" follower" ... whos the best follower n y?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

is melee follower better than mage follower?

• melee

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • mage

Votes: 6 85.7%

• Total voters

ra666x

no stone left unturned
" follower" ... whos the best follower n y?
n is mage followers better than melee follower???

n for some dum reason a feel loyal ta mi first follower n dunt wanna sack her =/
but dosnt hurt ta know who is the best follower out there n why???

Richmipkin

Have you met maven, up in riften? Yea sure lady
I feel as if though they all just are annoying. Randomly talking to me for no reason. Just shut up and carry my stuff and keep shooting daedric arrows so i can get them off the dead bodies

Sacrier10

J'zargo in the college is by far the best. He dual casts fire storm and and you can equip him with heavy armor. Why you might ask? CAUSE HE'S F***ING J'ZARGO.

ra666x

no stone left unturned
=] rich ya funni=]
sacrier funni u said him cuz few friends said he died on the first quest they took j`zargo on?? n also in a thick battle he just puts weapons away n fights with his fists???!!!

ra666x

no stone left unturned
wow how the heck u get the giants club???a have ta take a massive detour round giants the pwn mi bad=[

ra666x

no stone left unturned
but one possitive a hear that his lvl goes up quite high n also he has a very high startin hp health?

FenrirofSatan

TheMan TheMyth TheLegend
I would have to agree with the above post. J'zargo is, correct me if I am wrong, the only follower that levels up with your character, so he is very good to keep around if you are in need of a follower. However, if you are a lower level, J'zargo is hard to get. You must unlock him by doing some college of winterhold quests and one of his quests which might prove a challenge for those who are low levels. I currently have Mercurio, and he does wonder for me at the moment.

In my opinion, if you are a mage, you probably don't want a follower because you will have spells that do damage in an AOE (Area of Effect) which might kill your follower. If you use a bow more than a sword, a melee follower is what you want, with heavy armor and a nice sword and sheild or two handed weapon. If you favor the sword/mace/axe, then a mage/archer would better suite you.

The top followers in my opinion would be these:

Melee (Non-Ranged)
Anyone from the Companions

Melee (Ranged)
Faendal
Derkeethus

Mage
J'zargo
Mercurio

(Keep in mind, the melee characters are really only as good as the weapons and armor that you suite them with)

Doomy

I liked J'zargo, but he allways seemed to use Spark, even when I was level 30+. Gave up on him and went solo for a bit. I have had other problems with Mage Guild followers. The Dark Elf woman had a strop with me due to some friendly fire, now she refuses to cast ANY magic. I found the Nord dead in the Guild Hall, I think Mercurio took his Spark practise to be offensive, and took him out while I was chatting.

Mercurio at least used Lightning Bolt, but he never uses weapons, even when backed into a corner. Turned him into a Blade so I can get him again for free.

I used Faendal at the beginning, so just went back to give him full epic enchanted Glass Kit as a little reward, but he doesnt seem to cut the mustard anymore. Might turn him into a Blade.

ra666x

no stone left unturned
satan a was told tho if u dismiss a follower then as them ta join again there lvl catches ya up also if u take on a follower that trains u can pay him for trainin then open there invent n get money again so trainin for free=]
doomy a had faendal at beginin also he was pretty kl we gd of ya ta suit n boot him up when a returned ta him miself he had took off the stuff a gave him lol ingreat ! lol

Windress

I would have to agree with the above post. J'zargo is, correct me if I am wrong, the only follower that levels up with your character, so he is very good to keep around if you are in need of a follower. However, if you are a lower level, J'zargo is hard to get. You must unlock him by doing some college of winterhold quests and one of his quests which might prove a challenge for those who are low levels. I currently have Mercurio, and he does wonder for me at the moment.

In my opinion, if you are a mage, you probably don't want a follower because you will have spells that do damage in an AOE (Area of Effect) which might kill your follower. If you use a bow more than a sword, a melee follower is what you want, with heavy armor and a nice sword and sheild or two handed weapon. If you favor the sword/mace/axe, then a mage/archer would better suite you.

The top followers in my opinion would be these:

Melee (Non-Ranged)
Anyone from the Companions

Melee (Ranged)
Faendal
Derkeethus

Mage
J'zargo
Mercurio

(Keep in mind, the melee characters are really only as good as the weapons and armor that you suite them with)

Great response Fenrir! I wanted to just add to it that, of the selection of Companion followers, my preferences fall on Aela. She's handy with both a bow and arrow and a sword, and she seems to stay out of the way better than Vilkas or Farkas. I've used her repeatedly since completing the Kodlak Quests, and thus far I haven't had to worry about inadvertently killing her with my ranged destruction spells.

ra666x

no stone left unturned
yeh cheers satan n windress its jus mi follower at this time keep blockin da door n its vexin mi soo bad lol am nearlly threw with companion line so maybe a should return n finish that first thankx u2

ra666x

no stone left unturned
hey its jus am a sword n shield guy n a know the question was for all the followers who ever ya maybe but should a use a mage one ya recon???

VictoireXII

Crazed Skyrim Photographer
Farkas, Erik the Slayer and Jordis (favourite housecarl) are all very good followers to have around. They are strong, and really take a beating, and have some rather interesting lines as well. Mjoll the Lioness is another great addition, but if you are part of the thieves guild, she will not join you. Mage wise, I would reccomend Jh'zargo, or Mercurio.

ra666x

no stone left unturned
hmm thankx vic=]x a told them theifs ta go funk themselfs so lioness sounds gd a did here that she has gdreviews ...like a said before a friend said j`zargo was plop that he died on first run he took him on n when there was a big battle alot of people he put his weapon away n started boxin them lol

tiz funni tho j`zargo if the person a heard mentioned the most so ??? confused

M'aiqaelF

Male, 32 years old, Denver area, CO
IMO they all die too easily! I like the spectral assasin b/c if he dies you can bring him back the next day. The only downside is that you can't use him as a pack mule.

ra666x

no stone left unturned
yeh da pack mules r useless in da end anyway cuz in middle of a dungion or cave u have already filled them up n ya still crawlin with a motherload of invent with the other half of the dung/cave ta go fightin on ya knees=/

M'aiqaelF

Male, 32 years old, Denver area, CO
yeh da pack mules r useless in da end anyway cuz in middle of a dungion or cave u have already filled them up n ya still crawlin with a motherload of invent with the other half of the dung/cave ta go fightin on ya knees=/

lol is that even english?....my textspeak is not so great

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts