• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Zelda

Princess of Hyrule
    I don't see why not! Everything sounds really good! The opening to the roleplay sounds perfect as well!

Archer Drake

Parkour Enthusiast
    Ok, so Kivuli and I were talking over Skype and I think we've come up with a better idea.

Here's what we have:
    ============================================
    So Kivuli and White-Wolf are contracted to kill a man that has been kidnapping and killing people from cities. They have also brought in the Nightingale Trinity, so that they can steal whatever they want from this guy, to make an example out of him.

They track this guy to a city (I don't think we've figured out which yet) where he kidnaps Eilonwy. However, Kivuli and White-Wolf can't openly confront the man, nor can they kill him, because part of their contract revolves around rescuing one of the people he has kidnapped.

So everyone tracks this guy to his hideout, where Kivuli and Wolf kill him and rescue Eilonwy (not to say that she can't fight on her own). After going through the creep's hideout, they come across a room with a nasty examination table and a bunch of cages.

Most of the cages have corpses in them, but one of them as the person Kivuli and Wolf are looking for, and another has my new character, Rialas, inside.

We figure that it's a good way to introduce most of the characters in a reasonable way.

What do you think, Zelda?

Archer Drake

Parkour Enthusiast
    Rialas Oakthorn Character Card

75d574963266082d98bd8aa8b2f81364.jpg

Name: Rialas Oakthorn (Re-all-as)

Nicknames: Falcon

Race: Refers to himself as a “Tree Lizard.” (Argonian and Bosmer hybrid)

Height: 5’ 5”

Weight: 145 pounds

Sexuality: Straight

Laterality: Right-Handed

APPEARANCE

Scale Color: Dull Bronze

Eyes: Brilliant Azure

Horns: Long swept-back horns (See Picture)

Feathers: None

Claws: Very short black claws

Build: Lithe and athletic

Scars: Massive claw scar on his back from a dragon.

Tattoos: Huge tree tattoo sleeve on his right arm.

tree-tattoos-01.jpg

Piercings: None

Other: Rialas’ second and third fingers are fused together on both hands. Due to his Bosmer blood, Rialas also has almond-shaped eyes.

APPAREL

Constant Wear: Silver necklace with the symbol of Y’ffre (or Jephre), one of the Bosmeri pantheon.

Casual Wear: Long-sleeved green shirt with the sleeves rolled up, black pants, black boots, and a leather archer’s guard on his left forearm.

Armor: Thieves Guild armor without the left bracer. Instead, that bracer is replaced by a leather archer’s guard.

Archer's Guard:
    fd9798fd14ec0a03ff0ed30ecde2199e.jpg

GEAR

Weapons: Nord hero bow with steel arrows, and a steel dagger

Other: Small quiver backpack that holds his arrows, and some other miscellanious gear for hunting. Looks something like this:

3d-Quiver1.jpg

PERSONALITY AND VOICE

Personality: Level-headed, intelligent, and patient; Rialas has been tempered by years of hunting for a living, and spending much of his time alone. Socially, he is quiet and reserved, preferring to make friendly conversation with a small group of people rather than engaging in larger-group activities.

During combat, Rialas is cold and calculating, opting to stealthily take out targets from afar. He prefers to keep things simple and effective, while avoiding as much risk as possible. If he is unable to maintain distance from his targets, Rialas switches to his dagger and lets them make the first move. From then on, he uses his small stature and superior agility to get inside an enemy’s attacks and find a soft spot with his dagger. Rialas can be predictable when using his dagger, as he prefers to slip in underneath a swing, stab one of his target’s legs, and finish them with a discreet dagger thrust to the throat.

Habits: Rubbing his hands together or warming them, looking at the ground when speaking to others, fiddling with his archer’s guard, and crossing his arms.

Voice: Jason Bourne

Likes: Archery, a warm fire, good company over a good meal, music, swimming, and climbing.

Dislikes: Trolls, loudmouths, drawn-out conversations, overly friendly people, and breaking a bow string.

MISCELLANIOUS

Affiliations: Thieves Guild (very loosely, as he only uses it when the hunting is bad. ie: during winter months)

Afflictions: Half-blind in his left (non-dominant) eye. Rialas is terrified of Werewolves.
    Properties: Small home in Markarth

Job: Hunter/ Thief (During winter when the hunting isn’t as good)

Combat Skills: Rialas is extremely adept with a bow, inheriting the Bosmer’s keen eyes and natural talent with them. Through years of training and experience, Rialas has made his aim rock-steady in almost any scenario. Rialas’ great balance also allows him to draw and fire his bow from cramped and unnatural positioning, allowing him to maintain stealth in most every scenario. Like all hunters, thieves, and Bosmer; Rialas is a ghost in the shadows, disappearing in a heartbeat if given the chance. Due to his light and athletic frame, Rialas is very light-footed. Allowing him to nearly run without making noise. Due to his small stature and light frame, Rialas is also a great runner, with an ability to outrun most foes. A creature of the woods, Rialas can squeeze through treacherous paths with ease.

Rialas is also no stranger to hand-to-hand combat, though he lacks in skill and experience. Rialas knows exactly where to bury his dagger for maximum damage, however, he has trouble getting into a positon where he can do so, since he lacks the skill to block incoming strikes or counter-attack. Rialas is forced to stay on the defensive when fighting hand-to-hand, with his only hope lying in his ability to dodge enough attacks to find a sizeable opening or tire an enemy.

Magic is not a foreign concept to Rialas, but he knows only the most basic restoration spells. He only uses them to allow him to get to a city and seek treatment should he become injured.

Other: Rialas has a particular weakness to lightning, and those spells can be utterly deadly.

HISTORY/BACKSTORY

Born and raised in Valenwood, Rialas is every part Bosmer as much as he is Argonian. He grew alongside Bosmer children and took to their culture like any elf. Tragedy struck early in his life when his Argonian mother was killed during a Wild Hunt. The resulting mental scar not only left Rialas with a potent fear of werewolves, but if drove his heart-broken father to alcoholism. In the years that followed, Rialas grew further and further from his father. It was during these years that Rialas started hunting to sustain himself. The young boy, only 10 at the time, struggled to feed himself and often went hungry. Inevitably, Rialas’ father lost their home. Drunken, slow, and poorly taken care of, Rialas’ father soon died.

Rialas would have died had it not been for a caring family that took him in less than a month after his father’s passing. This family, the Oakthorns, raised Rialas as their own, caring for him as tenderly as his mother once had. The Oakthorn couple was unable to have a child as their own, and they considered Rialas to be their own.

The Oakthorns were a traveling family of hunters, making a living by hunting across Tamriel. At the age of 17, the Oakthorn family traveled to Skyrim, but the harsh climate quickly claimed Rialas’ adoptive father. The loss struck Rialas heavily, and the energetic and lighthearted Argonian was no more. He became the quiet, reserved creature he is today.

Six months after his father’s death, a dragon attacked Rialas, his mother, and another group of hunters during an evening hunt. The group was able to bring down the beast, but many of it’s members died. Those that survived were wounded, and died within minutes of the encounter. Rialas was struck across the back, and was thrown by the impact. Only four, including Rialas, remained standing after the battle. Rialas found his mother, gravely wounded by the encounter. He picked her up and ran to Whiterun, the nearest town. He was able to make it into the healing temple before passing out from blood loss. When Rialas awoke two days later, he learned his mother had died of her injuries just minutes before.

In the years past, Rialas became a solo hunter, and allied himself with the Thieves Guild. Soon after his mother’s passing, Rialas got the tattoo of the tree. A reminder that his people live among the trees, and that the God Jephre provides them with a home, and will be watching over the spirits of his family members.

Last edited:

Zelda

Princess of Hyrule
    Sounds great! My only concern is how they will kidnap her... She's very skilled in magic, so it will definitely have to be a quick knock out of some sort. Whole being held hostage, there will have to be some sort of threat for her not to use her magic to escape as well. Both of these are definitely plausible! Also, for story line purposes, what is the motivation behind Eilonwy's capture (unless it is a plot build up, etc) ? For the plot's sake, my other character which should be done by Friday could potentially be held hostage as well, and perhaps Eilonwy is more of a motivation for her to speak what must be said as a threat? Again, I'm just throwing ideas out there, but I do not know the kidnapper's motivations :) I'm willing to listen to suggestions as well!

Archer Drake

Parkour Enthusiast
    Actually, I was't that in-depth with the motivation...

I was thinking of something along the lines of what Calixto was doing during the "Blood on the Ice questline.

OR

This dude is sacrificing whomever he can get his hands on to Molag-Bal in an effort to make himself a pure-blooded vampire. Which is what Harkon did to gain his vampire status.

Regardless, Eilonwy is very skilled with magic, so there would have to be somthing keeping her from resisting. Like you said Zelda, a quick knockout late at night is the most reasonable way for Eilonwy to get captured in the first place.

However, we still run into the problem of Eilonwy using magic to escape. Actually, that brings up a good point for Rialas as well. As a theif, it's reasonable that he has some degree of skill picking locks, so he could get out as well.

What if our kidnapper is just a touch crazy, and he wants to keep things interesting. What if he play sa bit of a game with his captives. He'll randomly select one of them to sacrifice, and if they all behave, he'll let the last one go. But, if any of them try to escape, he'll kill all of the others right then and there.

That would put Eilonwy (and Rialas for that matter) in a difficult positon, because it's not just their life they have to worry about any more.

Obviously, this doesn't work if Eilonwy is straight up heartless, but from what I can gather, she's quite the opposite.

What do the two of you think?

Archer Drake

Parkour Enthusiast
    Awesome!

So we'll start the RP with a nutcase Nord going around capturing people, and sacrificing them to Molag-Bal in an effort to make himself a vampire (I feel like this would be the better route, because one Harkon was bad enough, and Kivuli isn't a fan of vampires anyway).

So, he travels to Winterhold - because it makes the most sense that Eilonwy would be there, and with it's small population and tense relationship with the college, the disappearance of a mage really wouldn't turn many heads.

The Nord breaks into Eilonwy's house - with an accomplice - at night and knocks her out. Kivuli and White-Wolf happen to see the kidnapping unfold, but they are forced to stay their hands because they have been contracted to find one of the missing people in addition to killing the Nord.

So Kivuli and Wolf follow the Nord to Hob's Fall cave (It's a cave near Winterhold that, in game, is filled with Necromancers), where they meet Kazasha, Ryder, and Tobias (The Nightingale Trinity).

The Nord is crazy (similar to how Cicero acts) and decides to play a game with his captives, killing one of them at random. If his captives remain quiet and stop trying to escape he vows to let one of them go. However, if any of them try to escape, the Nord will automatically kill everyone.

So Kivuli and Wolf swoop in and kill the Nord before he has a chance to kill his next victim. After running through the cave, they come upon a room with a sacrifical altar and a bunch of cages. Most of the cages have corpses inside of them, but three of them still have living people inside. One of the cages has Eilonwy, another holds Rialas, and the third has the person Kivuli and Wolf were sent to find (which could be your new character, Zelda.)

I just wanted all of the details in one place so we could reference it if need be.

Since we have our starter idea down, I'll post the IC thread a bit later today. However, we still need to figure out one thing before we start. Who wants to post first? Any of us could post first, and I have no problem doing so, I was just wondering if either of you wanted to post first.

Zelda

Princess of Hyrule
    Sounds great! Although, Eilonwy lives in Dawnstar; but this no problem, as she could be walking home from Winter hold to Dawnstar, and near/in Winterhold, she is kidnapped.

Awesome plot! I would post the first one myself, but I'm a bit busy with "Hell Week", so I do apologize. I will have time tomorrow though if you wish to wait, as I'll be filling out college applications and I'll definitely need breaks haha!

Archer Drake

Parkour Enthusiast
    Sounds great! Although, Eilonwy lives in Dawnstar; but this no problem, as she could be walking home from Winter hold to Dawnstar, and near/in Winterhold, she is kidnapped.

Awesome plot! I would post the first one myself, but I'm a bit busy with "Hell Week", so I do apologize. I will have time tomorrow though if you wish to wait, as I'll be filling out college applications and I'll definitely need breaks haha!

I don't have a problem with it, and I think it would work well.

Kivuli, what do you think?

Archer Drake

Parkour Enthusiast

Keidivh

Noble exile of High Rock
    Welp, here he is! A bit rushed, but should be all set =)

tumblr_mybwa1bDjf1srare8o1_1280.jpg

Name: Rolard Seton
    Nickname: Rol
    Alias: “Arcane Blade”
    Sex: Male
    Race: Breton
    Birth Date: 29th of First Seed
    Birth Place: Akaire, Kingdom of Wayrest in High Rock
    Birthsign: The Lord
    Class: Spellsword
    Laterality: Right handed
    Sexuality: Straight
    Marital status: single
    Family: Father and Mother are minor nobles in the Breton kingdom of Wayrest, both dead. Brother Vaynar and sister Ellia
    Family Crest: Steel Blade wreathed in blue flames

Appearance:
    Height: 6’2
    Build: lean musculature
    Eyes: Sapphire, glow lightly
    Skin tone: Tan
    Hair: Short, well groomed brown hair, shaved on sides, slightly longer on top
    Facial hair: Well groomed stubble
    Tattoos: Azure tattoo cuts a swathe across hiss right face
    Scars: Rolard has an ugly scar across the right part of his neck, a deadly cut from an Orc Berserker he had fought in Jehanna. He has multiple lacerations across his chest, from strikes that pierced his armor during his patrols and raids, his hands are calloused and rough for a noble, having held a blade as often as he held a quill. Left hand has slight burn marks from his own magic use.

Religion: Highly religious, worships the Bretonic Pantheon (Imperial/Elven)
    Patron Deities: Stendarr, Julianos
    Affiliations: Knights of the Flame, East Empire Trading Company
    Hobbies: Enjoys playing the lute, something taught to him by a traveling bard who visited Akaire
    Oddities: Rolards flames are blue instead of the usual color. This has been a trait that has run in the family for many generations

Personality: Rolard was always a friendly type of person, having grown quite sociable during his time as a Knight in High Rock and greatly enjoyed his time with his fellow warriors. This time also turned him into a fierce and proud leader.
    Rolard is also a well versed politician, as every Breton noble must be to survive. He has been highly trained in the arts of persuasion, deception, and blackmail. Rolard always despised these underhanded tricks though, preferring honorable confrontation. That was until rival nobles had his parents killed and lands revoked. This made Rolard bitter, and gave him the edge needed to be a ruthless and cunning politician. He will stop at nothing to protect his people, and his house.

Alignment: Chaotic Good/Lawful Neutral
    Good: Kind, intelligent, persuasive, cunning
    Bad: Ruthless, underhanded, prideful, vengeful, one I will reveal in rp
    Likes/Loves: Magic, melee, music, talking to others, family, honor
    Dislikes: Elves, Orks, political threats, disrespect
    Fears: Loss of family, loss of respect, the death of his house, vampires
    Habits: Commonly plays with the amulet of House Seton which hangs around his neck, plays with a ritual dagger when bored.

Goal: Protect his siblings, ensure the survival of his house and return them to glory

Gear
    Head: At nearly all times, whether on or off the battlefield, Rolard wears the Ember crown, and silver band which has three shining sapphire gems embedded in the front. This crown has long been a symbol of House Seton and its rule over Akaire, and most of western Wayrest. Rolard will see it be restored to its former meaning.

latest

Armor: Rolard wears interesting armor which he had custom made by a master smith he befriended in Wayrest. It is an ornate set of steel armor, with multiple runes sketched across the trim which glow an azure blue from the enchantment’s he placed upon the set of armor. His armored gloves have similar runes, as well as small spikes on each knuckle, which he uses when melee combat gets particularly brutal. His greaves look about the same, with ornate steel and runes. It is underlaid by arctic wolf fur, around opening in the armor such as the joints and around the neck. His cloak is a similar arctic fur, which is enchanted to protect him against the brutal cold in the regions he patrols.
    01377173.jpg

Casual Wear: Despite everything, Rolard still dresses as a noble of High Rock. He wears a grey tunic with dark blue on the siding. His pants are a darker grey. He wears finely crafted leather boots, made to look fashionable but still be functional for travel. During bad weather he wears a heavy arctic fur to protect him from the elements.

Accessories: Seton signet ring, Seton family necklace.
    Yeni-Moda-Tak%C4%B1-Final-Fantasy-Kolye-Safir-Kristal-Kolye-Ücretsiz-Kargo.jpg

Weapon: In combat Rolard wields his family’s longsword Saphfire, which is a beautiful crafted white ebony blade, which is rumored to have actually been in the family since the first Siege of Orsinium! Taken by their ancestor who slew a powerful Orc commander during the brutal fight for the city. While it is unknown if this is true or not, Rolard still takes great pride in the blade and its legacy. At times during battle, the sword can become wreathed in a blue flame, hence it’s name. He also has a steel dagger, a gift from his little sister to protect him from the “bad men”.

http://previews.123rf.com/images/ni...a-white-and-black-background-Stock-Vector.jpg

Skills:
    Rolard is an incredibly deadly combatant in close combat. His training with the Knights of the flame have made him a master in swordplay of all kinds, from longswords to daggers. He was put into brutal, intense training regimes by the Orders drill masters. He was taught all the values a knight should aspire to. Honor, respect, piety. Protecting those who were unable to protect themselves, and to always face your foe face to face, in glorious melee combat. This has made him completely ignore practicing with bows of any kind, and would be more likely to injure himself than an enemy.

However Rolard wasn’t trained just to be a knight, but a ruler, and perhaps more importantly, a politician. Whenever he was home from campaigning or patrolling, his father would teach him all of the complexities of court life. How to present yourself with a presence of strength, how to garner respect from his subjects. How to lead men into battle. And perhaps most importantly how to persuade and deceive those who oppose him. This has led him to have a true silver tongue, and a cunning diplomat.

Rolard was also trained in the realm of magic. As a child he had shown magical capabilities, and his parents wanted his to have every advantage possible. So he was trained in the arts of destruction to make him all the more deadly, and illusion to manipulate his opponents and strengthen his allies. With destruction, he showed a strong favoritism towards flames, something which seems to hereditary in his family line.

Enchantment was a hobby Rolard was taught by the Court Mage during his down time. While not a true expert, he is well able to make complex enchantments, which are incredibly reliable. Given a few soul gems Rolard could enchant just about anything.

He also has a few more mundane skills, such as playing the flute! He enjoys playing it for his little sister and brother to keep their spirits up, as well as his own. Naturally as a noble, he is literate, and well versed in horseback riding.

Miscellaneous:
    Affiliations: Companions and Mages Guild

Siblings Vaynar and Ellia live in Riverwood

Voice: Boromir-Lord of the Rings

HISTORY:

Childhood (12 years) Rolard had a luxurious, enjoyable childhood, born into the prominent Breton noble family of House Seton. He was the first born of his father, and was thus chosen to be the heir to the throne of Akaire. He had a fairly standard childhood for a noble child. Trained by his father in the art of court. When he was around seven, he got a younger brother. And it was around this time he discovered his affinity for magic, nearly burning down the living quarters.

He was put under the tutelage of the Court Mage Rellius, who taught him how to bring his powers under control.

Rolard would often escape his stale life in the castle though, preferring to play with the children of the town, playing games of war, and leading them to battle against imaginary orcs. While at first opposed to this, his father saw the smallest origins of a true leader being formed.

Teenage years (6 years) As a teenager Rolard became an impressive and skilled young man. His training at court was going well, and his abilities in magic had developed to a considerable degree, and had even began enchanting alongside Rellius, became a useful apprentice of mage.

It was at this time that his father sent him to the Order of the Flame, a prominent knightly order in Wayrest, and well known throughout High Rock for the protection of its people and it’s work alongside the Imperial Legion. So he became a squire of the knight Tyrael, a devout follower of the divines and Stendarr.

While kind, he was a brutal man, who put Rolard under a ruthless training regime. Under him he became an excellent swordsman, eventually developing to a point where few knights could stand before him. He also spent much time with Tyrael in the temple, offering prayers to Stendarr to gift him with the righteous strength to protect his people.

Still he found time to visit his family, spending time with his still growing brother and baby sister, who he would play the lute for after being trained by a wandering bard who had taken a liking to him. During these visits he spent much time being trained by his father in the more complex areas of diplomacy, leadership and politics. At times he would be sent to Wayrest itself as a representative of his father to talk to the king himself. During one of these visits he took it upon himself to further his family’s power, and began talks with the East Empire Trade Company. After befriending Valerius, one of the managers in Wayrest, he set up a profitable trade deal between them and Akaire, for it’s valuable minerals and lumber.

He had also developed a somewhat scandalous affair with a Nordic courtier that resided in the castle, the beautiful fair skinned Alissa Wolfheart. This was one thing that was highly looked down upon by his family, and Rolard was forced to keep it as secretive as possible, much to his chagrin.

By the age of 18, Rolard had become a full-fledged Knight of the Flame.

Recent History: Rolard spent much of his time campaigning in northern Wayrest, where there were common orc raids on the smaller villages which were often neglected by the Legion. So with his brotherhood, he hunted down raiders and bandits alike, protecting the weak and innocent.

He also became a well known diplomat. During the times when raids would quiet down, he traveled often between Akaire and Wayrest, acting as dignitary to represent his House in the kingdom. It was an idyllic life. A happy life.

However the past wouldn't allow such a peaceful life to last forever. As Rolard grew, he learned of his fathers violent confrontations with the Thalmor, having fought in the Great War as a leading general of the Bretonic armies, and was a strong advocate of keeping the knife-ears out of the affairs of High Rock. Naturally this brought a great deal of attention to the Seton family, and would lead to its destruction. Not wanting to make their presence known, the Thalmor used the greed of the Seton's strongest bannerman, Arlick Balor to bring their downfall. During a grand feast, Balor led a great slaughter, killing Rolard's parents and slaughtering near everyone in Akaire. Only Rolard and his siblings survived the horrific assault.

Now Rolard resides in Skyrim, working as a bounty hunter and mercenary to provide for his family, working jobs for the Companions and Mages Guild most commonly. Now though the Thalmor have spread their influence to Skyrim, and the Seton's find themselves on the brink of extinction.

Archer Drake

Parkour Enthusiast
    Awesome job Keidivh!

I'm glad to have you on board!

Keidivh

Noble exile of High Rock
    Thanks guys, glad you like him!! =) so how would he fit into the plot? I read the general idea of it, perhaps another bounty hunter hunting this vampire wannabe?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts