• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
Ok, since the "salmon roe" ingredient appear the most expensive potions past the giant's toe by far.
I have made a potion of waterbreeding of $5000, with salmon roe, nordic barnacle and garlic.

The problem is, who you're gonna sell it? the ghostbusters? no.

There is no point in making absurdably expensive potions since no merchant has more than $1000, with all the speech perk tree completed.

Since I have a lot of these potions, what do you recommend me to do?

LucasNL

You can go to different vendors and sell them for 1000 gold (or whatever they have), just do't sell anything else before.

Twiffle

with the investor perk in the speech tree you can invest 500 into the Riverwood trader and he will have 11,000 gold to trade with.

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary
Ok, since the "salmon roe" ingredient appear the most expensive potions past the giant's toe by far.
I have made a potion of waterbreeding of $5000, with salmon roe, nordic barnacle and garlic.

The problem is, who you're gonna sell it? the ghostbusters? no.

There is no point in making absurdably expensive potions since no merchant has more than $1000, with all the speech perk tree completed.

Since I have a lot of these potions, what do you recommend me to do?
like twiffle said you can use the lucan bug and make him have 11500 gold, however if your like me with potions that still isn't enough.
once your potions reach such a high value, make sure you have the merchant perk from the speech tree, this allows yo to sell potions to any merchant, you can then use potions as your currency, if your potions worth 5000 and they have 1000 just buy things until they have 4500+, like filled grand soul gems, enchanted items, lockpicks, etc etc
With your potions you really have no need for actually carrying coin ever again.

Salmon roe can be harvested from the salmon jumping up the waterfalls( tricky but worth it) |Always adds a lot to the selling price. Wipes out any merchant's gold in a single transaction. Riverwood Trader is best guy especially with Speech perk.

Salmon roe can be harvested from the salmon jumping up the waterfalls( tricky but worth it) |Always adds a lot to the selling price. Wipes out any merchant's gold in a single transaction. Riverwood Trader is best guy especially with Speech perk.

yes, or you can harvest one sample and put it in the hatchery, and you will have a constant supply of salmon roe

note: you have to kill the salmon and then harvest to get the salmon roe, if you take them alive you will only get salmon meat

ambiiientz

^Agree... Once you hit lvl 50 in training the price sky rockets. Having some expensive potions to sell comes in handy.

MadSat

Well, three things here. First, if you have the Dragonborn DLC, you can find traders who are also trainers. That's handy and makes expensive potions easy to sell for value. Second, stupidly expensive potions make it very easy to level the speech skill, even faster than the bug in the Riften brewery used to level it. Just trade them an expensive potion, buy it back (will all your perks going OFC), then dicker about a bit with intermediate items, then sell and buy back two, etc. You can easily put 30 or 40 points on speech in ten minutes, walk out with all your gold and only down three or so pots. I suspect that's the whole point of stupid expensive pots - I usually do this at the potion shop in Whiterun. Third, a tip: to amass salmon roe easily, use a bow to shoot the salmon as they jump. You get a salmon with roe, and a free floating roe for two roe per hit. You are that good with a bow, right? :) It's a bit of a pain, but so is every other means of gathering roe, except building a house with a fish hatchery and shouting at the fish. Which is a lot of trouble just to level alchemy.

Manmangler

Near solitude, you can get salomon roe for Shooting arrow in salomon (Wont work always) or shouting salomon to death. You can try those other places, work but not in near whiterun.

MjolnirV

xDoctor Bob

What? Is some sort of Argonian witchcraft? :confused:

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination
Potion of Waterbreathing

AARS.png

These potions worth at least up to 1200 Septims each. If your speech and alchemy level is higher, so is the price. The effect of this potion, is being able to breath underwater for an X amount of seconds, increased Magicka and restore Stamina.
Pros: - This makes you rich fast.
- It increases your alchemy level rapidly.
Cons: - Ingredients are very difficult to come by.
- It is difficult to find a trader who can afford this potion. Usually you end up buying their merchandise just to be able to sell yours. This reduces the profit you make of it.

HISTCARP:
Fish appear at fish spawning sites. Each spawning site generates up to three fish, which are randomly selected from various types of fish. In ponds, histcarp have a 20% chance of appearing; in deeper water, histcarp have a 14% chance of appearing. There are 691 spawning sites in 128 different locations. Locations with the greatest numbers are:
SALMON ROE:
Salmon Roe can be found in interior locations such as a player-built home and can be harvested from jumping salmon in streams. The player must stand in a stream or waterfall in order to catch the salmon that jump up. This can be a long and frustrating job that not everybody likes to do.

NOTE:
Garlic, Chicken's Egg, Nordic Barnacle, Salmon Roe and Histcarp are all the ingredients that can be used for this potion. Letting one out or adding another, has influence on the effect and the price of the potion.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Source:
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Waterbreathing_(effect)
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Histcarp
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Salmon_Roe

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
with the investor perk in the speech tree you can invest 500 into the Riverwood trader and he will have 11,000 gold to trade with.
Riverwood has never had more than average for me. I believe that glitch was fixed in the last updates. I've had the game since March of 2013 and the DLC's since May and he has never had more than 750 (then 1250 once I invest then 2000+ once I get that perk). It would have been nice if he had, but, never has he had that kind of cash on hand for me.

Lucid

Riverwood has never had more than average for me. I believe that glitch was fixed in the last updates. I've had the game since March of 2013 and the DLC's since May and he has never had more than 750 (then 1250 once I invest then 2000+ once I get that perk). It would have been nice if he had, but, never has he had that kind of cash on hand for me.

Yeah, that went away with a patch a long time ago. Now I give a small disappointed sigh in remembrance every time I go in there.

But I don't feel like everything needs sold for full price. I can't get the full amount for my high-dollar potions just like I can't for my hand crafted, enchanted ebony or dragon armor and weapons. But the high value levels those skills up more quickly, which is usually more valuable to me than gold. So I sell them for whatever the merchants have on hand (after I buy all their crafting goods) and feel like I'm helping the economy of a war-torn country.

ColleenG

When in doubt, follow the fox.
Waterbreeding? How does that work? haha, anyway. Don't you ever buy training from people? Heck, I buy $10k or more training from some people. It would be easy to unload that potion to them.

Manmangler

Potion of Waterbreathing

View attachment 18362

These potions worth at least up to 1200 Septims each. If your speech and alchemy level is higher, so is the price. The effect of this potion, is being able to breath underwater for an X amount of seconds, increased Magicka and restore Stamina.
Pros: - This makes you rich fast.
- It increases your alchemy level rapidly.
Cons: - Ingredients are very difficult to come by.
- It is difficult to find a trader who can afford this potion. Usually you end up buying their merchandise just to be able to sell yours. This reduces the profit you make of it.
When you get speech high enough and some perks, you can sell anything to any merchants (Other times is running zig zag in right order). First some mininig, hunting, flower picking and some dwemer ruins (Soul gems). So I buy iron ignots sell potions to get back my money. Buy soulgems and sell potions. Make some magic daggers. Buy alchemy stuff and sell daggers. Make some potions and start all over again. Now You get circle of skill rising and money making. I get always very fast Alchemy, Smithing, Enhancting and barter in high levels.

Giant toe, bluebutterfly wing and blue mountain flower is good, because You can find those near whiterun (But You have to Kill some GIANTS without dying :) ).

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts