• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Saozig

Hippy
I truely always wanted to marry Feandal as well, but play on ps3 so it isn't really possible. When it came time for he and I to part ways (I became overly attached and concerned that something would happen) I took him all the way back to his house before saying goodbye and finally got to the point I stopped going to Riverwood altogether because I was afraid he would get killed in a dragon attack.

I adore Feandal and hate he's not a candidate for marriage (I'm on Xbox). My Dark Elf char has a crush on him but knows she could never make him forget Camilla, so has resigned to just being his friend. My Wood Elf char is gay but sees Feandal as a older brother figure rather than a romantic partner.

i used to dress Feandal up in the best armor I could find to make sure he didn't get killegd but have learned to trust his abilities. I did once kill him with a fire spell, mistaking him for one of the bandits and I still hate myself for that.

Andante

Roleplaying Moderator
I've always loved Faendal. My very first Skyrim character was a Bosmer woman, and the minute she met Faendal you could say it was love at first sight. :p Of course, I never have been able to see them together. Even after she was killed in a dragon attack, and he came to live and work as a steward at my character's house, he still talked about Camilla. She's married to Vilkas now, and has been for awhile, but, I suppose there'll always be a special place for Faendal in her heart.

aussiegirlz

I must admit that I was never a fan of marriage in this game - I always saw the Dragonborn as a solitary soul. My first game I didn't marry at all - my second play thru I was pretty much done around the time Hearthfire came out so I decided my kids needed a Dad and I married the only man that appealed to me - Farkas. He is a wonderful husband but I've got to admit whenever I stumble across Vilkas out adventuring I feel awful that Farkas is stuck at home with the girls - I feel like I ruined him by marrying him. So from there on out my other characters will always be solitary souls.

Docta Corvina

Marcurio was my first and as they say, you never forget your first. :p I fell in love with his somewhat haughty yet goofy personality - his looks didn't hurt either. See, I fancy me some Imperial men, so marrying him was a given. It was great - until he glitched out and stopped cooking for me one day. He also does get much less talkative once you marry him, so that was indeed a let down. But I enjoyed my time with him in my first file ever, and I currently have him as my faithful steward in my Falkreath house. :p

My most current husband is Brynjolf (yay PC version! <3), whom I married after the TG questline. Yeah, he's a modded husband, but I don't care - I've crushed on the man since my first playthrough of the TG storyline and he remains one of the very few Nords I find pretty damn hot. He's been a fairly constant follower as well, until recently when I took him back to the Guild. But since building my Hearthfire houses, he's been chilling at those, helping my stewards.

I was married to Mercer Frey for a very brief period of time, just for the epic lulz. But he was just so grouchy (unsurprisingly) that it really was hardly worth the ceremony. I did find it utterly hilarious though and still goof around in that file just spend time with him as my "husband". If I advanced the TG stuff in that file, there's no telling what would happen later as a result. Might blow up the game. One day I'll experiment!

Personally, I think Hadvar (and Ralof) should be marriageable by default. Seems to me like it just would make good sense, especially if you do the CW stuff to the end. One day, I think I'll mod myself a marriageable Hadvar because I now have the tools to use voodoo magic on all of the voice files. :D

Having perused this thread and others, I suppose I'm one of the odd women out since I have no real desire to marry Farkas or Vilkas. Farkas is sweet, but...I dunno. Currently scheming to make some of my own OCs marriageable soon as well, and play around in those files just 'cause.

Been curious to marry Cosnach, because Breton men are simply adorable, be they angry Thieves Guild leaders, hapless drunkards or anything and everything in between. :p

Saozig

Hippy
My Dark Elf finally married Revyn Sardis, and, well, things are not so good, You can read about her woes here: Janus3003's Skyrim Marriage Counseling

Basically, Sardi is a terrible husband. :oops: Condescending, insensitive, slothful, and the only time he seems happy is when Tareth is leaving. Tareth sent him back to Windhelm while she thinks thing over...with Marcurio at her side ;)

I did a "dry run" marriage (undid it by loading an earlier saved game before the wedding) with Eiron and Marcurio, and Marcurio was far more pleasant a husband. He actually seemed to like being married, earned profit from the shop he set up and didn't gripe when Eiron asked him to cook.

Andante

Roleplaying Moderator
Speaking of voodoo magic and the Creation Kit and such, I have made a few of my own NPCs and even married one. It can be very satisfying getting exactly what you want for your character in a spouse, but, I suppose it does ruin some of the sentimentality of meeting them in the world, building relationships, and ultimately marrying. Still, I've always wanted a Bosmer husband option for my characters and this was one of the only ways to get it without fiddling around with one already in game. Results are my avatar. :D Though, I guess that doesn't really count toward this thread subject entirely.

I was married to Brynjolf for awhile with my first sneak/thief/assassin character via one of the few mods available, but it suddenly stopped working and completely ruined everything, so I was disappointed about that. He was one of my favorites since, like most, I completely loved him since meeting him the first time. ^_^

Saozig

Hippy
It annoys me to no end there are no Bosmer candidates without modding.

FullmetalHeart20

Speaking of voodoo magic and the Creation Kit and such, I have made a few of my own NPCs and even married one. It can be very satisfying getting exactly what you want for your character in a spouse, but, I suppose it does ruin some of the sentimentality of meeting them in the world, building relationships, and ultimately marrying. Still, I've always wanted a Bosmer husband option for my characters and this was one of the only ways to get it without fiddling around with one already in game. Results are my avatar. :D
You're saying you made that?!?!?

Brael

I suppose I'm one of the odd women out since I have no real desire to marry Farkas or Vilkas.

I never got the Farkas/Vilkas thing either. Farkas maybe, but Vilkas is kind of an ass.

Anyway, only one of my characters actually has a husband so I can't do a comparison, but my Khajiit married Moth Gro-Bagol and has no regrets. I highly recommend him. If you told me there was a sweeter more devoted husband in Skyrim I just wouldn't believe you. Orc spouses make the best spouses, I am convinced.

Saozig

Hippy
I get the Farkas thing. He's not really my type, but I think he's pretty likeable. I never got into the companions stuff to far so I only know Vilkas from game guides/wikis and player's talking about him.

I have wondered what the male Orc candidates were like. I personally like Ghorbash--hadn't even considered considered Moth. I'll have to keep him in mind.

I've decided I can't make my Dark Elf stay married to Sadri, that ass, and I am not going to have her get in trouble for killing him, so I'm giving up about 3 levels of progress to undo her marriage. I don't know who to consider now--maybe an Orc.

I can't see Eiron marrying anyone but Marcurio, so I'm glad I "tested' Marcurio out and liked him as a husband. That Eiron, being a magic-avoidant Wood Elf, would end up falling in love with a mage just seems right for him. He's a bundle of contradictions already and facing the things he avoids is part of his larger personal story arc. I guess he could fall for Onmund, but how would they cross paths, since Eiron has no reason to go to the College, let alone join it?

Brael

Due to the voice acting situation I'd imagine being married to Ghorbash would be very similar to Moth. Can't say for sure, but you should definitely give it a try! Every time Moth says "Speak, you can ask anything of me love!" in that gravelly voice of his, I just want to reach in and hug the life out of him. He's too damn cute!

PrisonerLizzie

Personally, I think Hadvar (and Ralof) should be marriageable by default. Seems to me like it just would make good sense, especially if you do the CW stuff to the end. One day, I think I'll mod myself a marriageable Hadvar because I now have the tools to use voodoo magic on all of the voice files. :D

When I was looking for a mate for my latest character I was beyond disappointed to find out that Ralof wasn't an option. They had been all through the war together and she loved his goofy smile whenever she was in Riverwood and he was surprised to see that she was still alive.

I've also always found Brill endearing although not the best looking man in Skyrim. How he always bids me "farewell my lady" it melts my heart. Again though I'll never know what kind of a husband he would ever be as I can't do the mods to find out.

Kit'teh

Get off my Lawn!
My Orc warrior goddess is married to Farkas and I have to say, he's too mushy smootchy now. I liked him better when he was just a follower. One of my old characters, a wood elf, was in a same sex marriage with Lydia and then got on her nerves so bad she was killed and stashed in the basement. I wish i had the p.c. version.. I think Delvin would make a great hubby so long as he doesn't get all lovey dovey too.

Are there any marriageable Khajit men in the xbox version?

Andante

Roleplaying Moderator
My Orc warrior goddess is married to Farkas and I have to say, he's too mushy smootchy now. I liked him better when he was just a follower. One of my old characters, a wood elf, was in a same sex marriage with Lydia and then got on her nerves so bad she was killed and stashed in the basement. I wish i had the p.c. version.. I think Delvin would make a great hubby so long as he doesn't get all lovey dovey too.

Are there any marriageable Khajit men in the xbox version?

Sadly, no. No marriageable Khajiit or Bosmer without the use of mods, or the Creation Kit. :sadface:

Kit'teh

Get off my Lawn!
Sadly, no. No marriageable Khajiit or Bosmer without the use of mods, or the Creation Kit. :sadface:

I had a feeling as such. I really need to get my gaming rig fixed to take advantage of all the great mods out there. Xbox pales in comparison but it is a good pacifier for now :Dragonborn:

Octavia

~ Ryla <3
I've never married a guy in Skyrim, it would feel awkward for me (Even as a female character), but if I had to choose, I'd say one of my own custom NPCs :p. If that wasn't an option, I'm not sure who I'd pick, I haven't looked into male marriage candidates, and don't even mention Farkas or Vilkas.

Off Topic: 200th post!

Agent 28, out.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts