Explore 'The Art of Skyrim' in New Video

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Shawn Hopkins

If it's one thing about the world of Skyrim that impressed and still manages to impress me, it's how much beauty there is to be found. And not beauty that comes from pushing a bunch of polygons, which will always fade. Instead it's beauty that comes from just how well-designed and authentic the game feels as a place.

In his new video Olivier Leclair explores the art that went into making Skyrim look so gorgeous, matching locales with the concept art that inspired and guided them. It's interesting to see how much some of these early versions evolved and how different they could look, but also how much of the general feeling actually came through in the designs of others.

Olvier has also done similar videos for games including The Last of Us and The Witcher.
View the Post on the Blog

JoeReese

Interesting. A lot of beauty there. I just noticed, in the concept art at about 3:55, viking swords. I wonder why they opted away from them.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts