• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Mannulus

Article Writer
I am unsure of which category to put this thread in, but after thinking about how people can learn from each other regarding their play style in combat, I found it fitting to be here in the end. I hope this can be used for people new to a certain combat style, such as warriors who never done Mage before and vice versa. It could also be used by the same type of people who may not of known such tricks/methods.

Use the format below to share your ways of battle! Do you have a method for quick killing? Perhaps a way to do a perfect stealth kill or maybe even how to deal with a group of foes? List it here. I will give an example as well to show you all what I mean. Don't use the parenthesis in your format, they are just in this to show you what I mean.

Format

Name of Method:
Combat Type (Warrior/Mage/Etc):
Offensive/Defense/Other (Is this way of battle offensive or defense?):
Weapon(s):
Description:
Notes (Perhaps certain items/enchants needed?):

Here is my first ;)

Name of Method: The Paralyzing Spear.
Type: Mage
Offensive/Defensive: Offensive
Weapon(s):
  • Paralyze
  • Ice Spear
Description: Primarily used to deal with melee foes or overly aggressive Mages, the Paralyzing Spear is a method I developed to deal with such attackers. Equip the Paralyze spell in your left hand and Ice Spear in the other. When a foe engages you (or you engage them), cast paralyze on them to have them fall over defenseless and finish them off with one or more (depending on difficulty and other variables) Ice Spears. I find this very effective in close quarters especially, such as in caves or in Falmer bases.

Notes: The more Magicka you have the better. If you lack Magicka, get some enchantments to decrease the cost of Destruction and Alteration as much as possible. If you can afford to do both (have large Magicka and low cost spells), then by all means go ahead.

Nocte Aeterna

Sir Not-Appearing-in-This-Film
Name of Method: Skull Bisection (or Brain Scrambler, for a more brusque term)
Combat Type (Warrior/Mage/Etc): Warrior/feminine fury, since it's Freyja's signature move.
Offensive/Defense/Other (Is this way of battle offensive or defense?): Most definitely offensive.
Weapon(s): Any battleaxe or warhammer. A greatsword works, but it's not quite as "majestic".
Description: Block + power bash + power attack, in one series.
Notes (Perhaps certain items/enchants needed?): No enchantments required, but Fire Damage makes it a lot funnier.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts