PC Eye of Magnus quest glitched

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Avalinda

EDIT: So, I did manage to get it to work!
I mean, mostly by accident. I did a few random quests and treks to kill time, probably an in-game week later I shrug and download the Magical College of Winterhold overhaul mod via the in game thingy. I didn't expect for it to fix the glitch- it certainly wasn't meant too, but the dialog and battle carried through without a problem.
Hopefully that helps, if anyone has the same issue. It was mega frustrating...

OG:
I've done this entire questline before on console, plus playthroughs, so I know how it's supposed to go.

So, I come back to winterhold, having the staff of magnus in hand, I dispatch a few vampires and a dragon who happened to be wreaking havoc on the town. All is normal.
I talk to Tolfdir and use the staff on the barrier, but it's when we enter the college and I open the gate to the Eye where Arcano is, it gets weird.
Arcano does the first batch of dialog ("And you think you can do anything about it?!"), and Tolfdir walks forward and just stands there. Selecting them gives the 'this person is busy,' and they stay like that when I leave the room, wait, fast travel, reload, etc.
I've tried using the console commands, but I'm not entire sure what commands can be used to skip the battle or cutscene. The Kill and Disable/Enabling doesn't seem to work on Arcano or Tolfdir at all, and for now, the quest is just unable to be completed.

I do have quite a few mods enabled, but none that affect the College anymore. I disabled the overhaul I had before starting the final quest initially, so that wouldn't be a problem I imagine.

Last edited:

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts