Spoiler For all you Ulfric haters...

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
If he truly was as greedy, and selfish as you say...

When you finish the Imperial Conquest, and you approach Ulfric at his throne...

Why does he say "Skyrim doesn't belong to me, I belong to Skyrim"

Discuss.

Couthful

Tamriel Adventurer
This mindset is what made him the mighty force he is in game: speaker of Thu'um, Jarl of Windhelm, Leader of the Stormcloaks, and aspiring High King. He leads a province he loves into Civil War in hopes of breaking from the tyranny controlling their religion and lives, whats not to like right?

Still doesn't excuse his ideals of a superior Nordic race and borderline racism, certainly doesn't excuse the way he exterminated the Forsworn of Markarth, and most of all doesn't excuse the killing of women, children(!), and elderly which don't bear arms for the cause... even if it's a good cause.

This mindset is what made him the mighty force he is in game: speaker of Thu'um, Jarl of Windhelm, Leader of the Stormcloaks, and aspiring High King. He leads a province he loves into Civil War in hopes of breaking from the tyranny controlling their religion and lives, whats not to like right?

Still doesn't excuse his ideals of a superior Nordic race and borderline racism, certainly doesn't excuse the way he exterminated the Forsworn of Markarth, and most of all doesn't excuse the killing of women, children(!), and elderly which don't bear arms for the cause... even if it's a good cause.

Give examples of him killing women and children.

Plus, women serve in the Stormcloak and Imperial Armies, they are soldiers too...

And the Forsworn deserved extermination, they are nuts.

Couthful

Tamriel Adventurer
The Nord supremacy and sacking of Markarth aside, Ulfric has a good cause but according to Arrianus Arius, Imperial Scholar:

Every official who worked for the Forsworn was put to the sword, even after they had surrendered. Native women were tortured to give up names of Forsworn fighters who had fled the city or were in the hills of the Reach. Anyone who lived in the city, Forsworn and Nord alike, were executed if they had not fought with Ulfric and his men when they breached the gates. "You are with us, or you are against Skyrim" was the message on Ulfric's lips as he ordered the deaths of shopkeepers, farmers, the elderly, and any child old enough to lift a sword that had failed in the call to fight with him.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:The_Bear_of_Markarth

Sentinala

Premium Member
Am i the only one who thinks Markarth is F"ed UP?

cynda mine is crazy!!!

also so much underground crap going on....*SPOILER* 99% of the people in city are cannibals...*SPOILER*

that one guy

the imperials and stormcloaks both want the same thing the good of there people thay may do it in different ways but thay still want it. tho i will always side with the stormcloaks becuse thay fight for freedom and i just need to say you cant pull the race card if your talking about two racist groups and yes i say the stormcloaks are racist like the imperials.

Static

the imperials and stormcloaks both want the same thing the good of there people thay may do it in different ways but thay still want it. tho i will always side with the stormcloaks becuse thay fight for freedom and i just need to say you cant pull the race card if your talking about two racist groups and yes i say the stormcloaks are racist like the imperials.

The Imperials are nowhere near as racist as the Stormcloaks. Legate Rikke, one of the highest ranking soldiers in Skyrim, is a Nord, and every race but the Khajit is present in Solitude. As I recall, I have seen Dunmer and Altmer, as well as various humans in charge of Imperial camps. The Stormcloaks are all about 'Skyrim for the Nords', and actively oppress the other races (Dunmer and Argonians most obviously) for nothing other than their race. The Imperials can be equally as cruel, but for the most part they discriminate people for their actions and doctrine rather than for their heritage. The Argonians and Dunmer (and Forsworn) did nothing to deserve their persecution by the Stormcloaks: the Dunmer were simply fleeing the destruction of their homeland, and were distrusted for nothing more than their arrival at a tense time; and the Argonians suffer for much the same reason. The Stormcloaks follow the naive mindset of inherent ownership of land due to little more than happenstance of birth, and are terrified of change and are hypocritical to the extreme - starting the civil war to attempt to liberate 'religious freedom' and yet persecuting other races due to fears of their culture 'muddying' the Nordic ideal.

The Imperials are nowhere near as racist as the Stormcloaks. Legate Rikke, one of the highest ranking soldiers in Skyrim, is a Nord, and every race but the Khajit is present in Solitude. As I recall, I have seen Dunmer and Altmer, as well as various humans in charge of Imperial camps. The Stormcloaks are all about 'Skyrim for the Nords', and actively oppress the other races (Dunmer and Argonians most obviously) for nothing other than their race. The Imperials can be equally as cruel, but for the most part they discriminate people for their actions and doctrine rather than for their heritage. The Argonians and Dunmer (and Forsworn) did nothing to deserve their persecution by the Stormcloaks: the Dunmer were simply fleeing the destruction of their homeland, and were distrusted for nothing more than their arrival at a tense time; and the Argonians suffer for much the same reason. The Stormcloaks follow the naive mindset of inherent ownership of land due to little more than happenstance of birth, and are terrified of change and are hypocritical to the extreme - starting the civil war to attempt to liberate 'religious freedom' and yet persecuting other races due to fears of their culture 'muddying' the Nordic ideal.

Do you deny Skyrim was originally inhabited by the Nords?

Jaeger

Spoilers

Also, has anybody been in the New Gnisis Cornerclub, a dark elf bar in windhelm? Anybody check out the Imperial armor in the owner's bedroom? Ooops. No wonder they don't trust 'em.

Jaeger

Ignorant of spy craft are ya? See my above post.

Static

Do you deny Skyrim was originally inhabited by the Nords?

No, but being born in a place doesn't give you the right to deny other people equal rights simply because they weren't.

Ignorant of spy craft are ya? See my above post.

A single spy being used as a reason to hate an entire race - that sounds fair. It's war, both sides will be using spies. In fact, it's likely the only reason that that Dunmer is a spy is due to the oppression his people were suffering under the Stormcloaks.

M'aiqaelF

Male, 32 years old, Denver area, CO
he's not quite so high and mighty when his corpse is stripped and lying dead in his throne room long after the quest is completed, lol!

Jaeger

No, but being born in a place doesn't give you the right to deny other people equal rights simply because they weren't.

We are talking about dark elves right? Slavers? Necromancers (but only of non elves; so therefore racist).

I have yet met a dark elf I want to break bread with. I gave that darl elf Mara cleric a kickass Mage robe and a plain Jane purple cleric-alchemist robe of that daedric nightmare cult. What did he choose to wear? The plain Jane cult one! Evil, through and through. Here and I went and did the right thing by destroying that staff and the first chance he gets he snuggled up to that nightmare daedric bitch!

A single spy being used as a reason to hate an entire race - that sounds fair. It's war, both sides will be using spies. In fact, it's likely the only reason that that Dunmer is a spy is due to the oppression his people were suffering under the Stormcloaks.

Right, and that's why you round 'em up. Take the gypsys in ww2. They are mobile and consequently were transporting spies. Really. Spies throw some money there way. Climb aboard. During a checkpoint search, walla, what have we here. Well, you know, what happened with them.

Static

We are talking about dark elves right? Slavers? Necromancers (but only of non elves; so therefore racist).

I have yet met a dark elf I want to break bread with. I gave that darl elf Mara cleric a kickass Mage robe and a plain Jane purple cleric-alchemist robe of that daedric nightmare cult. What did he choose to wear? The plain Jane cult one! Evil, through and through. Here and I went and did the right thing by destroying that staff and the first chance he gets he snuggled up to that nightmare daedric bitch!

I've yet to meet a Dark Elf in Skyrim I dislike. They're one of the few races that seem almost entirely neutral/good in Skyrim. And what clothes a character wears is based entirely on which it is better, not any cultural preference: game code doesn't do that.

Right, and that's why you round 'em up. Take the gypsys in ww2. They are mobile and consequently were transporting spies. Really. Spies throw some money there way. Climb aboard. During a checkpoint search, walla, what have we here. Well, you know, what happened with them.

So your argument for why the Stormcloaks are right to persecute Dark Elves is because those beacons of moral thinking and fair treatment, the Nazis, did a similar thing?

Can't tell if trolling or not.

Jaeger

^^

You crazy. Dark elves were practicing evil daedreic nightmare crazy plops. Assassins. Necromancers. Funeral home directors. Good/Neutral - BAH!

If you round them up like the good ole US of A did the japanese, the Germans wouldn't have had the need to gas 'em as punishment for aiding the enemy.

Gandalf The Boss

Pupil of Nienna. Defender of Middle Earth
I don't like Ulfric. He's a racist!

And I eat racists for breakfast....

So I eat Ulfric :mad:

For breakfast... With some lemon juice :D

(Lol random post)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts