• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

wolf_maiden

i like vilkas or farkas :3 I wish you could re-marry if your husband/wife gets killed though. I don't think you can, correct me if I'm wrong lol

Wildroses

My first and main character got married to Vorstag. I was kind of charmed when I went back to Markarth once after hiring him and he walked across the inn to tell me how pleased he was to see I was still in one piece, considering all the trouble I get myself into. As he followed it up with "So I'll come help you if you pay my fee again" he was probably just trying a sales pitch on me, but I was still touched enough to re-hire him. He was still in my employ when I got an amulet of Mara and the rest is history.

Vorstag is a great husband. I wanted a Lover's Comfort Bonus to trail me everywhere I went, so we stayed in each other's company 24/7 for a long time. In combat he was an idiotically overprotective husband. The slightest threat and he'd go charging forward leaving me going: "Um...okay, I guess we won't sneak past. Your broad shoulders are blocking all my clear shots, so I guess I'll just stand here and wait patiently for you to kill all the threats." Vorstag fought all my battles, carried all my stuff, ran a profitable shop on the road (there were a few long dungeons he must have been selling stuff to the Falmer and Draugr), and gave me the Lover's Comfort Bonus every time I lay down. I'm in awe. Where did he get his energy?

Saozig

Hippy
Despite all the characters I've played I've never completed the Marriage quest.

I noticed a lot of people who pick a male NPC for a spouse go with Farkas, and Vorstag has a lot of fans too. I haven't seen much else in the way of people's experiences with male candidates.

KattSand told me in another thread that Marcurio--the candidate who'd probably be my first pick in an ideal world--stops being so chatty after you marry him, which I found disappointing to learn. That's what I love about him and if he changed for me after our marriage, I'd be crushed.:p So with my current character, a Dunmer, I've set her up to marry Revyn Sadri the pawnshop owner in the Gray Quarter, once she's done doing some favors and making more friends to came to their wedding. I haven't seen any mention of what he's like as a husband, so I'll have to let you guys know. :D

I was annoyed with the selection of male candidates: a lot of Nords, which is understandable, but way too many Companions. Since my first character, I ignore the Companions so all of those are not options. No male High or Wood Elves either (there's no female Wood Elf candidates either). I hate that you can marry Camilla, but not Faendal. There's a few male Dunmer and Orcs you can marry at least. I really like Ghorbash, and was thinking of having one of my Breton characters marry him but he got glitchy as a follower so I didn't pursue that, concerned he'd be extra glitchy as a spouse. Anyone try marrying him? Was he glitchy as a spouse?

I'd like to know what Sorex Vinius, the Wining SKeever guy, is like as a spouse.He was going to be my pick for my Dunmer, because I wanted a husband who wouldn't walk around all the time in armor, but then I decided to go with Sardi. According to TES Wiki, he might continue to flirt after you marriage him. I think that'd be hilarious (I'm so not the jealous type!).

Onmund too. Has anyone married him yet?

The other one I like as a marriage candidate is Argis, the housecarl of Vindrel Hall. Anyone ever marry him?

EDIT: After writing this post I was playing my Dunmer character with Marcurio as a follower, and he just totally saved me from a troll I didn't notice coming up behind me because i was trying to track a dragon. Oh, Marcurio...

Saozig

Hippy
i like vilkas or farkas :3 I wish you could re-marry if your husband/wife gets killed though. I don't think you can, correct me if I'm wrong lol

I don't think so. I haven't heard anything to the contrary. I think it's be great if you could re-marry. Also I'd love it if you could have more than one spouse as long as you can house them and they don't cross paths (like in Fable III)--this would make it easier on us indecisive types! ;) (An maybe you could adopt more kids that way)

Wildroses

One of my NPC adventure hating style characters married Sorex because she wanted to live in the Winking Skeever. He was a total grump. If you asked him if the shop had made any money he got all offended and said: "Well of course it has! Would you expect any less of me?!" When I asked him if he'd mind cooking something for me he grumbled that he should be asking me to, but alright, he'd cook, and don't you DARE ask for another before tomorrow! Tommorow meant never, as that dialogue option vanished. He kept undoing all my reorganisation of our bedroom, and I soon learnt to go to bed before him because if I didn't he wouldn't let me sleep in the same bed as him, forcing me to sleep in a free bed upstairs.

I think the problem was he was still hopelessly in love with Vivienne. He admits to you he had a crush on her when he was young, and one time he bought some spiced wine from Evette saying he was going to give it to her, prompting Evette to say something along the lines of: "You mean you're going to hold onto it until you lose your nerve like you did with the last one?"

So yeah, if you are looking for love and friendship, don't marry Sorex. But if you are more mercenary minded, Sorex is one of the best catches. Easy task to get his attention, and you get to live in the fancy Winking Skeever and own the considerable amount of trinkets contained within.

I had my male Imperial marry Stenvar at about the same time I got to Riften for the first time. I had hired him and just grew attached, so I bought an Amulet of Mara from that hippie guy and proposed to Stenvar. He said yes, and he has been on every quest with me since. He is an awesome companion to have because he always fights with you, and he can't die unless you specifically kill him. I actually had a mishap where I realized just how attached I was to him. I fast traveled somewhere and he was gone, so I looked around for a while and couldn't find him. I started freaking out, thinking he might have been killed without me realizing it. So I tried to hire Belrand and he said I had someone with me already. Eventually, I found Stenvar's FormID and Console Commanded him to me. He was fine. I was so happy it's strange.

PrisonerLizzie

I married Balimund with my first character (my second has a wife) and we moved into Vlindrel Hall with the Housecarl Argis, who incidentally sounds exactly like Balimund. I was in heaven. Personally I think Balimund/Argis have the sexiest voice in the game and as I already had a solid follower in Mjoll I just wanted something wonderful to come home to. And it was wonderful, right up until that companions quest where the two let a bear into my house....

I married Balimund with my first character (my second has a wife) and we moved into Vlindrel Hall with the Housecarl Argis, who incidentally sounds exactly like Balimund. I was in heaven. Personally I think Balimund/Argis have the sexiest voice in the game and as I already had a solid follower in Mjoll I just wanted something wonderful to come home to. And it was wonderful, right up until that companions quest where the two let a bear into my house....
Ummm... what now? TT_TT That sucks donkey nuggets. I live in the Bathing Beefcake Bathhouse now. A bear will not be okay.

Andante

Roleplaying Moderator
I know I'm probably jumping on the bandwagon here, but I really do love Vilkas and Farkas as husbands. Vilkas turns incredibly sweet, almost hopelessly devoted, once married. Sure, it's a bit of a change if you like his gruff, and cool personality, but his proposal is adorable. He's always happy to see you return, share his gold and items, and doesn't care to cook for you. Farkas is the same, though he's pretty friendly from the beginning. He turns into a complete puppy once married, always asking if you need things, or want him to do something for you. Plus, they make great followers for warrior type characters, only, you have to be careful with them after marriage. Their essential status can be tricky and sometimes they can be killed if you're not cautious.

I've always wanted to marry Torvar with one of my characters, simply because he's hilarious. To be such a minor character he's got an interesting and dynamic personality that I can't help but like. Even if he's a stinking drunk. He really got me the first time I talked to him wearing an Amulet of Mara, "You're wearing Mara's Amulet, you?! I'd marry YOU. I'd marry you twice!!" Even when you let him down he takes it in stride and makes you laugh. "What? Stendarr's mercy, what are you, some kinda' tease?" Simply awesome.

For my most recent character, I found myself wishing Galmar Stone-Fist was a viable candidate for marriage. His devotion to the cause, and gruff personality were just perfect for my strong Nord warrior. Alas, her love was for naught. I even tried fooling around with his character file in the creation kit: nada. :sadface:

To answer a former question in the discussion, it is possible to remarry - I've done it. The husband of one of my earlier characters got separated from her and ended up getting killed. Once the inheritance money came, a few days passed, and she ditched her old wedding ring, characters began responding to her Amulet of Mara again. She was married again without problems. If you play PC there is a quick and easy way to "divorce" and set yourself up to remarry via console, but of course not everyone plays PC. What happened with my character should be possible with Xbox and PS3 players, should their spouses die, or be involved in an unfortunate "accident". :p

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
My Breton character (The one on my avatar photo) was forcefully married to some miner guy named Pavo Attius. All my character did was help him out with dealing with some forsworns, and hes telling people that were married. That ass!

My first chick character (Sekhmet) got romantically attached with that annoying court wizard of whiterun, Farengar Secret-Fire. Yes you heard right. It's funny because I was originally wanting to get her get caught up in a love triangle between Ulfric and General Tullius. I swear these characters have a mind of their own.

Wildroses

My first chick character (Sekhmet) got romantically attached with that annoying court wizard of whiterun, Farengar Secret-Fire. Yes you heard right. It's funny because I was originally wanting to get her get caught up in a love triangle between Ulfric and General Tullius. I swear these characters have a mind of their own.

You might be in a love triangle anyway. When you drop of Farengar's Frost Salts to Arcadia she says something about using them to make a love elixir she wants to test on Farengar.

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
Then Bethesda's doing something right! :)
I think you're right on that part. Blast that company!

You might be in a love triangle anyway. When you drop of Farengar's Frost Salts to Arcadia she says something about using them to make a love elixir she wants to test on Farengar.

That makes perfect sense. You see he gave her a supposed healing potion after he found out that she was dragonborn. I think he wanted to use her for his experiments and research on the dragons, and so he used a love potion on her. Damn that mage!

Saozig

Hippy

Yes, I like Balimund and Argis, and their shared voice. I always love doing Balimund's favor so he's friendly to me and Argis has got to be the best thing in Markarth (my least fav hold city).

Funny that my two fav followers, Feandal and Marcurio, are done by the same voice actor too. Makes it strange to visit one with the other following me. I've been trying to figure out who that voice actor is but can't find his name. I also like the guy who does Sven and Onmund, although since I always side with Feandal, I never get to have Sven be my follower.

PrisonerLizzie

Yes, I like Balimund and Argis, and their shared voice. I always love doing Balimund's favor so he's friendly to me and Argis has got to be the best thing in Markarth (my least fav hold city).

Funny that my two fav followers, Feandal and Marcurio, are done by the same voice actor too. Makes it strange to visit one with the other following me. I've been trying to figure out who that voice actor is but can't find his name. I also like the guy who does Sven and Onmund, although since I always side with Feandal, I never get to have Sven be my follower.
I truely always wanted to marry Feandal as well, but play on ps3 so it isn't really possible. When it came time for he and I to part ways (I became overly attached and concerned that something would happen) I took him all the way back to his house before saying goodbye and finally got to the point I stopped going to Riverwood altogether because I was afraid he would get killed in a dragon attack.

Saozig

Hippy
My Breton character (The one on my avatar photo) was forcefully married to some miner guy named Pavo Attius. All my character did was help him out with dealing with some forsworns, and hes telling people that were married. That ass!

Oh, I <3<3<3 Farenger. I'm an one-woman Farenger fan club. I know he's condescending but I find him hilarious. I love it who you take those frost salts to Arcadia and he goes "Clearly you are better suited for such menial tasks.." it kills m everytime. I so wish he was a candidate for marriage.

And that Pavo's bad news.

SPOILERS AHEAD

You know if you do his favor and clear out his mine, and then go back after the Forsworn have respawned, you'll find him an his pal dead in the mine? That's one way out of a forced marriage. :p

PrisonerLizzie

Oh, I <3<3<3 Farenger. I'm an one-woman Farenger fan club. I know he's condescending but I find him hilarious. I love it who you take those frost salts to Arcadia and he goes "Clearly you are better suited for such menial tasks.." it kills m everytime. I so wish he was a candidate for marriage.

And that Pavo's bad news.

SPOILERS AHEAD

You know if you do his favor and clear out his mine, and then go back after the Forsworn have respawned, you'll find him an his pal dead in the mine? That's one way out of a forced marriage. :p
Farenger is the master of mutton-chops lol I have never gotten that quest though hmmm....

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts