• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
Since getting the enhanced version, I am using Hearthfire for the first time. I hired Mjoll to be my Steward, which seems to be working out, but now every time I try to take on a follower I get the "You already have someone" dialogue. Can you not have both a steward and a follower at the same time?

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
Since getting the enhanced version, I am using Hearthfire for the first time. I hired Mjoll to be my Steward, which seems to be working out, but now every time I try to take on a follower I get the "You already have someone" dialogue. Can you not have both a steward and a follower at the same time?
If the Steward and the Follower are two different people, then you cannot have them at the same time. But if you're steward is your follower, you should be able to bring them along (as far as I know).

Adam Warlock

Make sure to dismiss Mjoll as your follower.{see her dialogue to part ways} She will then return to the house where she is steward and work there. Then you can get another follower.
Other causes of this common bug include Serana `s status during cetain stages of the Dawnguard quest line/

Adam Warlock

Make sure to dismiss Mjoll as your follower.{see her dialogue to part ways} She will then return to the house where she is steward and work there. Then you can get another follower.
Other causes of this common bug include Serana `s status during cetain stages of the Dawnguard quest line/
It may also be a glitch caused by a mod since the vanilla game doesnt have the means to hire Mjoll as a steward{bug}

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts