• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

kossco

I would like to know what people considered to be their favorite Oblivion race. My personal favorite class was the RedGuard just from their different perks. I still play Oblivion and have not tried all of the Races. I would like to start a new file as a sort of celebration of Skyrim and would like some help in choosing a race.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
I like the beast race just because they are different from everyone else. But all races look pretty awesome in Skyrim this time around.

kossco

I'm so glad everybody choose Redguard! Obviously its the most popular race out there right after the Elfs. Guess I choose a race that isn't considered very good in the game.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
I'm so glad everybody choose Redguard! Obviously its the most popular race out there right after the Elfs. Guess I choose a race that isn't considered very good in the game.
Nah. Redguards are pretty awesome in the lore. They are adventure-loving brave warrior people. My guess is that people don't really root for human race in the game because it's like vanilla for ice cream flavor. It's still good but there's other races that feel unique.

kossco

That's a good point. I guess I just enjoyed being vanilla in that game. Maybe i'll go try chocolate and be the Elven races.

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
There is something about the Argonians that I really like. Perhaps their ability to breathe under water and their poison/disease resistance? Their exotic looks? I’m not sure what exactly it is but they are my number one, I guess. The Nord with their stoicism are the race I like the second most.

kossco

I agree that the Argonians had great perks to resist most of what nature threw at you in the game. I personally could never be Argonians just from the fact that there lizards. I don't know but playing as a lizard just seems creepy to me and out of place. I must say though swimming underwater so early in the game was pretty sick.

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
Did you happen to play the game primarily from the Third Person perspective? In that case I could understand your reluctance a lot. I for one stayed in the First Person for the most part and so it made almost difference for me what race I chose.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
I dunno. I like the looks of the Argonians and Khajiit. It's so weird that people are weirded out by them. I guess I'm more drawn to different things rather than vanilla human race and chocolate elf race.

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
I guess I'm more drawn to different things rather than vanilla human race and chocolate elf race.
We would have never guessed *looks at your avatar* ;)

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
I didn’t mean to imply that you are a furry ;>

Jeruhmi

I didn't choose redguard :p
Maybe it's because I never played as one of them. Oh well, my loss.

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
One can't enjoy a bit of anthropomorphism without being called a furfag in the internet. *sigh*
Oddly enough this term is usually only reserved for males who are into that kind of thing. I mean the term already indicates that but it’s weird nevertheless that it seems to be more accepted in females.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
don't see why you would consider such term gender oriented... I mean, on the internet, you can just assume everyone is male if not specified but still.

nonetheless, I think it's sad how some people reject Khajiit and Argonians for that reason. Either because they are afraid of being accused of furry or because they hate furry fandom. anthropomorphism has always been part of human culture and yet people (or at least in internet) forget that and turn their heads toward an extreme sample of group which REALLY love anthropomorphism and sneer at them with disgusted looks.

well, at least the beast races are still pretty popular among TES fans

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts