• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Zelda

Princess of Hyrule
    The day was long and tiresome, but the young woman did enjoy its gifts. The young woman was average height for a nordic breton, with stunning blue eyes and mysteriously youthful white hair. She was definitely a beauty to see, and stood out of the crowds with her intricately designed armor and blue scarf. She did not do this on purpose, though.

She entered the Whiterun, waving to the front guard.

"Nice to see you again, Miss Ildrose." The guard spoke.

She gave a warm smile and a wave to the fellow guard. "It is nice to see you as well, sir. I am glad to be here safe and sound." she spoke kindly, walking into the city.

She had left very early in the morning, right at dawn, to do some trading farther away. She had found a family heirloom and found who it belonged to; thus she returned it, and was able to get a reward of some septims.

While her day was busy, and she wanted to rest, the day was not yet over. She made it to her household, unlocking the door and entering to smell the leftover embers that have long since cooled. Above was cold soup, cooked earlier that morning after she left, waiting to be warmed once again.

Valencia added some wood and started the fire before walking upstairs to put away her new items she obtained on her trip. She then made sure to put away ingredients she gathered on her trip, and returned to the kitchen. Carefully, she transferred the soup into a bowl, sat down, and began reading a book.

She passed quite some time relaxing in the chair next to the crackling fire, eating her soup and reading. It was a great way for her to relax and not fall asleep. The intelligent young woman loved to read, and was currently reading The Cake and the Diamond by Athyn Muendil. The knightly woman had thought about writing a few novels, both fiction and nonfiction, but thought she should wait until her elder years.

Finally, after finishing her dinner, she cleaned up her area and placed the book back on the shelf that was overflowing with books. Despite having ate her meal, she was still open for some social interaction and perhaps a sweet treat. It was a fairly long hiatus since she had anything sweet of taste.

She left her home, locking the door, and began to walk towards the Drunken Huntsman.

Archer Drake

Parkour Enthusiast
    Raven strode into the Drunken Huntsman, greeted by the elf stationed at the counter.

"Evening," Raven replied flatly. "What do you have for sale?"

The Elf grinned, "Plenty of things. I'm sure you'll find something useful."

"Any recommendations?"

"Well, no soldier should be without a bow; and, lucky for you, I have just recieved a shipment of the finest elven bows."

"I don't want a bow."

"I insist. They are excellent for stealth."

"I told you, I don't want a bow."

"Oh, don't be so stubborn. I can easily see the scabbard your sword rests in is attached to a strap designed to also carry a bow and quiver."

"It did. But I have no interest in a bow. I cannot use them."

"Nonsense, I'll throw in a free lesson if you buy one. Here, let me show you how to hold it." As the Elf spoke, he grabbed a bow from beneath the counter and made to put it in Raven's left hand. He brushed away Raven's shoulder cloak and froze, seeing nothing where Raven's left arm should have been.

Raven stepped back, and readjusted his cloak to hide the injury, "I told you. I can't use a damn bow."

"I-I'm terribly sorry. Please forgive me."

"Yea, sure. I think we're done here."

"Sir, I apologize. Please, take a look at my wares. Let me make it up to you with a discount."

"You hard of hearing, Elf? I said we're done, dammit!," Raven yelled, walking away from the counter.

He strode to one of the tables and sat down, idly reading a book about ice wraiths, trying to remain calm.

Zelda

Princess of Hyrule
    The chilly breeze of Skyrim twirled her hair, the young woman pushing the door open to the welcoming tavern.

"Good evening, sir"
    the cheery blue-eyed female spoke, the Elf behind the counter giving a smile as well. "Welcome, lass. Anything specific you are looking for?"

Valencia walked forward to the counter, pondering for a moment. She wanted something sweet, as it was a bit of a long time since she's had something sweet.

"Just a long taffy treat, please." She spoke softly, nodding her head. "Is that all you need? Are you sure you wouldn't like other food items, or perhaps something else?" He asked. "No thank you - just the treat, please."

With that, she gave him the necessary gold, and it return, was handed the pink long taffy treat. "Thank you." She had her own water with her, and was in no mood to become even the slightest of drunk.

Looking around, her blue eyes saw many chattering along. However, she saw a man reading alone. Of course, she didn't want to bother him, as she knew she became very engulfed in books. But again, she did enjoy talking about the books she read.

She walked over and sat down at the same table as the male, but not right beside him to give him space. She ripped off a piece of her taffy and placed it in her mouth, tasting the rare sweet flavors it possessed.

Her eyes wandered about, simply observing. They came back to the male at the same table, seeing he was reading a book about Ice Wraiths.

"Ah I read that book; Ice Wraiths are such interesting elemental spirits... aren't they?" Her voice was soft and calm, yet kind enough for an attempt at a gentle conversation. She wore a soft smile, looking over to the male with gentleness; a rarity for someone with armor and weapons.

Archer Drake

Parkour Enthusiast
    Raven noticed another patron walk into the Drunken Huntsman out of the corner of his eye as he read, but he paid little mind to her as she ordered a taffy treat from the Elf.

That is, until she decided to sit down across from him. Raven turned his attention back to the book but the woman soon inquired about Ice Wraiths. Rave gave a slight moment of pause, closing the book and setting it aside. There was something vaguely familiar about the woman's voice, but he couldn't place it.

Raven shook the thought from his head as he cast back his hood, "Interesting? I haven't heard anyone call an Ice Wraith interesting." He chuckled, "Personally, I find Ice Wraiths annoying. They're quick and difficult to hit at times. I was hoping this book would have a few valuable tips for defeating them, but it's nothing more than a braggarts bloated story about how he claims he killed several."

Raven finally looked the woman in the face, surprised momentarily at her elegant features. Light blue eyes, fair skin, and wavy white hair. She was easy on the eyes, that was for sure, but that wasn't surprising. What caught Raven off guard was the fact that he'd seen those exact features on someone before. But who?

Zelda

Princess of Hyrule
    The young woman was pleased to hear the male respond, and not give a snarky remark like she experienced a few other times with others in her past, and watched him place the book aside. She nodded her head to the male, agreeing with his statement.

"I agree. They are a fair bit bothersome at times; and the author... you explain well." A brighter smile appeared on her face. "I find them interesting because of what they are. I read in a book that claims they are elemental spirits that rise from Nirn... no matter what they are, their manifestations and ability to wield the power of frost is extraordinary."

Her voice was, as usual, gentle and kind. She ripped off a small piece of her taffy, placing it in her mouth. She then tore a much larger piece of it off, and held it out to the male. "Would you care for some taffy?" she asked sweetly, smiling a bit.

The man seemed... familiar, somehow. She was unsure who he was, and did not recognize him at all. For some odd reason, she could not shake away the feeling of past memories... perhaps he was merely a person she walked by one day, and spoke once to. Perhaps a person of the past?

Either way, she simply treated him as a stranger who she was willing to converse with.

Archer Drake

Parkour Enthusiast
    Raven listened as the woman spoke, nodding his head. Ice Wraiths were rather unusual, and their tangible form was unique. The woman had a point there.

Raven shook his head as the woman offered a piece of her taffy, "I'm fine, thanks."

He paused, "So what brings you to Skyrim, or were you born here?"

Zelda

Princess of Hyrule
    While the man did refuse her offer, she knew very well that she too had to be in the mood for sweets to eat any. She tore another small piece of taffy, placing it in her mouth, and taking a drink of water from her canteen.

She smiled a bit, glancing away as she closed her canteen.

"I was not born here; rather, I was born in Highrock." she began, bringing her eyes back to the male.

"To keep my story short, and to not bore you with details I'm sure you wish not to know, I served as a Knight of the Rose in Wayrest. I am here in Skyrim to... help." she stated, pausing before her final word. She did not mention what she was most well-known for, as Valencia the Brave, and all of her quests and adventures as a knight. He was still a stranger, and she did not know much about him.

"A lot of Tamriel is... is, broken. Evil, everywhere... I noticed here a lot in Skyrim..." Her sentence trailed off a bit, her eyes looking off to a distance in space.

"Peace cannot live without war, and vise versa. But..." she paused again, looking downward towards the fire. "....I cannot change Tamriel, but I can change the little things. And if helping those who need it in Skyrim makes just a small portion of peoples' lives better... it is worth it." Her eyes returned to the male, before she gave a somewhat bashful smile and shook her head.

"Oh dear I am rambling on! My apologies, heh!"

Archer Drake

Parkour Enthusiast
    Raven sat back in his chair as they spoke, picking apart what the woman said. Trying to change Skyrim, what a foolish ideal. She sounds a lot like...

"Wait, did you say the Knights of the Rose? In Wayrest? I..." Raven was cut short as a hefty Nord man stormed into the Drunken Huntsman, his hand wrapped in a bandage. The same Nord Raven fought in the Bannered Mare. Here we go again, Raven thought in annoyance.

The man stood in the doorway of the Huntsman, his eyes scanning the surprised patrons that stared at him. His eyes landed on Raven, and the man reddened in anger.

"Raven!" he roared.

"By the god damn divines you are a persistent one, Styrr," Raven said rising from his seat.

"You couldn't beat me in a fair fight, and I will not let you humiliate me in public, Raven!"

"Fine then,"
    Raven said cooly. In a flash Raven drew a throwing knife and launched it at Styrr. The blade buried itself in the mans leg. Raven hopped up and banked off the wall, kicking Styrr in the head as he passed over him, landing next to the fire pit.

Enraged, Styrr charged Raven, making to tackle him into the fire. Raven laughed and in one swift motion, sidestepped Styrr's charge, pulled the knife out of his leg, and tripped the man into the fire. Raven waited ten seconds as the man writhed in the fire before pullng the man out and smothering the flames. Instead of helping the man up, Raven cracked the man's jaw and knocked him out.

"I swear, if the Black Knights saw you try that Styrr, you would be dead in an instant," Raven sighed. He wiped his knife on Styrr's clothes, and tossed a small coin purse at the shop owner.

"This should cover all the damages. For the record, this pathetic man instigated the fight. It was not my idea."

The Elf nodded, "Of course."

"Good," Raven said coldy. He turned back to the woman,

"Nice to see you again, Valencia. I'm sorry I had to cut our conversation short." Raven gave her a wicked grin before turning away and heading for the door. She obviously didn't recognize him, but she was smart enough to put the clues together.

Zelda

Princess of Hyrule
    Before she could listen to the entirety of his response, someone burst in enraged over something, or someone - this someone, being the male in front of her.

The name he shouted is what caught her attention.

While she wanted to stop the fight and create the peace she longed for, she was wise enough to know that it was something insignificant and she needed not to intrude for that time.

She watched the agility and skill Raven had, and it seemed all too familiar. Most of the patrons were watching now, most amused by it.

Overall, the young woman was surprised by how much his personality changed so quickly - it was ruthless. It saddened her a bit, but she understood his reasoning... slightly. The coin purse was tossed to the elven man, and the male faced her once more.

Valencia? Nice to see me again? How does he...-?

He had already begun to head for the door, the patrons now minding their own business, and her mind racing; thinking. Raven... Raven... Again... It then hit her. He looked so different though... and acted differently...

Her blue eyes turned to the book he left on the table, to which she grabbed, and quickly followed him to catch up, placing a hand on his shoulder in attempt to turn him around.

"What happened?"

Her voice was soft once again, filled with a bit of concern. He was much different; too much. She held his book in her arm, the other hand still on his shoulder. Her vivid blue eyes gently locked with his, trying to understand... him.

Archer Drake

Parkour Enthusiast
    Raven was just about to open the door when a hand landed on his shoulder. He turned to face Valencia, locking eyes for a brief moment.

"What happened?," she asked, hints of concern playing at her voice. Ah, so she figured it out.

"What happened?" Raven laughed, "I'm surprised that such an accomplished knight such as yourself hasn't heard yet." He met Valencia's gaze for another moment before brushing her hand off and opening the door.

"Well. I'll give you the short version. Everyone's dead. The Knights, my family, everyone. I lost an arm, and the crown kicked me out of service." Raven spoke over his shoulder as he walked out of the tavern.

One of the few things the past few years hadn't taken from him was his memory. He remembered every detail in perfect clarity. Every. Single. One. And they all came rushing back as he exited the tavern.

Raven scaled the city's wall and sat cross-legged at the top, looking out at the rolling plains surrounding Whiterun. He'd been in Skyrim for almost two years now, and the losses still felt as fresh as ever. Damn his memory.

Zelda

Princess of Hyrule
    While she was a knight of honor, she seemed to have missed some history down the line. While he did laugh, he stopped, before brushing her hand away.

Then the depressing words flowed from his mouth to her ears in ripples of pain and suffering. It was not a thing for him to laugh about... yet he did. And it was said so.... emotionless.

She stood at the door, watching it close, her hand still holding the book. Everyone he's ever loved is dead? He lost his arm and lost his knighthood?

Valencia knew many awful things happen every day, but it seemed all that was filled in his life was dread. She herself had lost family members and fellow friends, but never to the extent of Raven. Nor has she lost any parts of her body, nor her knighthood. She couldn't fathom how he could feel. While she could not be empathetic, she could be sympathetic.

She exited the tavern, looking around for him. She still had to return his book; an excuse, in a sense, to speak once more. She wandered around, searching in the evening light. Finally she caught the glimpse of the man, sitting atop the walls of Whiterun.

She opened the door to one of the guard holds, before walking up the stairs. She then jumped over the wall of the walkway, walking atop the actual wall.

She was a bit worrisome that she was bothersome, but she still wanted to make sure he was in a calm state of mind.
    "You left your book." Her voice was still soft, as was her gesture holding out the book to him.

Last edited:

Kivuli_The_Khajit

Werewolf Queen of Skyrim
    (Okay, sudden derailment. Can work with it.)

A grey Khajiiti female is already lounging on the wall, waiting for word from her brother. To see if his little Guild-Brotherhood cave run was sucessful. She's in the black robes set, hood up to protect her eyes from the blinding sun. Fur was a pale grey color, muzzle/belly/chest/paws snow white, and wavy tiger-like striping a slightly darker grey. Hair long in hues of purple. Her ear twitches, hearing Raven and Valencia. "So, have fun blowing off that peasant girl?" She sneers, smirking. She'd seen his interactions after he left the Bannered Mare.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts