Features that you would like to see in Skyrim

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
In this thread you can name everything that you are expecting from the game and which you would like to see implemented.

In my case there are a couple of things that I can remember off the top of my head:
  • the ability to interrupt animations as in “you can stop a finisher if there are too many enemies around that might otherwise attack you”
  • some sort of spell for transportation (be that levitation or teleportation)
  • visible legs and torso in the First Person mode!!
  • meaningful professions that are more than just a petty minigame to kill some time (like in WoW for instance)

How about you guys?

Dragons you can fly

More talk abot nirn(the planet TES is based on)

The grey cowl

Change your race in game (Evan on ps3 and xbox)

Have your own wizards tower

Enchant things like skulls and tongs

Easier horse riding

Cheaper houses or one as soon as you start of

Good glitches :p

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
Living economy (every merchant has limited amount of coins and it changes from time to time)

Road for everyone (while you walk, you may see a traveling merchant, traveler, adventurer, wanderer, etc)

More weapons (spears, crossbows... this won't happen though. ah, the mod save us)

well, I guess that's about it. Skyrim already has a lot of the stuff I want.

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
One feature that I would love to see in almost all games, gore, seems to be included since we’ve been now shown that there will be decapitations. fluff yeah!

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
One feature that I would love to see in almost all games, gore, seems to be included since we’ve been now shown that there will be decapitations. fluff yeah!
Yeah, I'm glad they are bring gore into TES. Judging by the decapitation animation shown on the video, it's obviously inspired by Fallout (AGAIN!). But It's probably nothing as gory as Fallout though. TES would be going for more realistic gore approach unlike in fallout where you can have your enemy explode in all directions from a pistol bullet. Nonetheless, the kill would be more satisfying.

Jeruhmi

Yeah, I'm glad they are bring gore into TES. Judging by the decapitation animation shown on the video, it's obviously inspired by Fallout (AGAIN!). But It's probably nothing as gory as Fallout though. TES would be going for more realistic gore approach unlike in fallout where you can have your enemy explode in all directions from a pistol bullet. Nonetheless, the kill would be more satisfying.
Haha, yeah, I remember in Fallout how it would go in slow motion from that VAT or whatever it was called, and explode EVERYWHERE... just from a bullet :p
I hope Skyrim has gore, but just not as much as Fallout, as you said.

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
Fallout parodied it and wasn’t really serious in the depiction of violence. Skyrim hopefully is.

Cole

Mythik
In this thread you can name everything that you are expecting from the game and which you would like to see implemented.

In my case there are a couple of things that I can remember off the top of my head:
  • the ability to interrupt animations as in “you can stop a finisher if there are too many enemies around that might otherwise attack you”
  • some sort of spell for transportation (be that levitation or teleportation)
  • visible legs and torso in the First Person mode!!
  • meaningful professions that are more than just a petty minigame to kill some time (like in WoW for instance)
How about you guys?
Mainly all I want is to have a docile faction of dragons somewhere in the game, and the ability to have a baby dragon hatch for you, and you can raise it. xD
I love my dragons

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
Gotta catch ’em all, gotta catch ’em all!

Wait, sorry about that, I just had a Pokémon flashback, I get those sometimes :p Hatching dragons sounds like it could work out as a feature if done properly. But given how big the world is I am not sure if this isn’t too much. We’re already going to spend way too many hours in Skyrim as it is ;>

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
I second that.

But have them be difficult spells so that only advanced magic users can employ them. Not every lowly, boneheaded warrior should be able to levitate let alone teleport :p

Cole

Mythik
Levitation I understand, but Mark and Recall is just transportation?
How did it work exactly?

Sheogorath

Cheese for everyone.
You would stand anywhere and cast Mark, then later when u wanted to go back to that spot just cast recall.

Cole

Mythik
Oh, so it is like the portals you can use in Torchlight? That would be a very helpful spell to have, I want. x]

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
As far as I know their concern was that it could ruin or even break scripted moments since you always could escape a gamer simply by using that spell. For example (Oblivion spoilers ahead, mark to read):

In the last “Dark Brotherhood” quest where you visit the Night Mother you could just use that spell to escape the danger but then you had no possibility of returning again and the quest would be broken.

(spoiler end)

Personally, I think there are ways of working around that but meh, in the end it’s Bethesda’s decision if they don’t feel competent enough to implement it properly :/

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts