PS3 Experiencing quiet abit of lag, How to fix?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

TheLonelyWolve

My precious
Last night I experienced a fair amount of lag when playing skyrim, im only at 5100kb with the save file, thats not even much, or even enough to cause lag. Would it be the DLC's, I was going to get dawnguard today but im afraid it will lag even more, this morning it wasnt too bad, but still abit there.

Maybe my ps3 was abit overheated but I dont see that causing it, and abit smudged on the disc.

Ive heard people have uninstalled stuff on skyrim and reinstalled to fix problems like that, if so how do I do that without deleting my save?

junta

You can uninstall the game data and it wont uninstall your save data. If you would like more assurance, you can back up your save data. This helped me with some patches, but I have yet to encounter any significant lag with the DLC's on a 13MB save file. Well, significant lag not due to the Stalwart Dwarven Sphere, anyways.

TheLonelyWolve

My precious
13MB, but that would be like... 130kb? I thought 1000kb = 100MB, which the game basically starts off with 4000kb.

Anyway, how do I uninstall game data, and back up save data.?

Edit: So, I just searched it, and well I thought wrong, 1000kb = 1 mb, just like 1000mb = gb, Should have realised that. :eek:. SO im pretty much running at 5 mb,...well then that isnt even near to nothing at all for experiencing lag.

AARRGGH! NO! YOU DIDN'T HAVE TO UNINSTALL IT!

Skyrim on PS3 does this all the time. You just have to restart your system. It increases dramatically with the DLC, but you just have to restart.

junta

Its possible that he didn't have to, but he asked for instructions on how to do so.

About this restarting issue, though. I have never had to do so due to lag and I have all the DLC's. Does this have to do with anything else besides the fact that we are using the same brand of console, perhaps?

TheLonelyWolve

My precious
No need for caps.

Well, It didnt do much with uninstalling it, and restarting doesnt work. my ps3 heats up abit after afew hours, so letting it cool down for 15 minutes helps.

junta

Is it still one of the "Fat" PS3's? That did happen to me while playing New Vegas on an older console. Might be a hardware issue.

scarey

Lagging on PS3 can be caused by too much littering. Don't drop stuff all over the place as the game has to track it. If you don't want it pop it in a container or sell it.
My game save is now about 13MB, I never have lagging problems and I'm on a four year old fat thing.

TheLonelyWolve

My precious
Welll, I dont know its make, other than I bought it around 6 months ago, 160gb.

When I started experiencing problems, All I had done was locate lots of places, I was only wearing ragged robes and didnt pick up or drop anything.

I havent experienced it as much, only when I have been on it for awhile.

TheLonelyWolve

My precious
It's not all the time, I doesnt happen when I turn t on and start playing, rather, a small bit throughout game play, then around after 2 hours while im on it starts, maybe its overheating.

(Sounds just like my laptop)

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary
It's not all the time, I doesnt happen when I turn t on and start playing, rather, a small bit throughout game play, then around after 2 hours while im on it starts, maybe its overheating.

(Sounds just like my laptop)

This happens to me too, it's after the game has been on for 2+ hours, it's easy to stop, just quit game and restart. There's no way to fix it completely though but it's not really a huge problem.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts