1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums. You totally should register so you can experience everything our community offers. We have various resources related to Skyrim which include a massive array of Guides and Tutorials. If you're here just for the discussion you can check out our General Skyrim Discussion section or if you're here for help you can check out our Skyrim Help section. We also have the latest Skyrim News and fun stuff like Roleplaying and even a Skyrim Fan Fiction section!

Are you here to discuss Dawnguard? You may discuss it by signing up and checking out this section.

So if you love Skyrim you should join for sure. Click the 'Sign Up' button on the right to register your account. You can register with your Facebook or Steam account.

ESO subscription on consoles?

Discussion in 'TESO Discussion' started by Edgeheaded, Jun 29, 2013.

1. Edgeheaded

Edgeheaded Dunmer Warrior

So, I recently learned that there is a subscribe to play method used by Zenimax, now I am against that method since I have to play like 300 dollars to play for 2 years but it's even worse for me as a console player. Since I am going to get PS4 and play ESO on that I will have to buy the game for 50-80 dollars, pay 15 dollars for a 3 month online gameplay and then pay another 15 for a month of ESO. I think that is just messed up and I hope that I interpreted this the wrong way, what do you think?
  2. utael

utael Member

Where did you hear it was subscription afaik they haven't officially announced anything.
  3. Edgeheaded

Oh, well... Fewh...
  4. Death405

Death405 Dinok

They haven't decided/announced their business plan yet, so whoever told you that didn't know what they were talking about.
  5. Edgeheaded

I thought I read it on an official site.
  6. Drake

Drake Member

They haven't announced any sort of payment model, subscription or otherwise. (Source) Anything that says otherwise is false.

Edit: The official site says the same thing.
  7. Satorus

Satorus Member

I think it is safe to assume that an MMO (espescially one as big as Elder Scrolls) will have a subscription attached to it. i could be wrong but most MMOs at least start with a subscription befre they eventually go free to play. Subscription fees assure that you get regular maintenance and updated content.
  8. utael

utael Member

or in the case of guildwars, you buy it once and can pay for certain in game bonuses if you choose otherwise its totally free to play and updated content in the form of expansions can be purchased. There's actually several payment models that they could choose from.
  9. Bertrum

Bertrum Stop Hodoring!

I assume the game will be free to download but you'll have to pay a monthly subscription. My only concern is how much the subscription would be.

If it's like £7 a month then that isn't too bad, I just hope they don't whip out £15 per month subscriptions. Though I'll likely still play it even if they do!