Final Fantasy VII Remake Announced, No Joke

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Peter Paltridge

Administrator
If you don't believe me, that's because you haven't been to any other website that reports any kind of news. Go ahead and look, I'll wait.

Back yet? Yeah, it's real; we're living in this world. Honestly, I still don't believe it either. After so many false rumors and promises, after so many cruel teasers like the PS3 tech demo and that one time Square made a trailer that started out looking like a remake but segued into the original game being ported to PS4.....after Square repeatedly, REPEATEDLY told reporters that this game couldn't be rendered in next-gen graphics because it would "take too long" (and I believed them, after they had difficulty building towns in FF13).....

It was announced tonight, at Sony's E3 conference. But Square punked us one last time by debuting a trailer before the FFVII one that showed a super-chibi Cloud running around, for a 2016 game titled "World of Final Fantasy." There had been rumors of a remake yesterday, and it was beginning to look like whoever spread that tale saw this game and misinterpreted it. Then the bomb dropped. Since the Final Fantasy VII remake showed no specific year, we can assume we'll be waiting even longer for that one. (Remember Kingdom Hearts III? Yeah.....)

Now come the questions. How faithful will the remake be to the original? Will we get to see every area in glorious, detailed Millennial Three-Dee or will something get cut? Will there be something new? Will I have to breed all those chocobos all over again? Will there be Project Morpheus support? How on Earth are they going to do the Don Corneo arc today without getting an M rating? How are they going to have Cid Highwind merely speak without getting an M rating?

We've got a long time to ponder these queries. But we'll have The Last Guardian to play in the meantime!

View the Post on the Blog

Harkin

Necromatic Mastermind

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts