Finals: The Bane of College Students

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Hart

Sassmaster
Sadly, it was announced today that I am not able to use my book on my philosophy test. But the good news is that the entire test is going to be multiple choice. (Oh thank god)

But it is finals week, and thus it will probably be the death of me. Who else is dealing with finals at the moment? Or just a really plopsty week at work?

Nocte Aeterna

Sir Not-Appearing-in-This-Film
You know it's finals week when you're not actually reviewing the required material for your finals.

If you're anything like me, you just lay in bed and contemplate the purpose of your existence.

But then there was this one kid who kept pacing back in forth in the snow last year (it gets cold and snowy in November up here, sometimes earlier), and I pretty much sympathized with him. Finals changes people, I tell you.

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American
Pfft, Stags! You and I both know you'll be fine!

And yeah, work is gonna be a pain, but it's weekend now and I only have two weeks left, then I have my 2 weeks off :D

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
Funny thing is I am the opposite. I finally actually study when it finals. :p
So I kinda half ass my way, then have to stress finals because I half assed it.

Luck would have it, I have two finals this comin Monday (About a week earlier than my others) so I have an easier split of time.

scampi99

The most valuable thing that I learned in college didn't from the things the profs or books taught me. I learned that slow and steady wins the race. I got slammed on first semester finals as a freshman. So, I just did something kind of silly... I studied a little bit every day for the second semester. Instead of waiting to cram, like I did the previous semester, I just reviewed my notes for a few minutes every day. It worked.

rz3300

Oh I certainly remember those day. I remember cramming all night and just praying that they were over, but then always coming out thinking that they were never that bad. I did tend to take classes were less memory intensive though and were more open ended exams, so maybe that helped a little bit.

MarkOfDavison

I graduated in 2013, and finals were always hell, especially algebra. I tend to learn the material, ace the test, and forget the stuff. Then when finals rolled around, I looked at the paper like what is this stuff. I just did my best to get my grade high enough to survive the ding that finals delivered.

GreenEggsAndSam

They say that finals are to make sure you know the material, but I think they do it just to torture us. My finals were hard, never multiple choice, and I seemed to score about 20 points lower than my grade average.

Harc

Big Hog
High School finals are complete plops too, only the teachers are meaner and the material less interesting.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts