• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

bluethundr

OK well I am attempting to cure my case of vampirism. I have been able to get the quest from the bartender where I get to meet falion, I

* get the black soul gem from him,
* get the soul trap spell
* kill an NPC to fill the black soul gem
* go back to morthal and tell him I have a filled black soul gem

he then agrees to meet me at dawn and cure me of vamprism. I then go directly to the summoning circle just north and "almost but not quite west" of the city and wait. I've tried auto-waiting till 3. Then the game says that "I've completed the rise at dawn" quest, but Falion never shows up. I've tried waiting from 3-8 and no luck.

What do you think might have happened and how can I get Falion to live up to his deal? Is there another method of curing vampirism I can try? I've heard that becoming a werewolf could work.

Docta Corvina

I have had the exact same issue with Falion in my Xbox file. I finally resigned myself to my vampirism and have worked around it by scouting out blood banks and their bedtimes. However, it's not the least bit ideal. I do like the associated perks, but the inconveniences are more than a little irritating.

I have gone through all of the steps as well, multiple times (I'm talking like 20 attempts at this over time) and nothing works. The two times he did show up, he forgot why he was there in the first place and attempted to sell things to me instead. I was so angry, I went after him.

I thought this was something Beth was supposed to be fixing or at least looking into? But if it's still an issue now, I guess they need to be notified again. I'll be writing to them about it, for sure. I'll be curious to read if you (or others) have any eventual luck with it after it's been bugging out. So frustrating.

bluethundr

Hey and thanks for your reply. yeah this is a totally deplorable situation. Looks like I may have to look into becoming a werewolf (lycanthropy) instead...I'm playing on a ps3 by the way. So it's not just xbox.

Docta Corvina

Yeah, that looks to be perhaps the only other remedy at this point. I've read that if you go through the Companions questline, you will have access to a cure for lycanthropy. I started that questline in my vampire file, but never went anywhere with it, I got too bored. Still, it's certainly an option. =)

SSG IrishGirl

Awesome Sauce
I had that same problem. Don't wait directly at the meeting point. Wait outside of the meeting area around 5:00am and then when you see him show up walk over and talk to him. That fixed it for me but it may just be a bug...

Docta Corvina

I'll have to try again sometime soon then. Haven't touched my Xbox file since I got my PC version (OMG mods <3), but I will just to see if it decides to cooperate. At least I got him to show up twice, but for some reason he had a short term memory lapse out of nowhere and tried to sell me wizardy things. I was so disappoint.

Docta Corvina

So, still no luck with this for me. Has anyone else had a breakthrough? I'm hoping that the next update addresses this once and for all.

wavecristal

I was experience the same problem. The solution for me it was travel to the nearest place on the map (if a i don't mistaken, it was the aprentice stone) and wait one day (i use the mod meditation spell, but i think the waiting system works the same way). Then i run to the place marked. When i arrived the time marking was 5:30 am. The dialog works just fine. Before that i already waited 4 or 5 days to atempt resolve the proble. I hope this helps. Sorry for my english, i dont use it for quiete some time.

ps: respectfully i dont recommend use this mod that i pointed. After I installed I couldn't make the game works porperly.

I had the same problem and I figured it out. Be at the stones around 4 right before 5am if possible and once you stop the time start running back to the brigde once you get over there you should see the guy start running toward the stones. Another way that might work is standing by his door and wait for him to go to the stones.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts