Alchemy/ Enchanting loop of making Fortify Alchemy gear at an Enchanter and then using improved gear at an Alchemy table to create stronger Fortify Enchanting potions, and so on.

Each time you enchant , use Black Book power Seeker of Sorcery and wear relics to acquire Ahzidal`s Genius effect before drinking Fortify Enchanting potion(enchant 4 items)
Each time you create potions , wear best Fortify Alchemy gear and use Black Book`s Seeker of Shadows.(make at least 4)

Loop should cap at 35% Fortify Alchemy per gear item and 40% Fortify Enchanting potion.
140% Fortify Alchemy + Seeker of Shadows = the most powerful poisons

Yup. Been down that rabbit hole many times. The perfect enchantment numbers! :)

Those numbers do make some broken ass potions for sure but I've been trying real hard to not get caught up in that again. I do have the entire Ahdizal set however and will continue to use that.

Right now with my crafting gear I'm getting 37% Fortify Enchanting. I can live with that. There was a time when that extra 3% would drive me to drugs until I got it. If I want to put it over the top, I have a falmer helmet on stand-by that I have yet to use for crafting.

Speak Easy

A good tip for lazy poisoners is: Run around the Morthal swamps and get all the Dethbell + Canis Root + Swamp Fungal Pods which are always right next to eachother. Combine them all and get Paralyze/Poison Damage. They sell high too.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts