Ex-Vigilant of Stendarr build

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Riven326

Hello everyone. This is my first character build and is a more progressive version of the Vigilant of Stendarr build.

First and foremost, being an ex-member of the organization provides a great chance to role play right out of the gate. Perhaps you didn't agree with all the rules and wanted to start a guild of your own. Or maybe leaving wasn't entirely your choice and you were forced to flee to Skyrim. Either way, there are many paths here. Let your imagination wander!

Preferred races: Any. Although keep in mind that Nords start with a 50% resistance to frost and Bretons start with a 25% resistance to all magic.

Skills: Archery [Crossbows], Alteration, Restoration, Destruction [Fire], One-handed [Sword/Mace], Smithing, Heavy Armor, Enchantment. Note: Destruction could be swapped with Conjuration. Summoning Daedra if you want a REALLY progressive build. Bound weapons make for a good middleground.

Stones: Mage stone first. Lord stone at higher levels.

Equipment: The standard novice (or higher) mage robes (hood is optional) of Alteration/Restoration with Steel Plate Boots and Gauntlets. Maybe your character is sentimental. If not, then wearing a full suit of Heavy Armor would suffice and the Alteration skill would be less important.

Factions to join: The College of Winterhold is a must. The Thieves Guild could be made to work, but the Companions Guild would be tough since the inner circle are werewolves. The only guild that would be truly off limits would be The Dark Brotherhood. If you have Dawnguard installed, be sure to join the Dawnguard faction.

Anyway, that's what I got so far. If you have any comments or suggestions, please feel free to share. :D

khazan99

Semi-professional cabbage collector
I always liked the Vigilants quite a bit. I remember the first time I ever encountered a pair of them whilst walking from Whiterun to Rorikstead - I thought they were quite impressive. Sad that Bethesda ran out of time (or whatever the proper explanation might be) and didn't include them as a playable faction for your character.

Looks like a fun build for roleplaying or even a 'regular' playthrough; nice idea!

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American
Seems awesome! and good you have found the place :)

AS88

Staff member

Joker

Cook, Wine Taster, Scotch Taster, Adventure Seeker
I would think that the Companions could be joined, for the Wolf Armor & the Skyforge Steel Batteaxe, but then leave when you find out about the werewolves.......but we all play differently.... :D

KittenNinja

I really like this build and I would really recommend a mod called Agent of Righteous Might for this build. In this mod you become a Vigilant of Stendarr and go undercover in a Mythic Dawn Cult. This mod could add a lot of fun and immersion to this build, but that's just my two cents.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts