Followers, followers, followers...

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Those endlessly annoying folks that hang out with you in Skyrim giving you "support" and "backup".

I am truly trying to use followers this runthrough. Honestly!

Know that I NEVER use followers. They just drive me nuts and get in my way, but, I figure, since I'm a warrior Orc, I should at least try to be companionable.

I'm still running with Lydia. She's the only one that doesn't seem to drive me completely nuts at this point.

Vilkas, Farkas and Aela are just obnoxious (IMO) and the other Companions just aren't worth any salt.

As I'm at level 32 now, I'm beginning to run out of options if I don't join the Dawnguard, go to Solstheim (and then there's only one and she's not exactly pleasant to be around) or join the college.

I am reading that the housecarls will level up to 50 with me, so at least I can run with Lydia for a while longer.

Had wanted to get one of the female Orcs, but, they only level to 30 so the best I can do is marry one. :sadface:

In any case - do y'all have favorite followers? If so, why? Are any good all the way through that you've experienced?

I will probably join the College and get J'Zargo since I like his voice and his personality and it never hurts to have a mage backup who can also wear armor and use a sword.

One other question: I'm switching Lyds back to one handed since she is apparently more comfortable with that (I have a kick-a** ebony mace she can use - hey, I have 2 since I intend to up my one handed at some point). Sound like a plan?

I could use your feedback my fiends!

Thanks. :)

Daelon DuLac

I like that Dark Elf spellsword in the Retching Netch on Solstheim. He's pretty powerful, in my limited experience.
I agree. He is cool. The problem is that he only levels to 60 and you have to go all the way to Solstheim to get him. I've used him before and he's really good. I do have to change his armor though. That "bug head" thing just gets on my nerves.

Thanks for the thought though. If I make it to Solstheim before I'm level 60, I may just take him on!

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
Once you get a few quests deep into Dawnguard you can get Ingjard, the beautiful two-handed Nord women who (I believe) levels up with you indefinately. :beermug:

Daelon DuLac

Once you get a few quests deep into Dawnguard you can get Ingjard, the beautiful two-handed Nord women who (I believe) levels up with you indefinately. :beermug:
Yup. She does.

Reaper87

吉光

Well, I'm glad it's a two-handed person than a one-handed person :D
Oh, you mean the weapon? I understand now ;)

And it's always good to have a trainer who trains a skill infinitely.

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
But if you don't want to join dawnguard, as your first post suggests, get Eola. I know she only levels up to 30, but if you give her a powerful sword and good armor it won't matter. My apocalyptic argonian uses her exclusively, and he's level 82. I watched Eola hold her own with the Ebony Warrior... for about 15 seconds. Which is quite good, considering. :beermug:

Daelon DuLac

But if you don't want to join dawnguard, as your first post suggests, get Eola. I know she only levels up to 30, but if you give her a powerful sword and good armor it won't matter. My apocalyptic argonian uses her exclusively, and he's level 82. I watched Eola hold her own with the Ebony Warrior... for about 15 seconds. Which is quite good, considering. :beermug:
It is so bad she's of low level since I do intend to make her a friend in the near future.

I am joining the DG though so there's always those options.

Just a little disappointed that some of my favorites stop leveling at such low levels though.

Papoy

DON'T EXPECT SPOILER WARNINGS FROM ME
Calder (windhelm housecarl), Cicero (tho u aint sneaky and dont like loud compainios) are mine fav. I use Calder on both mages and warriors cuz he is tough ass.

Daelon DuLac

Calder (windhelm housecarl), Cicero (tho u aint sneaky and dont like loud compainios) are mine fav. I use Calder on both mages and warriors cuz he is tough ass.
That's a great suggestion! I have never actually used Calder, but I don't think I can get him without joining the Stormcloaks. Maybe next time.
I do love my Cicero - he's hilarious. I hadn't planned on joining the DB until late game though so I might need to settle for one of the recruits since they'll level up to 100.
Hmm...
Thanks!

Mithro'I

I never use followers except on heavily houseruled legendary playthroughs. On those, Uthgerd made a really good impression on me, and seemed to be able to hold her own far longer than anyone else I've tried out. Which werent that many.

Secunda_

The Dragon Knight
If you want a mage follower, recruit Marcurio at the Bee and Bard in Riften. Guy is one powerful mage let me tell you..

If you want a stealthy follower, I suggest a Dark Brotherhood initiate, as they are one of the most powerful followers in the game stat wise.

Papoy

DON'T EXPECT SPOILER WARNINGS FROM ME
You can have calder without joining stormcloacks. Do the quest Blood on the ice (about those kills in windhelm) when u catch the real killer u can start quest for becoming a thane. Just, the house is second most expensive one, after house in solitude, its 12k gold so it will take some time. But, he lvls to 50 as wikia says. Up to u.

Well, I'm a simple man. I see followers who can use bows efficiently, I press like. On a more serious note, arrow littering is one of the main villains for console players. Since the arrows won't vanish, the save file will slowly bloat up.

On top of my head, my favorite followers are J'zargo, Frea, Deerkeethus and pretty much every spellsword and mage who won't alternate their destruction spells for longbows. Jzargo's spells sucks, so I recommend giving him one of those fancy Ahzidal's rings. Frea is probably the best follower in game given the fact that she has no level cap, is considered essential and has one of the best combinations of perks & spells available.

Last edited:
I just started a new orc warrior as well! I'm using faendal as my follower so he can just fire arrows whilst I obviously tank like mad.

DragonInASuit

I like MHARPHIN. He is pretty cool and interesting. But he is a mod, not part of the vanilla game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ciphoenix

I would say my favourites are Jordis, Lydia, Mjoll, Ingjard, and Jenassa.

As for magic weirding followers, Serana over all for me.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

lyndi_dather

Spell Slinging Derp
Ingjard from Dawnguard, and I equip her with a Two-Handed Dragonbone Great sword with a fire enchant, Dragonplate Armor with Stamina enchant, and a necklace with health. She is the one I travel with the most, but I do use several others.

Villas, Farkas, Aela, Lydia, and Serana. They don't deserve goodies though [emoji85]

Voorth

"Dyin' ain't much of a living, boy." - Josey Wales
If you want a mage follower, recruit Marcurio at the Bee and Bard in Riften. Guy is one powerful mage let me tell you..

If you want a stealthy follower, I suggest a Dark Brotherhood initiate, as they are one of the most powerful followers in the game stat wise.

I liked the Dark Brotherhood initiate.... except that she ALWAYS bumped me when i stopped. Wherever i stopped. Even next to cliffs and bridges..... :mad:

Secunda_

The Dragon Knight

I liked the Dark Brotherhood initiate.... except that she ALWAYS bumped me when i stopped. Wherever i stopped. Even next to cliffs and bridges..... :mad:
You play on PC? Because they have a mod specifcally for that! lol :p

Latest posts