follower dies cant replace with another.....

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

CanAmBC

From Skyrim to New Vegas I roam....
Ok here's the deal .. I had Farkas and I used him most time to be my "pack mule" anyways he dies I go pillage him go to get another follower they say "it seems you have someone else...let me know yada yada" now at the time I got Conjure Deadra....I wonder since I can no longer get "followers" is that my issue?

PS I noticed on my running around Skyrim some of "dead followers" are back but they either walk or some silly position I know its a glitch of some sort has anyone have this issue?

Andante

Roleplaying Moderator
Have you tried waiting? I know it sounds very simple, but it usually works. I see you mentioned "looting" the body, so you obviously haven't just lost him somewhere. The game simply just thinks he's still following you. Try waiting 72 hours, and see if that frees up your follower position. That's usually the default amount of time it takes a follower to lose interest and go back to their default location.

I encountered a similar glitch with Farkas. He was married to my character, and I was using him as a follower, he died on a quest and fell over the edge of a cliff inside a cave, and his body disappeared. A few days later, he randomly respawned at Jorrvaskr, alive, and with no "memory" of having been married to my character. Sometimes, he will glitch and randomly "teleport" around the room. For such a popular character, he's awfully buggy.

CanAmBC

thanx for the response I was wondering that and I was looking at his outfit when I looted him he was wearing "Blades" armour funny thing I never took him to Delphine..shrugz.. lol I like the game so much some bugs I can work around but this one is sorta a pain...:rolleyes:

Andante

Roleplaying Moderator
I don't think you mentioned what platform you were playing on, but I'll go ahead and put this out there. If simply waiting isn't working to free up your follower position try opening the console and typing "set playerfollowercount to 0" (without quotes of course). That will remove any current followers and allow you to invite/hire a new one. Keep in mind, this is PC version only.

Andante

Roleplaying Moderator
Well, that's what the thread distinction tags are for. You really can't expect the community to help you solve your problem efficiently if you don't give us the information we need. I'm not experienced with the console version of the game, so I'm sorry to say I've given all the information I can concerning your problem.

CanAmBC

Well really thank you for the info and help.. found out it is a major glitch with the Farkas and his brother.... I did wait the 72 hrs and yes he's back and I ask him to follow he goes into this " almost endless loop of saying how bored he is and such and says I already have someone.... now his brother is missing shakes head.....its almost comical.. it is a pain I guess but I guess I can work around it.... means more trips lol

1millionBounty

same problem but had that lioness chick told her to stay at the thieves guild and after a while she\s not there anymore but back at the market of driften and can't get anymore followers.....

Need a quest to finish which requires to lead a follower to be sacrifaced....Need the armour so i can sneek in to markath and try to pay off my 16k bounty....I have over 100k :sadface:

same thing happened because vikus keeped following me even when i say to part ways with him so i killed him then the glitch happen witch made it 100% WORSE

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts