• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
First time through as an Argo and the guy who owns the mill calls me a "boot" every time he sees me and tells me to get out of his way. ????? I'm assuming that it's a derogatory term and have never heard it on any other character (including my Khajit). He's rude and annoying (especially about the "provincial" thing - DUDE! You're a provincial! Skyrim is a province of the empire!), but I never thought of him as racist. Hmm...

Also - what's with his brother thinking everybody is going to steal from him? No other shopkeeper says anything like that. Dude, ya ever stop to think that it's your brother stealing from you? Not your customers?

You two are a real turn off and negative advert for the Stormies. Everybody else in your town is okay, it's just you two, which is why I always clean out all of your cash and never buy anything from you and go to the other saw mill for my wood and don't buy any from you. PHBBBBT to you two. :)

Joker

Cook, Wine Taster, Scotch Taster, Adventure Seeker
He is calling you "boot" because he sees you as boots he will wear in the near future...... :eek:

AS88

Staff member
First time through as an Argo and the guy who owns the mill calls me a "boot" every time he sees me and tells me to get out of his way. ????? I'm assuming that it's a derogatory term and have never heard it on any other character (including my Khajit). He's rude and annoying (especially about the "provincial" thing - DUDE! You're a provincial! Skyrim is a province of the empire!), but I never thought of him as racist. Hmm...

Also - what's with his brother thinking everybody is going to steal from him? No other shopkeeper says anything like that. Dude, ya ever stop to think that it's your brother stealing from you? Not your customers?

You two are a real turn off and negative advert for the Stormies. Everybody else in your town is okay, it's just you two, which is why I always clean out all of your cash and never buy anything from you and go to the other saw mill for my wood and don't buy any from you. PHBBBBT to you two. :)

Just those two? What about Siddgeir the corrupt Jarl, Dengeir the paranoid ex-Jarl, and Nenya the vampire's friend? :p

Bolund, the brother of the shopkeeper, often receives an arrow or dagger from my elves and beast-men should they be the type to hold a grudge, especially considering how he works at that lumber mill all by himself......

Daelon DuLac

He is calling you "boot" because he sees you as boots he will wear in the near future...... :eek:
he should make a belt and handbag to go with it! I've got plenty of hide to go around. Maybe I'll bring him my leftovers next time I shed. :)

Daelon DuLac

Just those two? What about Siddgeir the corrupt Jarl, Dengeir the paranoid ex-Jarl, and Nenya the vampire's friend? :p

Bolund, the brother of the shopkeeper, often receives an arrow or dagger from my elves and beast-men should they be the type to hold a grudge, especially considering how he works at that lumber mill all by himself......
Nope. All three of them are fine to me. Siddgeir is cool and I'm happy to help him out (hey, he's Jarl, he's entitled to be a little bit corrupt); Dengeir just I don't even talk to anymore - I'd rather not be Thane than to break in to Hod's house - I like Hod; Nenya's fine, she keeps telling me that a warm drink is all I need.

sticky runes

Man, do those brothers blow hot and cold?

"welcome to my shop, I like meeting foreigners!" :)
"STEAL ANYTHING FROM MY SHOP AND I'LL SHOVE YOUR HEAD UP YOUR A**HOLE" :mad:
"thank you for shopping with us, have a nice day now!" :)

"I can' believe we let filth like you walk around Skyrim." :mad:
"Doing some building eh? I'll help you out!" :D
"Get out of my face you dusky/pointy eared/scaly/furry/green skinned piece of sh!t." :vomit:

Daelon DuLac

Man, do those brothers blow hot and cold?

"welcome to my shop, I like meeting foreigners!" :)
"STEAL ANYTHING FROM MY SHOP AND I'LL SHOVE YOUR HEAD UP YOUR A**HOLE" :mad:
"thank you for shopping with us, have a nice day now!" :)

"I can' believe we let filth like you walk around Skyrim." :mad:
"Doing some building eh? I'll help you out!" :D
"Get out of my face you dusky/pointy eared/scaly/furry/green skinned piece of sh!t." :vomit:
Must be the weather down there. Everybody's a little moody. :)

sticky runes

Must be the weather down there. Everybody's a little moody. :)

Seriously though - this game and it's fricking AI. I get similar from Thonnir in Morthal after I kill Laelette. He stands there going "Oh, my poor Laelette...:sadface: " and when I talk to him the option still comes up to buy lumber, and he's like "Doing some building eh? I'll have it hauled over right away!" and then he goes back to grieving over his dead vampire wife. At least in Markarth when the forsworn attack occurs in the market place, the merchants standing nearby refuse to do any business for a while out of "shock".

Rimfaxe96

Gosh how I hate that guy.

:cowboy: "I can't believe we let provincials like you wander Skyrim."
o_O "I can't believe your knees are still in one piece. I can change that you know, so back off."

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies

I make a point to go kill those two pinheads every build. When a courier delivers a message informing me that the Jarl of Falkreath wants to see me, I do see him... after I kill both of those turd burglers. Priorities. Thankfully, getting away with murder is easy in Skyrim.

Daelon DuLac

I make a point to go kill those two pinheads every build. When a courier delivers a message informing me that the Jarl of Falkreath wants to see me, I do see him... after I kill both of those turd burglers. Priorities. Thankfully, getting away with murder is easy in Skyrim.
I'm assuming you never shop in Falkreath then. I hate to kill a shop owner. I have to agree that those douchbags certainly have it coming and are a wonderful advertisement for the Empire and Anti-Stormcloak propoganda.

LotusEater

I'm assuming you never shop in Falkreath then. I hate to kill a shop owner. I have to agree that those douchbags certainly have it coming and are a wonderful advertisement for the Empire and Anti-Stormcloak propoganda.

Shop owners and wood mill operators are a dime a dozen. Even when my digs are in Lakeview I'd rather go to Riverwood. That Falkreath clown is totally expendable imo. The orc in Solitude Mill is kind of a smart-ass too but I'd much rather by 1000 logs from him.

Daelon DuLac

Shop owners and wood mill operators are a dime a dozen. Even when my digs are in Lakeview I'd rather go to Riverwood. That Falkreath clown is totally expendable imo. The orc in Solitude Mill is kind of a smart-ass too but I'd much rather by 1000 logs from him.
I kill people I am hired to kill or who are trying to kill me. If I killed everybody who pissed me off or hurt my feelings then I would be very lonely. Like I said, I'm playing an Argo. Almost everybody is biased in some way.

LotusEater

I kill people I am hired to kill or who are trying to kill me. If I killed everybody who pissed me off or hurt my feelings then I would be very lonely. Like I said, I'm playing an Argo. Almost everybody is biased in some way.

Those are the only two I kill out of pure spite and I enjoy every second of it...

In fact, now that I'm thinking about it, next time I will kill them, raise them and then reduce them to ashes. Why didn't I think of this before?

Daelon DuLac

Those are the only two I kill out of pure spite and I enjoy every second of it...

In fact, now that I'm thinking about it, next time I will kill them, raise them and then reduce them to ashes. Why didn't I think of this before?
I'm just too friggin' greedy. Just like in real life how I'll put up with every a**hole I run across as long as they pay, I keep them alive because I can clean out the bank account. Of course, I have no idea why I leave the brother alive. Probably 'cause I like the Jarl and killing the mill owner would piss him off. :)

LotusEater

I'm just too friggin' greedy. Just like in real life how I'll put up with every a**hole I run across as long as they pay, I keep them alive because I can clean out the bank account. Of course, I have no idea why I leave the brother alive. Probably 'cause I like the Jarl and killing the mill owner would piss him off. :)

I hear ya. I really am a peaceful Dragonborn, I swear. Even when I make evil builds, I'm too nice and helpful. My current build has(had) plans to kill everyone in Skyrim. I haven't killed anyone yet aside from the two we are discussing and I'm lv59 and I doubt I'll go through with it.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts