• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Zanarkand

Premium Member
Vilkas... Always been a sucker for accents, especially his. Kinda got attached to him during the Companions quests... and hes a werewolf. I just couldn't resist. He is a sweetie pie, always glad to see you and to cook for you... And he doesnt get jealous when I have Calder following me around. ;P Sadly him and my girl are always in Lakeview Manor (which I can't even get into anymore, the game freezes and I have to turn it off) . Just a tad annoying.
Gonna start a new character soon and do a little more man-hunting then. Tehe.

Exactly why I like Vilkas. :) This part is a little off-topic, but have you tried removing the work benches in all of the rooms in Lakeview Manor? It's the only thing that stopped my freezing problem in Windstad Manor. I thought I'd mention it just in case, though I'm sure it's been noted elsewhere.

sticky runes

Guys I've married:

Marcurio: Married to my wood elf warrior maiden. Good follower, as he rarely gets in the way, and uses magic from a safe distance. Sounds quite smitten everytime he chats to me in my home.

Farkas: Married to my redguard warrior. HOT!! A bit dense as a follower, but I like 'em big and dumb, and you have to actually go through quite a lot of effort to marry, so it gives you a chance to actually form a relationship. And I reckon he had the hots for me when he first laid eyes on me!

Vorstag: Married to my Khajit thief. Sexy accent, but he could perhaps cheer up a bit.

Agrinor Once Honoured: I married to him to see if I could make him a follower and improve his lifestyle, but no he continues to dress as a begger and does not become a follower, even though he carries a mace around with him. I reloaded to before I married him, because I don't want a smelly lazy husband. Bad choice.

Derkeethus: I heard good things about him, so decided to marry him to my Argonian sorceress. Turns out his mines are important to him than me, so fluff him. i reloaded.

Belrand: He ended up being the final choice for my Argonian sorceress. A couple of mages travelling together seems quite nice to me. And he's quite versatile, he doesn't always pick the strongest armour, he often chooses equipment with the best enchantments. and he loves his familiars!!!

Stenvar: I married him to my dark elf barbarian. He loves gold, food, drinking and picking fights with bandits. we get along like a house on fire! He's a louzy archer though, bless him, but he kicks ass with two handed weapons. Love his big manly chin.

99Problems

And a dragon ain't one.
Exactly why I like Vilkas. :) This part is a little off-topic, but have you tried removing the work benches in all of the rooms in Lakeview Manor? It's the only thing that stopped my freezing problem in Windstad Manor. I thought I'd mention it just in case, though I'm sure it's been noted elsewhere.
I actually just got it fixed today, caught Vilkas outside and had him and my kid move to my other house and *poof!* all fixed. :D now hopefully my other house won't freeze up. Thanks though!

Saozig

Hippy
Well, my Dark Elf is finally happy it seems. She went back to that schmuck Sadri to break it to him that their marriage was long over (having reloaded to before they were married to when they were just "engaged") and he still couldn't get a clue. Kept telling Tareth that she needed to be off arranging their wedding. So I saved the game there and let Tareth kill him with her fists, reloaded, let her kill him again with her swords, and then reloaded again. THEN at last he finally stopped trying to tell her what she needed to be doing and let her go.

I decided I kind of like Romlyn Dreth at the Black-Briar meadery, so I had Tareth run over the Riften and chat him up and they were married the next day. And he's actually nice husband and seems to genuinely care for Tareth. And unlike Sadri the smooch, he set up shop when he moved in with Tareth and is happy to cook for her. So all is well now.

Docta Corvina

Well, my Dark Elf is finally happy it seems. She went back to that schmuck Sadri to break it to him that their marriage was long over (having reloaded to before they were married to when they were just "engaged") and he still couldn't get a clue. Kept telling Tareth that she needed to be off arranging their wedding. So I saved the game there and let Tareth kill him with her fists, reloaded, let her kill him again with her swords, and then reloaded again. THEN at last he finally stopped trying to tell her what she needed to be doing and let her go.

I decided I kind of like Romyn Dreth at the Black-Briar meadery, so I had Tareth run over the Riften and chat him up and they were married the next day. And he's actually nice husband and seems to genuinely care for Tareth. And unlike Sadri the smooch, he set up shop when he moved in with Tareth and is happy to cook for her. So all is well now.

So nice when the marriages work out awesomely in the end. :p

Saozig

Hippy
Agrinor Once Honoured: I married to him to see if I could make him a follower and improve his lifestyle, but no he continues to dress as a begger and does not become a follower, even though he carries a mace around with him. I reloaded to before I married him, because I don't want a smelly lazy husband. Bad choice.

I had wondered if he changed at all if you married him. Oh well.

Speaking of beggars, Brenuin showed up for my wood elf Eiron's and Macrurio's wedding. I guess we know now who's really Brenuin's favorite drinking buddy! :p

rynn

Sorry to be reviving this thread after more than a month of inactivity but why is Argis getting no love :sadface: he's soooo hot!

While he's not the chattiest (I actually don't mind, he does call you love and my dear) but he's got one of the best voice actors, he's always up for a fight and will barge into any fights to protect you.

See what I mean?
tumblr_lxy39pqOer1qe9wc8o1_500.png

Saozig

Hippy
I like Argis--he and Jordis are my favorites of the standard Housecarls. I just tend to shy away from Housecarls for spouses in general. I hate that that usually means Argis is stuck at Vindrel Hall, where I rarely get the see him.

sticky runes

Argis is hot, but the reason I don't marry him is because Vindrel Hall usually becomes my main home, and I like to move my spouse there so I get to live with two hotties! ;)

As for the voice actor, well Farkas, Stenvar, Benor and Balimund all have exactly the same voice so we're not exactly limited to just Argis when it comes to waking up to that gruff voice! :D

Cazimir

I've married Marcurio before and liked it, even if he does get a little less chatty. Vorstag was the choice for my Altmer mage lady, but I can barely recall how he acted since that was back when I had no choice but to play on Xbox.

Right now I'm torn between altering one of my custom followers to be marriageable or downloading a mod so my thiefly lady can marry Brynjolf.

Cazimir

Well, Brynjolf is not an option. I downloaded a mod to marry him, but his spouse dialogue sounds so disjointed that it'll bother me. I think my thief might remain single and continue roaming around with Erik.

I decided I kind of like Romlyn Dreth at the Black-Briar meadery, so I had Tareth run over the Riften and chat him up and they were married the next day. And he's actually nice husband and seems to genuinely care for Tareth. And unlike Sadri the smooch, he set up shop when he moved in with Tareth and is happy to cook for her. So all is well now.
I know this thread is pretty old, but I had to. Glad to see someone else likes Romlyn xD

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
I married Balimund with my first character (my second has a wife) and we moved into Vlindrel Hall with the Housecarl Argis, who incidentally sounds exactly like Balimund. I was in heaven. Personally I think Balimund/Argis have the sexiest voice in the game and as I already had a solid follower in Mjoll I just wanted something wonderful to come home to. And it was wonderful, right up until that companions quest where the two let a bear into my house....
A bear?!? Well, I suppose it's better than a sabrecat. At least the bear will ignore you 1/2 the time.

Willow

I married Vilkas. It's convenient to have an at home supply store and a new source of money but I really wish his character didn't change so much afterwards. He's like a zombie in love or something, it's kinda creepy. Sometimes I like to ask him for Companions work and then ask him again, just so I can hear him say, "I already gave you a job, now get to it", in that hateful voice we all know and love.

They should really work on the marriage dialogue/add more options for males to marry. Beggars? Really Bethesda?!

Khasrin

Fusozayiit
Definitely Onmund. He's charming in a geeky, snarky sort of way. Besides, any man who can shock bandits to death with one hand and raise them from the dead with the other, then makes me dinner...I have to ask him to marry me by default. <3

Argis the Bulwark, Vorstag, Vilkas, and Athis are decent husbands too. Athis is probably my second favorite. I love his attitude (problem) and I never know what he's going to do next...like swearing up a storm for no apparent reason or ditching his heavy armor in favor of Thalmor robes... :eek:

Fishy Buisness

I'm stuck between Vorstag and Farkas. Vorstag is just so bloody hot and he's a really good follower. With Farkas you get to know him a whole lot more than the rest of the potential spouses and his fear of frostbite spiders is really cute

TheGreenMage12201

Honestly my favorite husband in the game is Scouts-Many-Marshes. I just love Argonians so much~

golso

With my khajit thief I was originally playing on Xbox with no speakers (complicated cable issues) but I always had a thing for Brynjolf because he's nice and he calls you lass a lot. I literally just went through massive effort to get speakers just because I heard his voice was amazing and when I heard it I could have cried. So upset you can't marry him! My poor heartbroken khajit settled for Balimund instead. He's very sweet and constant but I was massively disappointed by his few lines of dialogue so I ended up being quite neglectful! Later she ended up adopting Erik "the Slayer" as a sort of protégée and I became massively attached to him. I do wish he was a potential marriage partner though he wouldn't be right for her. I could rant about Erik for 500 years bless his little soul.

However I am now on pc and have the friendly Brynjolf mod so I shall test it out once my character gets the chance(!!!!!!!!)

RogueOfFire

Tarvor is by far the greatest of husbands. His proposal will make you laugh, as well as the remarks at the wedding ceremony. (Check out his expression, he is in complete sho k you actually showed up for the wedding) He'll make you laugh when you check in at home as well. Plus he adds a little mead to your homecooked meal he thinks it tastes better. :).
I finished the companions quest to nab Farkas but he was too mushy so restarted, tried Vilkas who says being married doesn't feel like he thought it would and it is all downhill from there. Including him jumping away scared if my beautiful Breton stands too close to him. So since I'd finished Companions just to get married decided to restart and try Tarvor who I believe really would marry me twice ;)
You can also sneak behind Tarvor on the way back to his house (companions guild) after the wedding for massive sneak level ups. Then move him because he randomly ends up dead at Companions

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts