• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Rextoret

top kek
    I'm finished with my CC, but I'll hold off on posting it until Fellowknight posts this map I've heard about. Then I'll make the final touches and post it here. If anyone is really curious to see it in it's current version, you can find it here at the CC thread.

Dabiene Caristiana

Your friendly neighborhood weirdo
    So if dawnstar was/is compromised that means sev and jeroo led a man to his death.... Bummer maaaan...

Rextoret

top kek
    Alright, probably one more night and I'll be done with the final version of Sylon's CC. I'll add a few sections. (Gallery, more trivia, combat diagnostics, and probably some others.) I'll change up the history a bit, then post it here with the updates. Expect it up soon.

Rextoret

top kek
    Final Version
    Lavi.600.1593729.jpg
    Sylon Kitani
    "It is only on the brink of death, that we see the truth behind all things."

» BIRTH NAME Jo’shani
    » ALIAS Sylon Kitani
    » AGE 64
    » APPARENT AGE 36
    » BIRTH DATE 19th of Sun’s Dawn, 4E 139
    » BIRTH PLACE Dune, Elsweyr
    » BIRTH SIGN The Lover
    » ORIGIN Breton
    » CLASS Ranger
    » GENDER Male
    » HEIGHT 6'2"
    » WEIGHT 139.5 lbs
    » BMI 17.9
    » BUILD Very light, but still muscular from years of archery.
    » LATERALITY Right-handed
    » SEXUALITY Heterosexual
    » MARITAL STATUS Widowed
    » PROPERTIES A small house in Dune, now destroyed and abandoned.
    » AFFILIATION None, save himself and his sons.
    » ALIGNMENT Chaotic Good
    » AFFLICTIONS Insomnia, Depression, and Social Anxiety.
    » RELIGION The Elsweyr Pantheon
    » BAD HABITS Avoiding eye contact
    » HOBBIES Foreign language learning
    » FAMILY 2 sons; Krag and Mercer

「APPEARANCE」

» HAIR LENGTH Around shoulder-length, rather unkempt.
    » HAIR COLOR Red
    » FACIAL HAIR Light stubble; oft neglected due to situation.
    » EYE COLOR Amber
    » SKIN COLOR Pale white
    » SCARS Many, mostly cuts from battles in the Great War.
    » FACE Sharp, while retaining many features that could be considered handsome.
    » UNIQUE FEATURES His right eye is missing due to an odd birth defect, also present in both of his sons.
    » ATTIRE [CASUAL] Sylon doesn't have the luxury of a casual outfit.
    » GEAR Makeshift armor; patched together with different pieces of cloth and leather. Sylon always wears his father's unique red scarf, something that he hopes to pass down to his sons one day. His primary weapon is an magnificently made Ebony bow, received from his father. His other weapon is an old and rusted Akaviri Dai-katana.

「PERSONALITY」

» POSITIVE TRAITS Respectful, mature, honest, mentally strong, and tactful
    » NEGATIVE TRAITS Regretful, over-protective, cynical, and lazy
    » LIKES Sleep, food, smithing, and his sons
    » DISLIKES War, talking, fighting, and paying attention
    » FEARS Finding his sons, dead.
    » ASPIRATIONS To find his sons, hopefully alive in the midst of the ‘apocalypse’.
    » PHILOSOPHY Simplified, that the ends justify the means.

「COMBAT DIAGNOSTIC」

» FIGHTING STYLE – Being a ranger, Sylon typically uses his bow to engage enemies at a distance to give himself an advantage. He also employs sneaking to get the drop on his targets. When cornered or forced into a close-quarters fight, he'll use his dai-katana and it's long reach to engage his adversary. While he doesn't have much strength, his speed and wits allow him to outwit his enemies and evade them. If possible, he prefers to avoid direct contact with enemies. He'll try to shoot them with his bow before attempting anything hasty.

» ATTRIBUTES

» Health – Denotes vitality and the amount of damage able to be taken.
    » Magicka – Denotes amount of magicka and the magical capacity to cast spells.
    » Stamina – Denotes amount of physical energy and the ability to perform strenuous activities.
    » Strength – Denotes physical strength and the ability to deal damage with melee attacks and block melee attacks.
    » Endurance – Denotes physical toughness, the ability to withstand pain, illness, and fatigue.
    » Agility – Denotes balance, coordination, reflex, speed, and steadiness in combat.
    » Intelligence – Denotes ability to learn, reason, plan, solve problems, strategize, ability to comprehend complex ideas and general mental capability.
    » Will – Denotes magical strength, the general ability to cast spells and magicka regeneration.
    » Spirit – Denotes mental toughness, willpower and the ability to keep fighting past fatigue, injuries and one’s own limitations.

Health ■■■■■
    Magicka ■□□□□
    Stamina ■■■■■■□□
    Strength ■■■■
    Endurance ■■■■■■■
    Agility ■■■■■■■■
    Intelligence ■■■■■
    Will ■□□□□
    Spirit ■■■■■■■

» SKILLS

Master

» Archery – Having spent his whole life dedicated to the art of archery, it is only to be expected that he is a master of the trade. Having been trained by his father, a master before him, Sylon would be hard-pressed to find someone as skillful as him in the way of archery.

Expert

» Light Armor – Having worn makeshift armor all of his life, he has gotten used to the feel of wearing it and maintaining it. He feel very comfortable in pretty much any armor, save for heavy armors.

» Sneak – Having trained in this for many years on Solstheim, it's only natural that he'd be rather skilled in sneaking around. And in the current situation, this is a much valued skill.

Adept

» Two-handed – When not using his bow, he uses his Dai-katana. While it's true that he hasn't had much practice with it, he's still fairly skilled in using large swords. This skill comes in handy whenever he runs out of arrows or runs into an enemy at close ranges.

» Cloth-work – Sylon worked with many different cloths as a child, and still remembers how to mend or make new clothes. It's not a common skill, but still very much valued.

Apprentice

» Most other skills – Having spent a great deal of time traveling, Sylon has a great many number of experiences. He has a lot of skills, although no expertise in any of the Magical schools. He couldn't pull off a single spell, no matter how hard he tries.

» GEAR

» Ebony Bow [Flawless]
    His father's bow, an old and yet well made bow. It offers great power, and is rather easy for Sylon to use. He uses this along with any arrows he can find, typically being steel arrows. Given a perfect shot while hidden, this can kill tough enemies or at least wound them.

» Makeshift Cloth Armor [Superior]
    Sylon's custom armor, patched together from a wide variety of different clothes and armors. It benefits from comfort more than protection, which is fine for a Ranger like Sylon. However, it wouldn't hold up so great in a fight. But with his clothworking skills, Sylon can mend this armor with ease.
    「HISTORY」

» CHILDHOOD [12 years] – Sylon Kitani (I shall refer to him as such.) was born as Jo'shani in the city of Dune, to Ciel and Zoe Kitani. His father, Ciel, was a renowned archer who was well known in the region. His mother, Zoe, was also widely famed for her abilities in cloth-making. To say the least, Sylon came from a family that expected a great deal from him. His earliest years were spent being home schooled by his mother, with the rest of his free-time being spent with his father at the range. Not only did he learn Cyrodilic as a language, but he also learned Ta'agra. Throughout his life, he made a point to learn new languages whenever he could - becoming one of his most admirable skills.

While Sylon was never on good terms with his mother, whom he regarded as more of a teacher figure than a motherly one, he was always on good terms with his father. Sylon held his father as a hero, someone that he wanted to become like. He wanted to be that strong, to be that skillful, and to be just as reliable of a person as his father. All the free time in Sylon's life was spent with his father, who trained him to become just as potent of an archer as himself. This procession of learning and training continued for years, until the eve of Sylon's 12th birthday.

» TEENAGE YEARS [8 years] – When Sylon turned 12, his father gave him a challenge. Ciel had a friend in Skyrim, who was holding onto an item for him. Sylon was to travel to Solitude alone, to retrieve this item for his father. If he returned before the moon had made a full cycle, Ciel would give him his scarf and his bow. Both of which were exquisitely crafted, and of immense value. Sylon took the task, leaving the next morning with his father's horse and sword. He sped through Cyrodiil, crossing the province in a few days without much trouble. Skyrim itself was much harder. Sylon was riding into Riverwood, when a wild bear attacked him and his horse. The beast knocked him off his horse and into the river, leaving him to climb out while the bear devoured his horse. Sylon ran, making it to Riverwood before the bear could catch up. As it would seem, he was now stuck in Riverwood without a horse. He spent a day recovering and preparing, before he began his perilous journey to Solitude.

He purchased a bow, then set off. With only general directions on how to get to Solitude, Sylon had to spend much time wandering the wilderness as he went from city to city. He learned how to live off the land, getting the kind of training that his father could never had given him in the deserts of Elsweyr. After a few weeks, he made it to Solitude. He inquired around town and found the man that he was searching for, Teo Liore. He explained the situation to him, then took the item from him, an akaviri dai-katana. Sylon left quickly, making his fastest for Dune. He left Skyrim quickly, traveled through Cyrodiil, and finally arrived in Dune. He reunited with his father, although he lost the challenge by 3 full weeks. Ciel kept the bow, but gave him the scarf. It was a long, red scarf that seemed to match the color of Sylon's hair. After that, Sylon's life resumed its usual pattern.

When Sylon turned 14, he and Ciel began to make annual trips to Valenwood in order to hunt. They would journey into the jungles of the region, staying within in them for months at a time. It was in these trips that Sylon learned most of what he knows, and it was also in these trips that he matured more than any other period of his life. These trips continued until Sylon’s 20th birthday, at which point he decided to move out and make a name for himself out in Tamriel. Ciel gave Sylon his bow, as well as the sword he had received from Teo. On the 26th of Sun’s Dawn, Sylon left Dune in search of fame and fortune.

» ADULT YEARS [44 years] – His journeys led him to Morrowind, and to an individual by the name of Riane Traven. She entranced him, but nothing would happen between the two until much later down the road. The two met in a tavern, called the The White Flagon. They talked, then spent the night together. Sylon left the next morning, determined to continue his journey without being tied down. He left her without a word, sneaking out the window before the sun even rose. And so his travels continued, this time leading him to Blacklight. He stayed for a few weeks, before taking a boat to Solstheim. It was in this land that Sylon stayed for a few years, studying under a man by the name of Liodes Anzione. Liodes taught him the finer points of stealth, even giving him a brief career in thievery. By the time that Sylon's tutelage was over, he was 25. He left Solstheim, eager to return home to his parents for a reunion.

After a few weeks of travel, he walked through the gates of Dune - covered in sand and much older than when he left. He was home. He went back to his house, but only to find that it was lacking one of its other inhabitants. His mother had died. According to Ciel, she had passed a few weeks before Sylon returned. Even though he was never in good terms with his mother, Sylon was still devastated. He stayed with his father in Dune for a year. The highlight of the year was another one of their hunting trips to Valenwood. Ciel was amazed with how much Sylon's skills had improved over the 5 years he was gone. After they returned from the trip, Ciel decided to have an accuracy match with his son to see who was the better archer. Ciel; 57 out of 60 arrows into the target. Sylon; 59 out of 60. Ciel was overjoyed that his son had finally overcome him in skill, and held a party for him. Many of the the family's friends attended, and there were gifts aplenty. By the end of the party, Sylon had more arrows than he knew what to do with. A few weeks later, Ciel caught a serious disease. At his age, he wasn't exactly his best in terms of resilience. Sylon was by his side throughout the ordeal.

But Ciel did not pull through. He died a few days into First Seed and Sylon was destroyed mentally. He no longer had any family, and had only just returned to his father around a year ago. He fell into a deep depression, although something did happen to distract his mind soon after. The Great War swept through Tamriel, sweeping Sylon up with it. For a while now, Elsweyr had been under Thalmor rule. So Sylon joined them, and was placed into a guerrilla warfare squad consisting of various non-elf archers who were still loyal to the Aldmeri dominion. Along with the other members of the squad, Sylon launched attacks against the forces of the Empire. He was present for the invasion of Leyawiin and the siege of Bravil, among countless other battles and attacks on Imperial forces. Sylon did things during the war while suffering through his depression, including murder of innocents and other even less admirable acts.

After years of fighting, the war was over. Sylon was 36, although this was hardly old for him. Being Breton, he was still rather young. The war hadn't gotten rid of his depression, only lessened it. He returned to Dune, but he soon found that there was no reason to stay there. So he left, taking all his belongings with him. He traveled to the city of Tear in Morrowind, and settled down for a while. He took to drinking at the tavern on a daily basis, while doing hunting as a side job. Years passed in this manner, until Sylon was 46. He traveled to another town in order to do some trading, only to end up staying at the familiar White Flagon. Even more familiar was the face of Riane, whom he reunited with there. After a long talk about how he left her that one day, they made up. After that, she moved in with Sylon back in Tear. They spent a few years there, before Sylon decided to marry Riane in the old Khajiiti tradition. They moved to Dune, where they held the ceremony. Many people attended, including Teo Liore and Liodes Anzione. And so, at the age of 48, Sylon decided to settle down and start a family with Riane in Dune.

Soon after their marriage, Riane had a child – A boy, whom they named Krag. He looked very much like his father, and also shared his odd birth defect of a missing right eye. Krag grew up in a similar way to Sylon, except that he had a much better relationship with his mother than his father did. And so, 8 years passed while Krag learned the ways of archery and the world from his parents. And coincidentally, on Krag’s 8th birthday, his little brother was born. He was named Mercer and, oddly enough, he looked like his father and brother as well as having the same birth defect. Sylon and Riane decided to not raise Mercer as an archer, but instead as someone more dedicated to education. And so Sylon tasked Krag with protecting his little brother no matter what.

3 years after Mercer’s birth, a terrible event shook the family. Riane died from a mysterious disease that was unknown to them – cancer. Sylon fell even deeper into his perpetual depression, lacking the strength to go on without his wife. Mercer was too young for this to have any impact on him, but Krag took up the role of family head while his father moped around in the tavern. As the years passed, Sylon recovered and began to provide for his sons once again. He bonded with them, and the 3 of them became inseparable. That was, until the ‘apocalypse’ – as Sylon calls it. Out of seemingly nowhere, hordes of Daedra and monsters descended upon Nirn. For the residents of Dune, it spelt doom. They were caught unaware, attacked in the middle of the night. Sylon had left for Elden Root in Valenwood to meet an old friend the previous day. When Sylon arrived, everyone was dead. Bizarre monsters roamed the streets, causing him to run straight back to Dune to check on his sons. But he was too late. Everyone was dead or gone. He snuck through the city, making his way into his house. He checked everywhere for his sons, finding only a small note written by Krag.

“Father, you’re not here in our time of need. Mercer and I can hear the screams of the people outside, and he can hardly hold in his. I’m taking the horse, and we’re going to see if we can find safety in Solitude. I know Teo Liore lived there, and from your descriptions, it sounds much safer than anywhere in Elsweyr. Father… If you find this, please follow us. I don’t know what we’ll do without you, but we can’t stay here. I hope to see you in Solitude. – Krag”

And so Sylon left for Skyrim. A hope in his heart, that against everything, his sons still lived amidst the chaos. He quickly passed through Cyrodiil, fighting with Daedra and monsters along the way. He made it into Skyrim, and now approaches Solitude…

「GALLERY」
    Lavi.full.351625.jpg
    - Mercer -
    (Ignore the funky ears.)
    Lavi.full.972902.jpg
    - Krag -
    「TRIVIA」
    • Both Krag and Mercer have green eye(s), from their mother.
    • The appearance for Sylon and his sons is based on Lavi from D.Gray-Man.
    • I couldn't find an image to fit Riane, but she has brown hair and green eyes. Use your imagination to picture her.
    • Yes, the images are all in anime/manga style. No, this shouldn't impair your ability to picture the characters in a more lifelike way. By using these kind of images, I'm giving you the freedom to change the appearance of the characters to how you think they'd actually look. Use that freedom.
    • I don't have enough trivia, and this is here because this fact is trivial.
    • Just to clear things up, this is Acrylic's CC format. It would now seem that everyone is using it, but I'd like to let everyone know that it came from him. I asked to use it, and well... it's sort of everywhere now. I've made some changes of my own, but what's important is that he made the original. So please give him credit whenever you use one of the CCs in this style.

Rextoret

top kek
    Alright, I'm going to start writing my first post. I know Hale used orange, but is he still a part of the RP? If so, I can use fire brick or orange red instead.

Also, I'd appreciate some comments for Sylon's CC. Ratings can only tell me so much, and I'd like to know if anyone has any complaints or suggestions.

And finally, are we going to continue using the original Fading Hope IC thread for "Part 2"? If we're going to make a new thread, then I should wait until that comes up - meaning that the first post for Sylon will be my highest quality, and it just makes more sense to bring new characters in with the new thread. Of course, if no plans for another thread were made, I'd be fine posting in the first thread.

T. Rakinson

A Brute among Beasts
    were planning a part 2?

Im sure this has been said to you before, but your cc's are very detailed. Much better than my own.

Rextoret

top kek
    I guess not. I just thought you might be, considering it 'stalled' according to Fellowknight.

Yeah, you're right - I do get that a lot. XD Practice makes perfect though, so just keep making characters and you'll get better at it.

Alright then, I'll start on my first post tomorrow since it's already late and I need to go to work in the morning.

P.S.- Probably the longest post I've ever seen, Fellow. :p

Andre Marek

You can run, but you'll only die tired...
    Alrighty then, how goes the jumpstart? Anybody thats in the Sigil tower going to post or are we just going to wait for Rex to post an intro?

Rextoret

top kek
    Besides, I don't want to rush my post. I'm just having a little anime marathon with a workmate, and it'll probably end in a few hours here. So go ahead and do the sigil thing, and I'll figure out my post later.

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    Get your butt in the Sigilium Sanguinis and start killing daedra mister!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts