• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

sakman13f

First off Skyrim is a fantastic game, I only wish I could get more out of it visually.
Here are my specs

Athlon FX 4100 quad core stock, 3600MHZ, I'm runing stable and cool at 4100mhz
Sapphire HD 6770 (1GB overclocking didnt help much) running current drivers 11.12 (12/15/2011)
8gb of Ram
Asus M5A99X EVO motherboard

Skyrim defualted my settings to high and X8 AA and AF 1920x1080 RES. Playing like that I only get around 25-35FPS

I have spent many hours trying to play with graphics settings to boost performance and have some success but I still feel it is slow for my specs. I have read that AMD/ATI drivers are not yet optimized for skyrim and another Skyrim game patch is due out in Januarty to address FPS, is this true?

For other ATI users I notice that your vision control center settings (formerly CCC) have a HUGE impact on performance. For example if I set it Anti-aliasing mode for super sampling it runs at 10FPS, set it for adaptive multisampling it runs at 25FPS, and if I take it down to just multi sampling it goes to 40FPS. This one setting alone makes a huge difference in apperance and performance. Forcing it to run through application controlled doesnt make a difference. I noticed that Nvidia people got a massive graphics tuning guide for Skyrim I wish ATI would put out something similar.

http://www.geforce.com/Optimize/Guides/the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-tweak-guide

If anyone else is running a 6770 I would like to here what your vision control center settings are and your FPS. Thank you all for replys.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts