• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

What's your Favorite Dragon Priest Mask?

• Total voters

Mad-God Rigamortis TuDoap

Rogue Extraordinaire
Has anyone collected all the masks? I'm collecting them now, almost done. I use Morokei the most as I play with a battlemage character. I want to try playing with the final one but I have to get 3 more masks. What's is everyone's favorite one?

bananban

I like Krosis, probably because he was my first dragon priest. The lockpicking bonus is great, because I pick EVERY lock I see. Archery bonus is pretty good for sneak attacks, too.

I've only collected three so far, Krosis, Morokei, and Valsung. I use Morokei the least, surprisingly, considering how much magicka I consume in battle by summoning Atronachs all the time (if I'm detected).

The Fallen Hero

Master Assassin; Hybrid
Since I am a Master Assassin, Krosis comes in handy sometimes. I only wear it when I know I need a boost in either Archery, Alchemy or Lockpicking.

Ajones2323

The Black Knight
I've collected them all on my first character, and i'd also have that Krosis is my favorite.

for me, it is Volsung, cause i like to carry more items and sell more items and try to gain as much septims as possible.

And i like the armor bonus compared to other masks and the ability to dive under water when it comes to certain caves where needs underwater diving.

but i tend to switch it with Krosis in some situations.

Golgo_SPB

for light armor volsung and krosis are the two best choices, well not many choices for light armor ones anyways.

I have all the masks and to be honest I don't wear any of them, after getting enchanting to 100 and with a few perks you can make helmets 2 times better then them masks but If I had to choose one it would be krosis

Kuurus

I have all the masks and to be honest I don't wear any of them, after getting enchanting to 100 and with a few perks you can make helmets 2 times better then them masks but If I had to choose one it would be krosis
Not necessarily. As a heavy armor sword and board, Otar is probably more useful than anything you can craft. The available enchantments you can put on a head piece are:

Alchemy
Archery
Lockpicking
Magicka
Regen Magicka
Fortify (Magicka school - ie Destruction, Illusion etc...)
Waterbreathing

The +30% resists to fire/frost/shock on Otar are far more useful in combat than any combination of 2 of the above for this type of character.

Tiger_Wolff

You can't beat Otar for resistance. Don't think you can make better. Only thing is its heavy armor. For my new assassin/vamp character, thinking wearing it since, I got no perks for light armor anyways.

Kuurus

for me, it is Volsung, cause i like to carry more items and sell more items and try to gain as much septims as possible.

And i like the armor bonus compared to other masks and the ability to dive under water when it comes to certain caves where needs underwater diving.

but i tend to switch it with Krosis in some situations.
I carry Volsung as an extra piece, but wouldn't wear it as my normal every day head piece. The enhancements on it don't improve anything that helps you in combat. I put it on when I am heavy with loot at the end of a dungeon, or when I am dealing with vendors. When it is time to fight, I put Otar back on.

Not necessarily. As a heavy armor sword and board, Otar is probably more useful than anything you can craft. The available enchantments you can put on a head piece are:

Alchemy
Archery
Lockpicking
Magicka
Regen Magicka
Fortify (Magicka school - ie Destruction, Illusion etc...)
Waterbreathing

The +30% resists to fire/frost/shock on Otar are far more useful in combat than any combination of 2 of the above for this type of character.

With a melee weapon you that is correct but in the post that I made I should have mentioned I play with a bow so 41% to bow damage and lockpicking is the best for me ( that I have seen as of now ofcourse resistance is pretty much useless for me considering I sneak around and 1 shot every thing that moves

Skullrattla

Button Pusher
I hate the look of them and they're not good enough for the trouble it takes to get them.

Konahrik is OK but only if you're into heavy armor.

Tiger_Wolff

My mage don't use heavy armor normally. He's a squishy for sure. But, need more perk points to put in other areas. So, I put on a full set of daedric on with otar. Man he's a beast like this and looks cool having my follower in daedric and two daedric lords in a group. Wish I could take screen shots with the ps3.

Adam Warlock

Otar. My dual-casting battle mage kit includes it with Arch-Mage Robes , legendary daedric gauntlets with Fortify Magicka/Fortify Heavy Armor, legendary daedric boots with Muffle/ Resist Shock, Necklace with Resist Fire /Resist Frost , and Ring with Fortify Magicka/Resist Magic(the stronger enchant from the Shield of Solitude).
This combination gives you a higher armor rating than most mage builds and carries the added bonus of an 82% total reduction of magic damage for all 3 elements (all without having to carry a shield). At 100 skill in Sneak and with it`s basic perks, I`ve never experienced any stealth problems despite the Heavy Armor pieces.
With the extra 150 Magicka , 15% overall spell cost reduction, and 100% Magicka Regen this build provides, it`s rare that I have to get in the enemies` striking range for a melee battle.
If I feel the need to get blood on me , I use a dual-enchanted legendary daedric dagger and sneak-enhanced damage multiplier perk to eliminate enemies rather than my dual-cast Fire spells or conjured Atronachs/Dremoras. Silent Casting a Paralyse spell on the intended target pretty much guarantees you can walk up and single-stab the foe to death in most cases.
If I`m not confident that I`ll remain undetected and concerned about physical damage I might receive , I dual-wield daggers , drink a Fortify Alteration potion , and cast Dragonhide over my kit before charging in. With Dragonhide added , you get 88% damage reduction with an Armor Rating of 285 for as long as the spell is in effect.

3v3r

I have scale-itch... Don't ask how I got it.
I snipe all enemies so the archery boast of Krosis comes in handy, my lockpicking skill is 100 so I don't really need the perk.

With a melee weapon you that is correct but in the post that I made I should have mentioned I play with a bow so 41% to bow damage and lockpicking is the best for me ( that I have seen as of now ofcourse resistance is pretty much useless for me considering I sneak around and 1 shot every thing that moves

right, thats why i stated that I have Krosis on my back as well for some sneaky combat purposes. Else i will just leave Volsung on :p

nordicowboy

Must be my Nord blood......
I just got Nahkriin yesterday. I'm level 43 and have maxed out 1H, heavy armor, and block. This mask provides a great boost for me to transition further towards a mage so I can keep on leveling up. Before this, I never went anywhere without Volsung (because I'm a pack rat)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts