Extremely high damage swords...

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

CliffyByro

basically, i heard that its possible to craft swords with extremely high damage (300+). how is this possible and what do i need?

my character is level 52 with 100 smithing (all perks), one-handed (nearly all perks, all of them that apply to swords and all 5 levels of the first perk), speech, sneak and a few other things, im nearly at 100 for enchanting (94 i think) and i have a lot of gold currently (around 40,000) and plenty of smithing resources. my daedric armour is enchanted with fortify smithing (its not very strong though, only 20% at most, i cant remember) and i have a few fairly strong fortify smithing potions.

so, what do i need and how do i craft these weapons? i tried it before and the best i got was an 86 damage legenday dragonbone sword so i'm clearly missing something

bug7897

I've been wondering the same thing dude. Best I got for One Handed were two Legendary Dragonbone Swords with 91 damage (that was with a 50% smithing potion, 100 smithing, and some 1H skill) I don't even use them because they're ugly and unsymmetrical. I use two 84 damage (only had one of those 50% potions) Daedric swords. Waaaay more badass. But back to the question I think it's putting really powerful fortify smithing enchantments on all your armor and weapons and then using smithing potions. Along with high enchanting, smithing, etc.

Anwrise888

A very naughty naughty kinky mage....
There are more videos on youtube that can give you more info.
Just remember do not over power.

Moris

Currently: My unenchanted Skyforge steel war axe has a base of 174 and does up to 484, depending on what I'm wearing.

I have 11 perks in Alchemy, 8 perks in Enchanting, and 2 in Smithing. 100 skill level in each. I can wear boots, gauntlets, a ring, and a necklace with fortify one-handed to make the weapon reach its max. I also have 7 perks and 100 skill level in one-handed. As a result, I can kill most things with one hit or swing regardless of what one-handed weapon I pick up. It's not the sword, in this case, it's the wielder (and whatever she's wearing).

I never bothered to re-enchant the armor/jewelry to reach highest efficiency (the axe could surely do a bit more than 484) because the game is already extremely boring played this way. I usually play without wearing armor and/or by engaging in combat using skills I haven't levelled. (It takes a while to kill a cave bear with firebolt, when your destruction is level 32 and you have no perks in it).

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
I recently went over the steps for getting the build and equipment to craft the best gear without using exploits here. It was for armor but the same applies to tempering weapons. You'll also need to use the Fortify Enchanting potions you can make from there to put Fortify One-Handed Skill on some of your combat gear (the enchantment can be placed on rings and necklaces and hand and footwear). Chillrend has the highest damage potential for any sword from the game without any DLC. If you have the Dawnguard DLC then the Dragonbone sword will do more damage. I have no idea what kind of swords that the Dragonborn DLC but I wouldn't be surprised if it had one or more swords that have an even higher base damage.

Agentoringe

...I'm assuming the video link above is for the fortify resto potion exploit, that is on fact the way to achieve stupid damage on weapons, one I had forged just to test had over 13 trillion damage...yea...dumb...but that takes all the fun out of the game, don't get me wrong, one shotting things can be fun, but it takes away the challenge from the rest of the game...

WITHOUT using that exploit you can still achieve 250-300 dmg weapons but it has to be done carefully, the games soft cap is 33% bonus on your enchants for improvement (smithing and alchemy) you use a base set of 25% bonus to alchemy on ring/neck/circlet/chest/falmer helmet...the last is there bc you can apparently equip that an a circlet at the same time...then you make a set (usually 5 if your fast w your chanting) of fortify enchanting potions...then use that potion to craft a new 5 piece set of alchemy gear, it should only take like twice through this process, 3 sets of gear total, to achieve the 33% bonus on your 5 piece set...now, the real key is to have the necromage perk and e a vampire...bc of the 25% bonus it turns that 33% into 42%...make 2 sets of potions this time with your 42%* gear (*will only say 33% when you look at it but will show 42 in active effects) it should cap your enchanting potions around 56% and then your smithing potions should be around 184% n that's your best "without over doing it" way to get 2500 armor, an 250-300 damage depending on the weapon...(which 2500 armor is way too much, but it's cool anyways lol

bug7897

So from what everyone else said, basically:

1. Start your leveling and perk-investing of Alchemy and Enchanting early, along with the obvious Smithing, 2H/1H, etc.

2. With your high Alchemy skill first make a bunch of powerful "Fortify Alchemy" potions and from there even more powerful "Fortify Smithing" and "Fortify Enchanting" potions.

3. Now, with your high smithing and 2H/1H skill make your preferred weapon.

4. From here use your powerful "Fortify Smithing potions" to improve your weapons to do more damage.

5. With your new powerful weapons take your "Fortify Enchanting" potion and put as powerful an enchantment as you can on your weapon(s), maybe two if you have the skill.

6. Now not only do you have powerful weapons, but now you have powerful weapons with powerful enchantments!

7. Now for armor. Make your preferred armor (which should be powerful with your Smithing skill) and then take a "Fortify Smithing" potion before taking it to the workbench to improve.

8. Now that you have your powerful armor, it's time to enchant it! If you haven't already, find a "Fortify 1H/2H" enchantment for your armor and from there take a "Fortify Enchanting" potion before putting that "Fortify 1H/2H" on each piece of that armor you own. You might need to use multiple potions to enchant because the time for them might run out. If you want, you can even get a necklace and ring and enchant those too. With a potion, of course.

9. Now that you have powerful, enchanted weapons AND armor, go kill some people!

Word of warning: I never did what I just listed before (my swords only do 91 damage) but from what the people above me said I think this will be the way to go. In order to do this you need to focus on Alchemy and Enchanting early on in the game, and in some way also focusing on Smithing and 1H/2H. You might need to cheat a little in order to achieve that. This applies to Archery also, just invest perks into Archery instead of 1H/2H. Happy adventuring! Tell me if I missed anything.

Anwrise888

A very naughty naughty kinky mage....
...I'm assuming the video link above is for the fortify resto potion exploit, that is on fact the way to achieve stupid damage on weapons, one I had forged just to test had over 13 trillion damage...yea...dumb...but that takes all the fun out of the game, don't get me wrong, one shotting things can be fun, but it takes away the challenge from the rest of the game...

WITHOUT using that exploit you can still achieve 250-300 dmg weapons but it has to be done carefully, the games soft cap is 33% bonus on your enchants for improvement (smithing and alchemy) you use a base set of 25% bonus to alchemy on ring/neck/circlet/chest/falmer helmet...the last is there bc you can apparently equip that an a circlet at the same time...then you make a set (usually 5 if your fast w your chanting) of fortify enchanting potions...then use that potion to craft a new 5 piece set of alchemy gear, it should only take like twice through this process, 3 sets of gear total, to achieve the 33% bonus on your 5 piece set...now, the real key is to have the necromage perk and e a vampire...bc of the 25% bonus it turns that 33% into 42%...make 2 sets of potions this time with your 42%* gear (*will only say 33% when you look at it but will show 42 in active effects) it should cap your enchanting potions around 56% and then your smithing potions should be around 184% n that's your best "without over doing it" way to get 2500 armor, an 250-300 damage depending on the weapon...(which 2500 armor is way too much, but it's cool anyways lol
Thats why you don not over power man. I have deadric gauntlets that only give me 200% damage for unarmed and one-handed. It gives me like 100 damage for most of my one handed weapons. I got a enchantment for archery so it can be more realistic when you shoot a mage or bandit in the chest or knees. Heck I made pair of boots that let me carrier 3000 pounds. Less of a pain of the ass when adventuring. I got a amulet that increases my pickpocketing to 300% success. This lets you put much need perks in places you need them instead of wasting on weapon damge perks. Hell the only over powered thing I made was some boots that let me carry 100,000 pounds so its easyer to move too a new house. I have ring that lets me use infinite destruction. You can make over powered armor and infinite regeneration for you followers so they do not die. Warning though to all that use this. Limit your self like I have and your game will still be fun.

Stigweard Ruadhan

Jeg er stolt. Jeg er sterk.
Some fantastic tips in here...thank you!

It's great when you can 'piggyback' advice in a thread - just what this community is about.

Easy. You don't even need alchemy man. Alchemy takes forever to level without trainining. Anywho, this goes for any char, just level smithing via mining iron and gold/silver ore and transmute iron/silver to gold and create jewelery with the ingots. This will level smithing at a good pace. Enchanting is easier, just grab a grand soul gem and your choice of weapon and enchant it with soul trap for 1 second. That's all you need. You won't even need to charge it before you max enchanting skill you'll have a ton of charges. Buy soul gems as often as you can, even buy the filled ones if you got the dough. For max profit learn the turn undead, damage fatigue, absorb health, paralyze, or banish (especially banish) enchants asap, and smith up tons of iron daggers (or loot any npc that carries daggers like archers and wizards) and enchant them with one of those enchants. Another tip, don't worry about filling a greater soul gem with a petty soul for example if you aren't using them to charge anything. You'll still be making a huge profit (assuming you bought the soul gem). You'll be there in no time.

Ah but I digressed (digressed?) a bit, to get that kind of weapon just max enchanting get all 5 bases perks and all the perks up to extra effect. Create 4 pieces of fortify smithing gear (hands, clothes, ring, neck) with grand soul gems. Now you can improve gear 80 percent better I think it is. Optionally pop a smithing potion you should have some laying around from random loot. Now the crazy damage 300+comes from mostly fortify one handed effects on your armor. Enchanting daedric armor with fortify smithing is a big waste if you plan to wear that as your main armor. Just put fortify smithing on some crappy apparel. Daedra hearts are also very rare if you didn't know.

Ok now picture this, 4 pieces of gear (hands/boots/ring/neck) with 46 percent EACH or some shiz more damage with one handed weapons. That right there is your answer. Stock up on grand soul gems buddy :)

Warning, this method may make you extremely OP (and rich)

Oh and if you think this is ridiculous, then ignore that video above, that is pretty much exploiting alchemy. Forget alchemy, this method is more than enough to make you powerful, even on master. You'll pretty much have to play on Master by default if you do this method.

jRi0T68

I keep a backup set of extremely high % enchanted gauntlets with 2H/archery on them for the rare occasion I want to 1 hit kill a dragon. All other occasions, I wear reasonable gear to keep it challenging.

Blackdoom59

BATMAN!
You can make a legit iron sword with 500 damage just from smithing , perks and enchants.With potions you can achieve up to 900(fortify maraksmenship stacks with fortify one handed and it actually works on every weapon in the game).With a 500 damage sword you will one shot everything , the only thing that takes 2-3-4 attacks are dragons.If you want to get even more empowered you can become a vampire and use necromage , allowing your sword to reach a few thousand points of damage without the use of potions.

It gets really boring , really fast.If you want to get a boost I suggest you either use smithing and enchanting or smithing and alchemy , but don't mix them.If you want to get empowered and you are not on PC you can easily make fortify restoration pots(on PC just use console commands for god mode).I would suggest you keep your swords under 150 damage(especially if you are dual-wielding)

Agentoringe

Easy. You don't even need alchemy man. Alchemy takes forever to level without trainining. Anywho, this goes for any char, just level smithing via mining iron and gold/silver ore and transmute iron/silver to gold and create jewelery with the ingots. This will level smithing at a good pace. Enchanting is easier, just grab a grand soul gem and your choice of weapon and enchant it with soul trap for 1 second. That's all you need. You won't even need to charge it before you max enchanting skill you'll have a ton of charges. Buy soul gems as often as you can, even buy the filled ones if you got the dough. For max profit learn the turn undead, damage fatigue, absorb health, paralyze, or banish (especially banish) enchants asap, and smith up tons of iron daggers (or loot any npc that carries daggers like archers and wizards) and enchant them with one of those enchants. Another tip, don't worry about filling a greater soul gem with a petty soul for example if you aren't using them to charge anything. You'll still be making a huge profit (assuming you bought the soul gem). You'll be there in no time.

Ah but I digressed (digressed?) a bit, to get that kind of weapon just max enchanting get all 5 bases perks and all the perks up to extra effect. Create 4 pieces of fortify smithing gear (hands, clothes, ring, neck) with grand soul gems. Now you can improve gear 80 percent better I think it is. Optionally pop a smithing potion you should have some laying around from random loot. Now the crazy damage 300+comes from mostly fortify one handed effects on your armor. Enchanting daedric armor with fortify smithing is a big waste if you plan to wear that as your main armor. Just put fortify smithing on some crappy apparel. Daedra hearts are also very rare if you didn't know.

Ok now picture this, 4 pieces of gear (hands/boots/ring/neck) with 46 percent EACH or some shiz more damage with one handed weapons. That right there is your answer. Stock up on grand soul gems buddy :)

Warning, this method may make you extremely OP (and rich)

Oh and if you think this is ridiculous, then ignore that video above, that is pretty much exploiting alchemy. Forget alchemy, this method is more than enough to make you powerful, even on master. You'll pretty much have to play on Master by default if you do this method.

For one, there is no fortify alchemy potions...for two... That^^^^ must be the "po-boy" OP recipe...if your gonna do something, go all the way with it, don't half ass it...otherwise you will always have that sense of "I could be better" when playing and that right there is more than enough to take the fun out of it...I mean...if you can "settle" for that level of mediocrity then more power to ya, lol but being awesome is being awesome, there's no replacing it with a "almost as good" idea...

In short, don't skip alchemy, it's very useful, more than worth the time invested, and it's just awesome...lol poisons, potions, boosts...and it levels itself the better potions you craft...

Fastest way to grind money (that I've found) get to white run, spend the 2-300 gold on carriage rides to all the holds, so then you have access to all the shops an inventory you could need, then start from a point and go raid all the bandit camps surrounding, pick up everything you can carry that at least has value = to 10x it's weight...then go back and sell it, pick up mushrooms/ bugs/stuff for potions in between...then save, turn off the Xbox and then restart it, make sure you have to sign back in, then go back into the game...the game itself tracks your play time, but when you sign out and turn it off it resets the in game clock, meaning it resets the world, so instead of having to wait 30 in game days to re farm everything you can just do it again, lol and after you get all that mullah, go clean out the soul gems and alchemy shops, the. Male your potions, bc once you can make fortify restoration potions 40% and up, and have at least 15% bonus alchemy enchants on gear, ALL you need for money is alchemy...the potions you make sell for anywhere from 2-20k a piece...of course nobody can buy the 20k ones, but you see my point...an the grinds through the bandits level your magic/weapons/armor/etc...

there are more boring ways to make more gold alot faster than this method, but this is probably the most fun...oh and on a side note...

Abacian Longfin+salt pile=fortify resto potion

Blue butterfly wing+snow berries= fortify enchanting

Glowing mushrooms+saber cat claw=fortify smithing potion

Those are some starter ingredients, there are 2 more for each potion and using 3 that make the same potion makes it stronger...the rest is up to you lol hope this helps some man...

For one, there is no fortify alchemy potions...for two... That^^^^ must be the "po-boy" OP recipe...if your gonna do something, go all the way with it, don't half ass it...otherwise you will always have that sense of "I could be better" when playing and that right there is more than enough to take the fun out of it...I mean...if you can "settle" for that level of mediocrity then more power to ya, lol but being awesome is being awesome, there's no replacing it with a "almost as good" idea...

In short, don't skip alchemy, it's very useful, more than worth the time invested, and it's just awesome...lol poisons, potions, boosts...and it levels itself the better potions you craft...

Fastest way to grind money (that I've found) get to white run, spend the 2-300 gold on carriage rides to all the holds, so then you have access to all the shops an inventory you could need, then start from a point and go raid all the bandit camps surrounding, pick up everything you can carry that at least has value = to 10x it's weight...then go back and sell it, pick up mushrooms/ bugs/stuff for potions in between...then save, turn off the Xbox and then restart it, make sure you have to sign back in, then go back into the game...the game itself tracks your play time, but when you sign out and turn it off it resets the in game clock, meaning it resets the world, so instead of having to wait 30 in game days to re farm everything you can just do it again, lol and after you get all that mullah, go clean out the soul gems and alchemy shops, the. Male your potions, bc once you can make fortify restoration potions 40% and up, and have at least 15% bonus alchemy enchants on gear, ALL you need for money is alchemy...the potions you make sell for anywhere from 2-20k a piece...of course nobody can buy the 20k ones, but you see my point...an the grinds through the bandits level your magic/weapons/armor/etc...

there are more boring ways to make more gold alot faster than this method, but this is probably the most fun...oh and on a side note...

Abacian Longfin+salt pile=fortify resto potion

Blue butterfly wing+snow berries= fortify enchanting

Glowing mushrooms+saber cat claw=fortify smithing potion

Those are some starter ingredients, there are 2 more for each potion and using 3 that make the same potion makes it stronger...the rest is up to you lol hope this helps some man...
Ah you play Xbox, I see where you're coming from now :D

My method isn't half assing it, it's the sweet spot method. Not broken and not weak either. If I want to break the game like you want to I can just open the console and type /tgm, so I have no desire to use the alchemy/enchanting/smithing loop.

I never said there were fortify alchemy potions, I said there was fortify alchemy enchantments that you can learn and apply to your apparel that will make your potions twice as strong. Enchanting>alchemy

Also grinding the world like you said, doing the same dungeons and farming the same areas over and over again sounds.. well rather grindy. I just play the game, soul trap a wolf or something (with a sweet kill animation) and I just made 1000+gold with that petty soul. Faster and more fun. I don't even try to make money in this game and it just comes (grinding money, what's that?), until I get bored cleaning out the vendors every time I visit a city...

Alchemy is fun it's my favorite crafting skill but it can be exploited so easily with the fortify restoration potion glitch (I've never used it as I never felt the need to become more powerful). My point originally was the OP doesn't need that skill at all to get the damage he wants and the power that comes with it. If you were on pc you wouldn't feel the need to exploit that glitch or whatever it is (never even used it) when you can just enter a command to get what you want. For me anyway, smithing and enchanting are my final destination skills in terms of gear progression and alchemy I do for fun to see what new effects I can discover and then sell the potions when I'm bored (though I have Prowlers profit so I don't even need to sell the potions since the gems bankrupt every city I visit heh).

Agentoringe

lol nah, the alchemy potions was to a quote earlier, not to you, lol I just didn't want to take up an entire page on the thread to quote it too lol, and yeah, I play on both console and pc, just bc I like the armor mods and texture mods you can't get for console, but even on of the most extensive commands I ever use was to add 5k gold lol I mean, I played around with stuff, but I don't just cap everything off w the advskill command, I like the challenge and playing it through without being over leveled an OP, I did pick up the Tera armors and weapons mod this past week, it's pretty sweet, and I use a mod called skyrim monster mod, it adds around 2-300 new monsters to the game, all with behavior patterns, except they don't have the level cap at 50-55 like most of skyrim does (I think the only things now are alduin at 65, legendary dragons at 72 and the ebony warrior at level 80...) they level all the way up w you...and they are tough...plus they have increased stats based on the mode your playing, novice apprentice etc...I totally agree to limiting yourself, even to the point of handicapping my character to extremes to see of I can pull it off...such as not using ANY offensive (damage dealing) spells/no summons or raised dead...or only using the fork and knife for weapons, or doing everything unarmed...lots of stuff, but if some ppl get thier rocks by 1 shotting things with basic attacks then more power to em lol,

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts