• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
Hey guys I am stuck on the Winterhold college First Lessons quest. For some reason I cannot speak with tolfdir and the platform doesnt activate where the quest arrow is. I am on the xbox. Does anyone know how to fix this? I am about level 44 so I started late in coming I dont know if that will glitch it.

Onyx

You mean when you have to raise a Ward to protect yourself form his spell?

When I tried this, I could not move (as I was apparently standing on the place I was supposed to) but I have to try raising the word a few times before he shot a spell at me.

wisenordmatt

Hey guys I am stuck on the Winterhold college First Lessons quest. For some reason I cannot speak with tolfdir and the platform doesnt activate where the quest arrow is. I am on the xbox. Does anyone know how to fix this? I am about level 44 so I started late in coming I dont know if that will glitch it.

I had the same problem. I just killed everyone in the room then i got a message to talk to tolfdir (again). i had to pay 250 in fines, he gives you a talking to, and then its off to the nxt. quest... "under saarthal".

Speech500

You do not activate it. You should have lesser ward now, so go stand on the platform and use Lesser ward. When it is in use, he will shoot you and you should block it and he will progress to your next quest

gotbugs

Am also having this problem on xbox

Tolfdir will not cast the fireball at my ward... hes just standing there
been at it for almost 2 hours.

googled this issue and found alot of other people also having this issue.

I have tried everything suggested by other people, still nothing, dont want to create another character if this is just going to happen again.

Is there a way to fix this?

Cant be something i did to cause this, with so many other people having this problem.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Moved to help section and added xbox prefix.

I don't have an xbox so I don't know a way around this but hopefully some of our console folks can chime in.

gotbugs

Iv been searching google for the past 2 hour's looking for and testing everything anyone with a suggestion has posted to do with tolfdir and the first lesson lesser ward quest, for xbox.

And so far there is not 1 fix, there were a few posts about players killing everyone in the room and then toldfir reset's but that's the one thing i cannot test, and i would not expect that to be a fix either way.

Am close to giving up.

gotbugs

So many google pages about this bug, cant see how its not patch fixed yet.

there is even a wiki explaining about this bug

sigh

gotbugs

Ok just made a new character, made 100 gold, paid the guy to transport me to the place again.

ran up to the girl who asks me to cast a magic light to get into the magic school
walked around with the girl doing the tour
got up to the quest with the lesser ward....

and....

wait for it....

same thing... he wont cast the fireball...

and now i officially give up the game.
gbye

Drazker

Son of Sithis
Make sure you equip the ward given and you raise it. Only AFTER you do that does Tolfdir send the fireball at you.

Speech500

I did have a problem where i raised the ward and diddn't have enough mana when full to keep it up until he fired the firebolt, try levelling and investing in the ward

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
Am also having this problem on xbox

Tolfdir will not cast the fireball at my ward... hes just standing there
been at it for almost 2 hours.

googled this issue and found alot of other people also having this issue.

I have tried everything suggested by other people, still nothing, dont want to create another character if this is just going to happen again.

Is there a way to fix this?

Cant be something i did to cause this, with so many other people having this problem.

I really don't understand why it doesn't work, I've done that quest 5 times on my last 5 characters without any problems.
Do you play straight from the Disc or have you installed the game to your Hard Drive ?

Jisoto

I had the same problem before, he wouldnt shoot the fireball at my ward (Xbox too)

I fixed it by killing one of the students, then running to a guard and paying my bounty

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts