• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

How much do you like Solstheim?

• I love it!

Votes: 17 53.1%
  • I like it a lot.

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • It's okay.

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • I don't really like it.

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • I hate it.

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters

Naginata

Huntress of the Shadows
Let's get some Dragonborn conversation up in here!

What is your favorite place on Solstheim? I know it's a little obvious, but I love Raven Rock. I haven't explored Solstheim fully yet, but I do love its locations. I like Horker Island. :D

ALSO: WHY do you like Solstheim, or dislike it? I love Solstheim because it doesn't ever get REALLY dark, it's secluded, it's mysterious, and it has a Silt Strider. :3 BUT, I dislike it a little because the ash gets depressing and the lack of color is dull. But, Silt Striders doe. :eek:

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
SOLSTEHIM!! much better then that landmass over there called Skyrim, I like the giant mushroom house with the crazy elf

Irish

Thane of Solitude
I absolutely love Skaal Village and it's one of my favorite places in the whole game, not just Solstheim. I love how simple their lifestyle is and how seemingly close-knit they are.

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
I absolutely love Skaal Village and it's one of my favorite places in the whole game, not just Solstheim. I love how simple their lifestyle is and how seemingly close-knit they are.
At least the Skall are the only Nords I like.

Naginata

Huntress of the Shadows

You're absolutely right, I love how they are a self-sufficient village and how they all have their own roles in the town. I like the little shack of meats and stuff in the center of town, it makes it feel more realistic. Also, I like how their village is laid out in a circular arrangement and it's easy to navigate. :) HOWEVER, I feel like the village doesn't have a lot of attraction, aside from the blacksmith.

Rimfaxe96

Hm, something between Raven Rock or Tel Mithryn. But I like both much more than the Skaal village. Admittedly, I haven't played any other TES game than Skyrim so I was pretty curious about an Elven hold and Neloth's commentary and experiment sidequests make my day. :)

Also lmao'd when one of the new soundtracks appeared, it just sounded so genuinely "funny" or happier compared to those from Skyrim or Dawnguard. And the very first time I met one of the guards at Raven Rock and he just sneered something like "Never seen a Redoran guard before?"
Probably the best moment in that game so far, as if he really reacted to me. Awesome. :D

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
Fort Frostmoth because it`s loaded with respawning goodies including 2 boss chests although the boss himself only appears one time

Do the albino pods happen to respawn in there?

Adam Warlock

Fort Frostmoth because it`s loaded with respawning goodies including 2 boss chests although the boss himself only appears one time

I think the geode deposits respawn in that section but not the pods .
As I recall , that`s the reason I don`t take that left turn anymore since I have loads of gems.

LotusEater

I think the geode deposits respawn in that section but not the pods .
As I recall , that`s the reason I don`t take that left turn anymore since I have loads of gems.

I didn't think they did. They don't respawn anywhere else except for one stupid pod on a hill that is barely worth the trouble. I was hoping maybe I overlooked an exception in Frostmoth as I rarely go back there unless I want some cheese... at least I think that is the place that has the stack of cheese wheels... I get Frostmoth and Highpoint mixed up sometimes.

LuChao

The Martial artist
my fav place is where you get the greatsword that shoots energy beams I can never remember the name for the life of me

Writes-Many-Posts

Champion of Grottos and Gremlins
I really like the horker island. Love to read that poor fellow's journal, slay the carnivorus walruses, leave the place packed with tusks and a badass mace with a very originial enchantment, beaten by little weapons (Wabbajack's one of them) and then hunt netch nearby. Both Netch and Horkers are part of my favorite game, because they fight back and look really cute, even while they battle.

Naginata

Huntress of the Shadows
my fav place is where you get the greatsword that shoots energy beams I can never remember the name for the life of me

The place is Raven Rock Mine, and the weapon is the Bloodskaal Blade :) Pretty cool sword!

Lucid

The place is Raven Rock Mine, and the weapon is the Bloodskaal Blade :) Pretty cool sword!

I don't usually play 2H weilders, so I've never used the Bloodskal sword beyond solving the puzzle to open the door. Is it really that great? Maybe I should grab Erik or one of the Companion twins for a little bit and let them carry it.

BUT, I dislike it a little because the ash gets depressing and the lack of color is dull.

I don't think the lack of color on Solstheim is any worse than the ubiquitous shades of grey in most of Skyrim.

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary
The mushroom tower is awesome and raven rock is nice i love the mead hall where those creatures are too

LotusEater

My favourite outside location (so far) is Tel Mithryn. Its just so unique and the 1st time I seen it I was amazed!

My fav interior is actually the pc's house. Its such an awesome house and has everything you'll ever need right there! For Free :D I was so stoked!

I've mentioned this many times before but if you follow the seams in the wall down to the base, you will notice a perfect little spot to lay torches. They light the home up very nicely. They take that dank, damp feel and warm it up big time. I normally have at least 12-15 going in there at all times.

You can even lay a torch on the ledge along each side of the stairwell on the top floor and they will stay put. Sometimes I'll lay a torch on the floor and put some frost or fire salts in front of it so it looks like a little flaming urn. :)

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
My favourite outside location (so far) is Tel Mithryn. Its just so unique and the 1st time I seen it I was amazed!

My fav interior is actually the pc's house. Its such an awesome house and has everything you'll ever need right there! For Free :D I was so stoked!

I've mentioned this many times before but if you follow the seams in the wall down to the base, you will notice a perfect little spot to lay torches. They light the home up very nicely. They take that dank, damp feel and warm it up big time. I normally have at least 12-15 going in there at all times.

You can even lay a torch on the ledge along each side of the stairwell on the top floor and they will stay put. Sometimes I'll lay a torch on the floor and put some frost or fire salts in front of it so it looks like a little flaming urn. :)

Do the torches go out after certain amount of time burning? They are some really awesome pointers! I will definitely experiment with that now. I take it you like this home as well!?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts