Five Embarrassing Habits We All Have

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Nyneve

Nyneve Atredies - Dunmer Murderess
Speaking of Unrentlenting Force... I was running through Solitude and I had my son on my lap. He hit the shout button, as he is one to do. I normally switch it to a harmless one, like Whirlwind Sprint, because I know he's going to. I forgot this time. He hit it and this poor lone figure that was cross the street flew back and literally rolled down the hill. It was the most hilarious thing I've ever seen (am I a cruel person?) until I had guards chasing me for attacking someone.

bulbaquil

...is not Sjadbek, he just runs him.
To say I'm not guilty of #1 would be not entirely true, but not entirely false either.

I'm more fond of using the Dragonborn Epic Climbing System to go DOWN the steep mountainside unharmed, but I don't think I've ever ascended Serpentstone Isle the way you're "supposed" to do so.

Gorzash

Battle-Jaded Orc
There is a "right" way to ascend it? I've always thought that it's glacier all around. xD

I DEFINITELY don't do anything on this list... ha ha ha.... STOP STARING AT ME LIKE THAT! Anyways, I don't hoard stuff like iron weapons, but I get as much good class armor as I can to enchant and sell. I also hoard useless gems and stuff and put them in my secret treasury in honeyside... that I don't have... STAY AWAY FROM MY BASEMENT TREASURY!

Oh, and you called the third one the Deity of all things important- so why did you include Falkreath? Lol, little joke. And people say you'd be defiling the Draugr's crypts and all that- but the Draugr are undead warriors dating to the Dragon War, who get to live eternally for keeping care of higher-ranking dragon cultists (including Dragon Priests).

Gorzash

Battle-Jaded Orc
Oh, and you called the third one the Deity of all things important- so why did you include Falkreath? Lol, little joke. And people say you'd be defiling the Draugr's crypts and all that- but the Draugr are undead warriors dating to the Dragon War, who get to live eternally for keeping care of higher-ranking dragon cultists (including Dragon Priests).
Not everything in Skyrim adds up; this is a perfect example. There are garnets, gold, and other valuables seemingly offered as tributes to someone's ancestors buried around Draugr crypts, yet as you mentioned, Draugr are supposed to be servants of the dragons... I don't know whether to treat the Draugr's past as a myth in the game or canon history. I just figured that if I went with Draugr being the undead ancestors of some kindhearted fellow, then it would be easier to make people feel guilty about their atrocities. :p

Not everything in Skyrim adds up; this is a perfect example. There are garnets, gold, and other valuables seemingly offered as tributes to someone's ancestors buried around Draugr crypts, yet as you mentioned, Draugr are supposed to be servants of the dragons... I don't know whether to treat the Draugr's past as a myth in the game or canon history. I just figured that if I went with Draugr being the undead ancestors of some kindhearted fellow, then it would be easier to make people feel guilty about their atrocities. :p
Good point. Although the treasure lying around and in chests and stuff is most likely for the high-level cultist/Draon Priest, and the Draugr were probably buried with the gold for like, payment of duties in life.

BrthrhdOfSteel

The Goose Assassin
I have done all of these things.....lol

Alvendrem

Oh yes, every single one of these apply. Especially #4, be using Whirlwind Sprint while over encumbered, using Unrelenting force on neatly stacked piles of things, or simply blasting Throw Voice into the face of any particularly smug guards.

I feel no shame in #3, though. I will not rest until I am reffered to by a title that occupies at least three sentences!

Rudolf

Dark Shogun
I keep a very strict limit on my gold and weight. I dont strip the armor from the fallen opponents until after battle.

bulbaquil

...is not Sjadbek, he just runs him.
There is a "right" way to ascend it? I've always thought that it's glacier all around. xD

Yeah. It's on the east side of the island, meaning that if you're coming from Windhelm or Winterhold, you may not see it easily if you're beelining for the quest arrow.

I feel no shame in #3, though. I will not rest until I am reffered to by a title that occupys at least three sentcances!
Me and you both, fellow Dragonborn. Me and you both. Although you spelled "sentences" wrong. And "occupies". And "reffered." Hah, last one was a joke.

Alvendrem

Me and you both, fellow Dragonborn. Me and you both. Although you spelled "sentences" wrong. And "occupies". And "reffered." Hah, last one was a joke.

Whoops, Sorry about that, I have a tendancy to type what's on my mind, and worry about how cleanly it comes out later. I'll be editing that in a moment.

More relevant to the topic; remeber when I first started playing Skyrim, I would take everything I could grab from ruins, usually in the mindset that everything could be used to make something else. Funny story, I remember carrying around a roll of paper and a quill I found once, believing it was possible to make Scrolls.

Gorzash

Battle-Jaded Orc
We need a scroll-writing mod. Or at least one that allows you to use quills and inkwells to write in journals. That would be useful... You could make notes to yourself that you wouldn't normally be able to review in the Quest Journal.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
I have a problem with picking every plant I can and hoarding items, I'll be overloaded and spend 10 minutes going "Maybe if I drop this...well maybe not I could sell that perhaps" and I don't want to drop things and I don't sell a lot of things, I probably got Millions of septims worth of things in my chests but I just keep collecting

Daggertotheback

Article Writer
I tend to do something completely different. If a merchant starts complaining to me at a shop, I wait till they're asleep, break in, and steal everything that isn't bolted down. Then I have to figure out how to hide it when guards start running at me for a murder I commited a month ago.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts