• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Asiaxfani

I'm sure this is a topic discussed before, but nonetheless I'm curious. What quests in Skyrim have been the most memorable to you? Or maybe not even quests, but just events you've encountered? There might naturally be some spoilers here.

My personal favorite so far has been Lost to the Ages. There was so much atmosphere in that one. I'm a keen treasure hunter myself, and the thought of a long-lost Atherium forge really got me invested.

Another one I did enjoy very much was the Goldenglow Estate job for the Thieves Guild. I was still quite low on levels when I first did it, so when I managed to infiltrate the place without raising an alarm once, I really felt like a thief for the very first time.

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
So many good ones so I'll give you a few:

Main Quest - 'Dragon Rising'. Killing the dragon at the Western Watchtower. On hard difficulties, this mission is epic. I love working with the Guards and the Dunmer Housecarl to kill the first dragon in over a millenium.

Dark Brotherhood - 'Breaching Security'. Stealing the timetable, tracking the target, waiting for the chance to strike than killing him swiftly and silently. I loved killing that imperial guard. An honourable mention to 'A cure for Madness' ohhh Cicero :p

Thieves Guild - 'Darkness Returns'. The Pilgrims Path was unique and pretty cool I thought, even if I had to give back the Skeleton Key.

Dawnguard - 'Kindred Judgement' I loved killing Harkon (even though I really like him) and storming the opposite factions base with your allies is cool to. There are so many DG quests I love though like collecting the dwemer diagrams of crossbows.

Civil War - The battle for Whitrun/Solitude/Windhelm were awesome

I could go on... and I may do later :D

Chadonraz

The first time I did "Lost to the Ages" was truly epic. I really liked how I didn't get map markers for the pieces until I was more or less at the ruins :)
(Un)fortunately I knew the land so well that finding the ruins was a piece of cake. The one near Windhelm (Ralsomething) was a tough one to clear.
Both Arkngthamz and the Forge itself were incredibly amazing. Aaand the final fights were definitely memorable.

But enough about that quest. :D
The one quest I can never not do is "Blessings of Nature". While I don't particularly like fighting that damn Hagraven, let alone those Spriggans, the eventual "reward" is more than worth it. It alone makes the quest a favourite of mine.

In the Falskaar add-on/mod (definitely more like an unofficial DLC than mod) I stumbled upon a quest that is very similar to finding the Aetherium shards. Problem is, I don't know that land anywhere well enough, so I've no idea where to find the required items. And that has already made the quest a favourite of mine, even though I have no idea what would come next.
The Skyrim base game (without any DLC) doesn't have a single "scavenger hunt" quest (IIRC), which is a shame. I really enjoy that kind of quests. Not having quest markers showing exactly where to go is much more fun than following a white pointer on the map/compass.

Other favourite quests include both of the Potema quests, "Missing in Action" (who doesn't like killing Thalmor? :p) and the "quest" that is finding all the required items for building a house. :D

Asiaxfani

Oh yes, I completely forgot about the Blessings of Nature! I agree, that is a really really good one. That quest is the main reason I prefer not to pick sides in the Civil war; I can't stand the damage that gets done to the area of Gildergleam in the Battle for Whiterun. I prefer to revive the tree and let the area untouched. I love that place.

Tryn

Premium Member
"Forbidden Legend" - The one in which one reassembles Gauldor's Amulet. It's just a lot of fun battling the endless bad guys. However -- and I found this is fun too -- if you have a follower as good a Serena and things get too crazy go jump up on the alter and fight from there. Eventually you'll get blown up and over the force shield that separates you from the upper area where the three brothers are standing. I forget how I dealt with my first character (as nothing penetrates the shield) but with my second character I just stood there and waited for Serena to kill everyone. It really didn't take as long as I thought it would.

Perkless in Skyrim

Bad to the Dragonbone.
Surprisingly, Unbound. Yes, the very first tutorial quest. I never seem to get tired of it in spite of the number of times I've seen it. Watching Alduin land right before the headsman's axe is about to come down is a pinnacle moment I enjoy reliving with each new character. Even though the quest itself is old hat by now, I like to try going through it with the fresh eyes of my new adventurer.

I've been out of the Skyrim loop for a while so I'm finding it difficult to remember much about the other quests. There's this one ghost who was a dual wielding pain in my ass but I can't remember his name or the quest associated with him. He may have just been a random dungeon.

Diplomatic Immunity was good, especially just listening to Razelan's distraction.

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
Surprisingly, Unbound.

I was wondering how long it would take before some1 would mention it. I to like this mission.

Bit of trivia: In the 1st tower you run to after escaping the headsmans axe, when Alduin breathes through the wall up the top, his fire breath is supposedly scripted not to hurt you. However I played on legendary and got killed by standing in it less than 2seconds. I was shocked and had to re-create my character!

Perkless in Skyrim

Bad to the Dragonbone.
Surprisingly, Unbound.

I was wondering how long it would take before some1 would mention it. I to like this mission.

Bit of trivia: In the 1st tower you run to after escaping the headsmans axe, when Alduin breathes through the wall up the top, his fire breath is supposedly scripted not to hurt you. However I played on legendary and got killed by standing in it less than 2seconds. I was shocked and had to re-create my character!

I didn't die from it but I had a character get burned and since then I run up the stairs and immediately back off when he busts through the wall. If it is supposed to be for dramatic effect only I'm kinda glad it's not. More realistic this way.

Gigapact

Lollygagging Milk Drinker (according to guards)
I'm sure this is a topic discussed before, but nonetheless I'm curious. What quests in Skyrim have been the most memorable to you? Or maybe not even quests, but just events you've encountered? There might naturally be some spoilers here.

My personal favorite so far has been Lost to the Ages. There was so much atmosphere in that one. I'm a keen treasure hunter myself, and the thought of a long-lost Atherium forge really got me invested.

Another one I did enjoy very much was the Goldenglow Estate job for the Thieves Guild. I was still quite low on levels when I first did it, so when I managed to infiltrate the place without raising an alarm once, I really felt like a thief for the very first time.

1. Pretty much all of the Daedric quests.
2. Met by Moonlight
3. Blood on Thin Ice (in Widhelm, I think that's what it's called)
4. Lost to the Ages
5. The Forbidden Legend (I have no idea if it's called this, it's the one where you have to fight 3 dead people to forge an amulet)
6. The last few quests in the DB
7. The Forsworn Consipracy

Those are the ones that stood out for me pretty much. Oh! And the quests involving Potema from Solitude.

Rimfaxe96

1. Diplomatic Immunity.
2. Book of Love
3. A Daedra's Best Friend (I think that was how it was called, the one with that stray dog.)

And pretty much every little sidequest that involves some personal stuff with the NPCs. Skyrim isn't the most organic game (although I bet you it would have been far better off without the rush to the releae date) so I enjoy those the most.

AS88

Staff member
There's this one ghost who was a dual wielding pain in my ass but I can't remember his name or the quest associated with him. He may have just been a random dungeon.

Knevel the Tongue - Silenced Tongues. His weapons (ancient sword and war axe) are called Okin and Eduj, and his crypt is called Volunruud, north west of Whiterun. It's also where you first meet Armaund Motierre (sp?) in the Dark Brotherhood questline.

I've played this game way too much. :p

I don't think I could pick one, it often depends on how the quest fits my character and how the decisions they make relate to what's happened or what's about to come next. I especially like quests that have a hidden meaning or story to them, or something extra that people don't notice. The end of the Thieves Guild questline when the player meets Nocturnal was met with players wanting her robes and saying how attractive she is, but if you read Song of Hrormir (a copy is in the Jorvasskr main room) you'll read that this image of her is a result of some sort of cloak or hood, and she's actually an ugly old hag. That book also strikes similarities with the Pilgrim's Path, with regards to light and darkness. Strange that the book increases the two-handed weapon skill.

I do enjoy the TG, DB, MQ, Forsworn Conspiracy, the one that sends you into Blackreach (Discerning the Transmundane?), etc :p

Twiffle

I think that all of the above quests mentioned are all epic in there own way, and i just couldnt pick my favourite from any of those either, , however i havnt done Dawnguard fully as it keeps crashing.

But there is one i just love doing on every playthrough, , its extremely simple but IMO has a great passive reward and that one is ''The Book of Love'' i just like its simplicity, and its even better if you dont fast travel, , i once left Riften to go to Markarth and left at level 9 arrived level 21 and sooo many adventures, loot and experience, all in the name of Love, ,, ,, ,, :D<3

shane305

The first time I did "Lost to the Ages" was truly epic. I really liked how I didn't get map markers for the pieces until I was more or less at the ruins :)
(Un)fortunately I knew the land so well that finding the ruins was a piece of cake. The one near Windhelm (Ralsomething) was a tough one to clear.
Both Arkngthamz and the Forge itself were incredibly amazing. Aaand the final fights were definitely memorable.

But enough about that quest. :D
The one quest I can never not do is "Blessings of Nature". While I don't particularly like fighting that damn Hagraven, let alone those Spriggans, the eventual "reward" is more than worth it. It alone makes the quest a favourite of mine.

In the Falskaar add-on/mod (definitely more like an unofficial DLC than mod) I stumbled upon a quest that is very similar to finding the Aetherium shards. Problem is, I don't know that land anywhere well enough, so I've no idea where to find the required items. And that has already made the quest a favourite of mine, even though I have no idea what would come next.
The Skyrim base game (without any DLC) doesn't have a single "scavenger hunt" quest (IIRC), which is a shame. I really enjoy that kind of quests. Not having quest markers showing exactly where to go is much more fun than following a white pointer on the map/compass.

Other favourite quests include both of the Potema quests, "Missing in Action" (who doesn't like killing Thalmor? :p) and the "quest" that is finding all the required items for building a house. :D
I'm new to this forum, an I enjoy skyrim, I ran into a problem in doing the lost to the ages quest an I did the 5 locks in order an it said claim it prize or something like that, but the doors didn't open, did I do something wrong or is it just a glitch in the game, please help, thank u in advance

alceryes

@shane305, do you mean the tonal lock?
If so the doors are to either side. The center door only open when you get it wrong. It lets out a centurion, I believe.

Edit - To continue the thread's theme, I like all the quests that take me to Blackreach, 'Discerning the Transmundane' and the story behind 'A Return To Your Roots' are both very cool as well as the elder scroll quests that take you through here.

shane305

@shane305, do you mean the tonal lock?
If so the doors are to either side. The center door only open when you get it wrong. It lets out a centurion, I believe.

Edit - To continue the thread's theme, I like all the quests that take me to Blackreach, 'Discerning the Transmundane' and the story behind 'A Return To Your Roots' are both very cool as well as the elder scroll quests that take you through here.
Yes I got the lock in done in the proper order. An the ghost lady ran to the door on the left an it words came up on the top of mr screen that said claim ur prize, but the doors didn't open

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts