• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

What is your play style

• Total voters

Necromis

I have tried all 3 of the above and I always gravitate back to the sneak play through. I guess it is more to my style. I have played 3, including my current, sneaks. First was a Kitty, no magic, just some bow and dual wield daggers, razor and woe. Second was fun, it was a Breton, mystic archer assassin, she used conjured mystic bow, and rarely daggers, 2 blades of woe, pickpocketed the first one. My current play through of sneak is by far my hardest challenge so far. He is an Imperial rogue. He uses no armour, just regular clothes, though I will probably enchant them later, dual wielding daggers, with illusion. He is mainly a thief, and will be avoiding any combat he can. Just started him last night. Snuck by all the undead in bleak falls and the bandits outside on the ledge leading in. Used fury to limit me down to one bandit to kill inside, and had to fight 3 durgar and the main boss, couldn't sneak past those.

Mage, I have tried twice, one was gimped I think, just was getting my ass handed to me too often, second was doing ok, surviving, but found higher level and AOE spells really sucked and I just wasn't having a good time so I dropped that run through half way, right after the college quests and half way thru the imperial side of the cival war, was playing High Elf Thalmor type character.

Warrior, I have a play through going right now, that is saved, it is a kitty dual wield in heavy armour. Not a bad play through but I have the wrong follower, Lydia. I need to get a bow person, or give her a staff that does lightening or something. No use us both rushing in to battle, need someone sniping.

So to sumarize, I love the sneak play through, hate the mage, and warrior is ok. LOL

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
I voted Mage. In nearly every RPG game, it's my archetype of choice.

I have played all three that you've listed, currently on the Warrior path, it's probably the least enjoyable for me. Each character type, I've stayed within the typical archetype for their class, no heavily-armored Mage for me. I don't typically make do-it-all characters.

1. Altmer Pure Mage (Zero Armor, College of Winterhold, Companions, StormCloak, Main Quest)
2. Khajiit Thief/Assassin (Thieves Guild, Dark Brotherhood, Imperial, Main Quest)
3. Bosmer Pure Archer ("Natural" Armors Only, Bow Only, 3 Perk Tree Restriction, Incomplete Main Quest)
4. Redguard Warrior (1H/Shield, Heavy Armor, StormCloak, Main Quest)

I don't powerlevel skills, so I typically end the Main Quest around level 4x-5x. My Redguard is currently level 20, he's further along the Main Quest at an earlier stage than my other playthroughs.

It's been my experience that the entire Skyrim campaign is best geared from the Sneak/Assassin perspective.

M'aiqaelF

Male, 32 years old, Denver area, CO
I really like my Breton mage....he pretty much is death incarnate to his enemies!

Zoa Two Tails

Cloak and Dagger Artist
Khajiit Assassin thief enchanter smith and block with spellbreaker
best character ive made so far but a clothed assassin might be fun.

Necromis

clothed is rough, at least at lower levels, especially with only daggers, no bow/missle. That spider in bleak falls almost got me one time, though I got away, snuck back and dual wield power sneak attacked and that did it.

Zoa Two Tails

Cloak and Dagger Artist
Yeah Id train on random things before I did much questing.
Something else that might be fun is a clothed unarmed character.

Whitty

>.> You Sound like one of those bandits... lol I eat those for Lunch and Dinner muhahahahaha!!!

ok, i'll reiterate that for ya, I'm a redguard sniper that likes to brawl, fornicate with my wife (ysolda), kill anything evil, look out for the people of skyrim as protector and kill anyone that gets too cocky hehe, oh yeh and not grass on my peeps, like the college, thats why i killed that paratus decimius cause he was gonna grass, he felt the cold blade of my daedric sword in his spine, nobody threatens my friends lol

Necromis

Your just the kinda person my current thief loves to steal from and my assasin loves to leave bleeding out their life in the alley. :cool:

Su8tle

The Shadow of Elsweyr
Khajiit assassin/thief, considering dabbling in illusion soon so that will basically make me a rogue.

It's all in my signature really.

Oren74

Sword and board Paladin/Restoration Merchant, no crafting.

Very little housekeeping, very litle pausing combat to switch spells/gear.

More time adventuring.

Race? Prefer Nord...currently rolling with an Imperial just to try something new.

Mytheos

Breton

heavy destruction magic
almost maxed heavy armor
almost maxed enchanting
almost maxed two handed
minor alteration for magic resistance

I approach combat with an explosion set up from afar, my destruction magic is almost free to cast and within a few more levels it will be. I thin out the weaklings and whatever survives has been weakened. By the time something has reached me my Nord hero greatsword (soon to be an ebony battleaxe) meets their neck in an execution styled cutscene.

If I get in over my head my decently smithed iron armor( soon to be dragon plate armor, because I am very picky on the way my armor looks) backs me up, providing me with the defense I need to keep swinging back.

I'm terrible at blocking, but my near 85 percent magic resistance cap is a trade off.

I aim to fuse the warrior and the mage into one unstoppable force of blade and flame.

I picked two handed weapons to be more efficient in using the Xbox 360's shortcut system. One tap to the left and I draw a fearsome greatest, two taps to the right and I'm dualcasting a fireball ready to explode at the feet of my foes. I've remade my character over and over so I get things perfect.

I play on expert, because master can just make you rage. And adept is boring. My character build goes through awkward phases where when I ignore through warrior side of me the or material I suffer. I've ascended into the level 30 range and every day I come into my own a little more.

I play a Mageblade.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997R using Tapatalk

Wolfchant

i prefer thief/assassin, but mixed with warrior at the same time, cause if i can't destroy them at range, i'm certainly going to impale them several times with a giant sword

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts