• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Andre Marek

You can run, but you'll only die tired...
    How bad is your character card when someone rates your application 'Optimistic'?
    Is it that bad?

Actually I think it usually means that they have high hopes for your character. Of course I could be dead wrong but I'd like to think that I'm not. :)

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    Actually I think it usually means that they have high hopes for your character. Of course I could be dead wrong but I'd like to think that I'm not. :)

Marek is right Roggvar. I rated your card Optomistic because your guy's unique and I look forward to playing with him. Nothing negative about it :).

And hey Aethalia and Madrar! How have you guys been? Long time no see. I've missed you guys in Reforging an Empire.

DurableDiction

Paladin of the Old Order
    Ok, so I have ideas on the minions we could face:
    Molag Bal: Vampires (Lords too)
    Vaermina: Boggart-like (Harry Potter reference) creatures that take the form of its opponent's worst fear.
    Herma-Mora: Seekers and Lurkers
    Sheogorath: creatures from the Shivering Isles (don't remember names)
    Malacath: Dust and Vapor creatures (Ashpit is his realm)
    Mehrunes Dagon: Daedra
    Boethiah: Some type of dark Knight or Warrior
    Clavicus Vile: ?
    Hircine: Werewolves
    Mephala: Spiders (more powerful than frostbite spiders) or the Morag Tong
    Namira: Cannibals
    Nocturnal: ?
    Peryite: Zombies
    Sanguine: ?

I am assuming that Azura and Meridia are on our side. As for the ones with the question marks, not much is known about them or their realm. Nocturnal could be on our side as well, as she is the patron of all thieves.

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    Nocturnal could also send restless, evil or angry spirits at us, along with kinder spirits who help us. And what are Seekers and Lurkers?

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    Vampires? Hey!

Simus

An Excellent Site Member

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    Damn straight there are. *walks away grumbling to himself*

DurableDiction

Paladin of the Old Order
    Here's my CC. I couldn't choose which character to go with, so you all can choose:

Name: Solifyr the White
    Class: Paladin
    Race: Imperial-Breton
    Appearance: Tall with tan skin and dark hair. He has a scar running along his cheek from a battle with his brother and adversary. He has a short Van Dyke and blue eyes.
    Armor: Specially crafted suit of tempered steel, enchanted with magic resistance and vitality. He wears a helmet only when in battle.
    Weapons: Might and Glory (Mace and Shield), enchanted with magical protection and stamina drain
    Personality: Solifyr is a kind-hearted man with a seething hatred for anything dark and impure. He prefers to put his life on the line to save his comrades. He always prefers to trust someone initially, but will not tolerate anyone who betrays his trust.

History: Solifyr was born to a Breton father and an Imperial mother. He had a younger brother, who was presumed dead when he never returned from a voyage to High Rock. His father died in the War against the Dominion, and his mother died shortly after of disease. Orphaned and with nowhere to go, Solifyr was taken in by the Vigilent of Stendarr. He rose in ranks quickly, leading his own squad of Vigils. Disaster struck when a vampire infiltrated their ranks, posing as a new recruit. He secretly turned his entire squad and Solifyr was forced to eliminate them. The rest of the Vigilant, unaware of the situation, cast him out.
    Broken and alone again, the then 23 year old Solifyr resorted to traveling along, using his skills to eliminate daedra and undead wherever they lurked. He spent 5 years in his pursuits, until he was faced with an adversary he could not face: his own brother, Arkedon. Arkedon had not died in High Rock, he had been captured by a Necromancer and forced to kill others for the mage's projects. Arkedon spent years observing and plotting, eventually using the necromancer's own skills against him. Solifyr's oath demanded that he kill his brother for his necromantic skills, but his heart wouldn't allow him. Arkedon felt abndoned however, saying his family had left him to die. He forced Solifyr to fight. The battle was short, and Solifyr stood victorious after the dust settled. Arkedon, beaten and bloodied, retreated, vowing revenge.
    After the conflict, Solifyr retired his weapons and turned to life of pacifism as a priest of Arkay, which he continued for 15 years.

Since the Outbreak: Solifyr maintained a small shrine in the Rift woodlands. Terror insued when zombies bursted into the sanctuary. With nothing but a dagger to fend them off, he managed to end their undeath. He is now on his way to Riften to find out what is happening.
    Skills: Solifyr prefers to use a mace and shield in combat, swapping his shield for a ward/healing/turn undead spell. He is exceptionally skilled even when outnumbered.
    Strengths: Strong will, skill in battle, healing,
    Weaknesses: His past, stubbornness, mortality.

This is just one of the character choices. I will post the other CC soon

Dabiene Caristiana

Your friendly neighborhood weirdo
    Maddy! :D Severus might make an appearence in this so ohhhhh that will be funnnnn :p

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
    I like the sound of this, though I'm already in 3 RPs, though one is on hold. I might post a CC and, if I get accepted, join in a little ways in.

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
    Reforging an Empire, The Grand Adventure (whose original poster has gone missing, so it's on hold), and Gone But Not Forgotten.

Dabiene Caristiana

Dabiene Caristiana

Yup, and before anyone thinks it's a joke, look at the thread codes, the first is /20606 and the other one is /20607

I find that happening a lot with me, I double post, but I don't double post threads. Of course the server coulda been slow and accidently applied it twice but who knows. I could be talking gibberish :p Eh, Rayven will figure it out. It's all good, happens.

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    Yeah. Looks like you made the thread twice Fellow lol. And you didn't put it in Active Stories :p

Dabiene Caristiana

Technically it isn't active is it since no one posted yet and it was made yesterday! :p Oh I love being a smart arse. They were both applied yesterday at the exact same time (although 1 minute apart apparently) so it's possible it was a glitch. I so love gltches, makes life so very interesting :3

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
    Name: Bjorn the Easterner

Birthdate: 2nd of Rain's Hand, 4E 145

Race: Nord

Appearance: Bjorn is 6'4" and of large and muscular build. He has slightly brown sandy blond hair, which is unkempt and flows down to the center of his back. He has a thick, scraggly beard and mustache which cover most of his lower face. He has green eyes which are set deep into his skull, below a stern brow. His face has a weary quality, and he often frowns out of habit. His skin is tan from years spent in the desert, and it is tight and brown like light tanned leather. A large portion of his left pectoral's skin is shiny and rough from a magical burn, and he has a deep scar running down his back from the war.

Personality: Bjorn is very hard and reserved. He is slow to trust and slower to respect, due to his time with the Dunedwellers, which made him look at civilization in the east of Tamriel as soft and shallow compared to the east. He does not speak often and sometimes just communicates by expressions.

Backstory: Bjorn was born in Cyrodiil to Jon and Karina Svenson, originally from Skyrim. Jon was a longshoreman at the Imperial City's Waterfront, and Karina was an apothecary. Bjorn spent his first 6 years of life in the Imperial City; when he turned 7, his parents had saved enough money to move out of the city, to a village in the eastern countryside of Cyrodiil, where Jon worked on a farm and Karina continued her apothecary business. Jon spent the next four years there, learning how to do both manual labor and alchemy, as well as practicing using a sword. It was his dream that if he was good enough, he could join the Legion. So he practiced, and he grew.

At age 11, Bjorn and his family moved to Skyrim, settling down in Dragon Bridge. Because the hamlet was along the road to Solitude, the boy was often in contact with Legionnaires, and he grew to admire them. As he grew into a young man, he grew closer to the Legion soldiers stationed in Solitude. They would let him train with them, and this experience shaped him into a strong young warrior. He signed up for the Legion on his 18th birthday, and went through training at an accelerated rate, after which he entered service with the 7th Skyrim Legion. The group was used throughout Skyrim to fight large bandit clans and to enforce the laws, and Bjorn excelled, getting himself promoted to Quaestor in a year, and then Praefect in three more.

In 4E 171, the Great War began, and Bjorn was sent to fight off the Thalmor in Hammerfell. When the Imperial forces were defeated by the invading elves, the 7th Skyrim Legion took a brutal beating, and was pushed back to the Alik'r Desert in the March of Thirst. Bjorn's unit had been separated from the other Legion forces and pursued by Thalmor mages, which meant that as they retreated into the unfamiliar desert, they did not have any idea of their bearings. When they escaped the Thalmor, Bjorn and his fellow soldiers were completely lost in the center of a vast foreign desert.

They spent the next two years wandering in the desert, suffering from thirst, hunger, heat, and near-insanity from being in the same endless sea of sand for years; gradually, the unit was whittled away at by all these afflictions, until only Bjorn remained. As the war raged on, he tried to escape the sands, but it was futile. It was only in 4E 174 that he received a glimmer of hope, in the form of a tribe of Dunedwellers. They saw that he was ragged and weary, but they did not speak a word of Tamrielic. Still, they did not run him off when he began traveling with them. Gradually, he picked up some Dune Yoku little by little, and he started to understand Dunedweller life and culture.

A year later, the Dunedwellers ventured to the western edge of the Alik'r, and Bjorn was finally back in civilization. He found out the best way to get back to Skyrim, and set out with the Dunedwellers to cross the desert once more. When the journey was done, he left the tribe, who were camped outside of the city from which he intended on returning to Skyrim; however, an hour in civilization caused Bjorn to leave the city and return to the Dunedwellers. He had entered an inn and found the place too claustrophobic, and he had been disgusted when he learned that the Empire had signed the White-Gold Concordat.

Bjorn spent the next 15 years in Hammerfell, traveling with the Dunedwellers and adopting much of their culture. He traded his battered Legion armor for a set made of the bones of desert beasts, as well as some thick cloth robes like the native Dunedwellers wore; he traded his Imperial sword for a short bladed staff with a bone blade; and he traded the worship of the Nine Divines for that of the Dunedweller gods. He also learned some of the Dunedwellers' conjuration, alteration, and destruction magic. He ceased shaving and grooming, with the exception of bathing, and grew used to the constant coating of sand which the Dunedwellers experienced.

By the time he left the Alik'r, Bjorn considered the tribe like his family, but he decided it was time to return home. So he said goodbye at the western edge of the desert, then set out on a trek across Hammerfell to Skyrim. When he returned to the province, he was horrified to find that the Thalmor had agents throughout Skyrim. He could not stand to be around the elves who had tried to kill him, or to be in civilization, so he went to the mountains, where he built a small and secluded cabin. He stayed there most of the time, but not content to turn on his adopted nomadic ways, he would occasionally embark on a journey from his house to somewhere on the other side of the province.

As the years went by, Bjorn gradually increased his social interaction, mostly with trips to nearby Riverwood for supplies and visits to other veterans of the Great War.

Apparel/Equipment: Bone armor crafted from desert beasts, red and blue cloth robes worn under armor and hooded shawl/cloak worn over armor, bone-plated boots, cloth gloves, short wooden staff with a bone blade like a short sword on the end

Skills: One-Handed, Light Armor, Destruction, Conjuration, Alteration, Alchemy

Combat Preferences: Bjorn uses his staff in his right hand and a spell in his left. He uses his Destruction magic to attack foes and his Conjuration to raise dead foes, and he casts magical armor with his Alteration. He heals himself with his expertly crafted potions and coats his weapon in his deadly poisons.

After the invasion: Bjorn's cabin was hidden well enough that it was never found by any of the daedric beings which invaded Tamriel. During the invasion he stayed in seclusion, but with the fortification that the cities and villages have put up, he continues his trips to nearby Riverwood.

I think the backstory needs some work, but it's decent.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts