Five Embarrassing Habits We All Have

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

ultimatedovahkiin

Now's not the time for fear. That comes later.
I really only have one embarrassing, and also annoying, habit. Taking arrows to the knee.

Jei El

We will be avenged.
Please don't use the term "Yolo". That makes you sound like a fool.
Remarks like this remind me of a saying. " Tis better to have people think you're a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. " I say this because whenever I use the term yolo I use it in a sarcastic we all know this is dumb manner. Much as I'm sure this person did. Lets all remember, to remove all those logs from our own eyes before we remove that little splinter from our neighbors eh?

KOM3XxFTW

Taking and picking up food around Skyrim even when I have over a 100 health/healing potions. Yup. And I never eat, use, or sell it. THAT, and I have a habit of collecting scrolls... Yup...

BrthrhdOfSteel

The Goose Assassin
I collect sweet rolls. Buy em, find em, steeled, I don't care. I'm not sure why, mabe cause everyone asks me if someone stole MY sweet rolls. NO THEY DIDN'T! I have like 50 on me right now!

Writes-Many-Posts

Champion of Grottos and Gremlins
I collect sweet rolls. Buy em, find em, steeled, I don't care. I'm not sure why, mabe cause everyone asks me if someone stole MY sweet rolls. NO THEY DIDN'T! I have like 50 on me right now!

I use the Wabbajack as a factory of sweetrolls! I'm eating bandits at the tavern!

Kaelara

That was funny! I do all of them :3

Pyro Psycho

I like to screw around on a hacked save, just infinitely FUS ro dah ing or dual wielding miraaks sword.

LordFives5

An arrow to the knee is actually a Viking saying for getting married

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk

Pálrún

I'm guilty of all but the hoarding, which hopefully I got a handle on. If I don't need it, it stays in the chest.
Still, due to the 90 lbs of potions and the portable weapon collection I like on my person at all times, I need both the Ebony Boots of the Ox (50 boost in carry weight) and the Steed Stone.
I can't decide what to sacrifice, I need it all!!!

Being my first playthrough still, I hadn't given thought to subsequent ones, so yeah, I'm Archmage, in the Thieves Guild, and the Dark Brotherhood, and Thane of all holds but Falkreath and EastMarch. I really regret joining the DB, it's not at all consistent with my character, much less the Thieves Guild. Maybe I should just abandon those quests and go back to the Main, which I haven't finished yet.

If it was a close, nasty battle, yeah, I strip the cloths off (well, the women anyway, except Forsworn who look pretty sweet as is). It's humiliation, plain and simple.
Then I'll break out dual lightning, and if near a cliff or wall, I'll blast the bodies over the edge and watch as their broken, battered bodies do their rag-doll dance all the way down; or if near a lake, in the water they go, face down.

Did I mention my character is a little vindictive?

Yngol

Thief who uses heavy armour
My habit is that when I open a door I try to jump and enter the loading screen before hitting the ground. I do this without even knowing.

Kishwari Blackbow

Long live the Empire!
Because Skyrim is such a vast, bemusing game, we have been able to develop some pretty strange habits while playing it. From my own experiences, these are some of the humorous products of the freedom it offers.

1. ATTEMPTING TO CLIMB VERTICAL SLOPES
Every once in a while, you'll be journeying to a wondrous, newly marked destination, invigorated by the fresh mountain air (or as invigorated as you can be while playing a video game that is simulating fresh mountain air). You're trudging along in the snow, filled with the glorious optimism of adventure; but then, as if it has intent to completely spoil your jolly travels, a five-hundred-foot high slab of solid rock erupts from the earth in front of you - at an eighty-five degree angle. Okay... Where there's a will, there's a way, right? In Skyrim, the answer is yes - so, what do you do? You run straight into your (literally) granitic foe as fast as your parkour-champion legs can carry you, jumping relentlessly. Perhaps twenty real-time minutes later - if you're lucky - you will have proven victorious over this foul spawn of nature! Atop the cliff you stand, with a smug look etched on your face, knowing with a lack of modesty that not even physics can restrain you! BWAHAHAHA!
538312-1321178361.jpg

Image from Skyrim Nexus

2. HOARDING EVERYTHING WE CAN POSSIBLE GET OUR GRUBBY PAWS ON
I think we've all done this at some point in our Skyrim life. You've hacked, slashed, burned, sneaked, electrocuted and decapitated your way through hordes of baddies, and - lo and behold, what's this? A chest? WE MUST TAKE EVERYTHING IN IT! From the multitudes of unneeded Iron Swords, to the fat piles of Leather Bracers; everything must be taken and sold, regardless of it's worth. Leave nothing for the other petty, unworthy explorers that are sure to follow. This seems to be our mindset when scavenging Nordic ruins or delving into the depths of a cave.

A particular instance of this habit - and perhaps the rudest - is when we defile the graves of a complete stranger's ancestors. Imagine taking your monthly stroll to ol' great Uncle Hadvor's tomb. Oh - but, what has happened!? Great Uncle Hadvor now lies strewn across the surrounding catacombs in multiple pieces, his ancient corpse mutilated by some terrible grave-robber's blade. What foul, beast could have done such a thing? Not only has the immoral barbarian forever ravaged the peaceful silence of your great uncle, but he has stolen everything from tribute septims, garnets, and amulets to even the eulogistic poems that you have given to dear Hadvor as offerings of reverence over the years... You dare not dwell on the unspeakably evil crimes of this grave-defiling demon, lest you fall into a dreary depression...

Think about it this way, next time you're tempted to search that burial urn.
1819834-skyrim_new_03.jpg

Image from Giant Bomb

3. BECOMING THE ALMIGHTY, OMNIPOTENT DEITY OF ALL THINGS IMPORTANT
This one only applies to some people, some of the time; nevertheless, it is still a popular practice (and more of a bad one than an embarrassing one). The guards should eventually begin addressing you: "Hail, Listener of the Dark Brotherhood, Harbinger of the Companions, Arch-Mage of the College of Winterhold, Guild Master and Nightingale of the Thieves Guild, Thane of Whiterun, Eastmarch, Falkreath, Haafingar, Hjaalmarch, The Pale, The Reach, The Rift, and Winterhold, concluder of the civil war, and Dovahkiin," then gasp for oxygen that their lungs have given up for twelve seconds in order to address you properly. Of course, Bethesda didn't see it as rational for guards to address you as such, nor did they see it rational for their fans to attempt to experience the entire game with a single , solitary play-through. So, sit back, relax; this game is an RPG, not an action game, meaning that you should try to savor every moment of slipping around in the shadows, stalking the clueless target of an imminent Dark Brotherhood assassination (if you're sadistically twisted like me), or every opportunity you get to rush into another blood-boiling battle in the name of The Companions. This game is too big for one character.

View attachment 692
Image from Skyrim Nexus

4. ABUSING SHOUTS FOR MEANINGLESS, SOMEWHAT DESTRUCTIVE PURPOSES
"FUS..."
"Oh, what a lovely dinner you've prepared for us this fine evening, Jarl Balgruff!"
"RO..."
"Oh, I appreciate the food equally as much, but you must give your thanks to my cook - a most excellent one from Hammer-"
"DAH!!!!"

...Am I the only one who gets a little laugh out of attacking the Jarl's dining hall with Unrelenting Force? Perchance, but I suspect many others share a similar form of this unusual propensity. What would the Graybeards say if they saw you, the Dovahkiin, abusing your power over the Dragon Tongue to form potentially dangerous streams of flying plates, beautiful venison roasts, flagons, and cheese wedges? (Are you raging, Rale?) Oh, the joy of irresponsibility.
skyrimhoarder.jpg

Image from Badass Digest

5. STRIPPING THE CLOTHES FROM YOUR FALLEN ENEMIES WHILE IN MID-COMBAT
You're crouching behind a rock not quite large enough to hide your body completely from the endless volley of arrows whose poisonous tips whistle past your ears, eager to imbed themselves in your skull. By some miracle, you've survived, and your bandit foes take a moment to position for another wave. You seize the opportunity, desperately scrambling toward a nearby patch of young trees whose branches spread outward, forming a natural barrier. Exhausted and drained by the adrenaline rush you are so familiar to, you stop a moment to catch your breath. You don't get the chance: a bandit dashes toward your cover, raising an axe above her head. You react automatically - a skill possessed by seasoned fighters such as yourself: your enemy receives a dagger to the stomach before crumpling lifelessly to the earth. At this moment, something strange happens. You begin to catch your breath, and everything seems to come to a standstill...

Back in real life, your mind grows bored in this sliver of a moment, and this very boredom forms a mysteriously compelling urge to keep yourself entertained. An idea hatches in your mind. You approach the bandit's dead body, and proceed to strip them of every article of clothing they own - as if being dead isn't insulting enough. You sit there, game paused, slightly intrigued, yet you cannot pinpoint the exact reason why... Perchance it is the shocking yellow undergarments that she chose to wear in battle. No, it's something more... something deeper... Bah, I should stop this before... well, never mind. I've made my point.
TESV+2011-11-16+13-11-30-33.jpg

Image from Blogger

I hope you found this list somewhat interesting - it's more for enjoyment than for game tips, news, and the like. Let me know if you've developed similar quirks while playing.

View attachment 696
I can Definetly relate to this xD

Jybrael

The one and only annoying habit that I have is..I always try to jump around like a bunny whenever I am fighting with swords...I don't know why...

Reaper87

吉光
Walking around the room IRL for some reason, whenever there is a long loading screen :p I don't even know!

hershangames

My habit is that I kill any guard that says something disrespectful to me.
"Don't cause any trouble khajit"
Cutrhoad!
"Keep your hands were I can see them"
Sure, but you won't see yours.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Onyx Black

Lord of Onyx
Yeah, I'm guilty of ALL of these, though I must admit that, I also have a tendency to sort of... Buy arrows on impulse regardless of if I will use all of them.
I do this all the time, and look, free arrows are free arrows, so that means I can have them.

Hell, I'll go through places mid battle just for arrows, I no longer need to sell all hide armor I get to get some cash, that's what I do at low levels, collect light armor and potions for cash.

I'm very OCD too. I NEED the arrows and weapons in this barrel. "Armor in that one, do necklaces count? Suppose they should, I don't need a jewellery box, nor do I have one, oh, and all unique Misc things in this barrel along with Gold, Ebony and Daedra hearts, oh that was your unique gem? Thank you, now to hoard more crap".
I also have OCD, but it's about grammar, ironically enough. I do check the grammar in Skyrim and sometimes I just sit for five minutes looking at my screen thinking "Why...?"

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts