First Skyrim Podcast released

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
As some of you might not know yet, Bethesda has its own podcast and recently released the first podcast for Skyrim. Listen to it here. It is about 15 minutes long and contains some interesting new information by Todd Howard and other developers :)

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
ahh that's pretty cool. I think I'll go dark and try to avoid more skyrim information before release from now on though. There's too much information and sometimes, I just want it to be a nice surprise in the game. That doesn't stop me from looking it up occasionally though

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
Yeah, seems like they are having fun at Bethesda which supports my impression that they are a great company to work at.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
Ahaha that may be so, but you gotta remember that working for a game company is hell. Sure, you're making great things that a lot of people appreciate but the modeling, programming, designing takes up all of your time. You're going to be living inside your workspace. Game industry has grown insanely and the work is very demanding. But as long as you have fun while you're doing it, I guess it's fine.

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
That is certainly true. Almost all dev diaries that I have watched over the year mentioned the many “overtime hours” which they had to make in order to finish the game and meet their deadlines. It seems that this can be pretty harsh on your relationships and so it’s not surprising that a lot of developers’ special thanks in the credits go to their families and partners who had to bear with this necessary neglect.

Jeruhmi

Very interesting listen, everyone should definitely listen to this! The developers shared a lot of insightful/cool things :)

Vimalamitra

Professional complainer
Thanks for sharing those. It's always interesting to listen how they came up with ideas and how they manage to put them to game.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts