Esbern's Glitches

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Devoy

Well, I have two glitch's related to Esbern. The first one is that he is muted, the second one is that when we are in the temple and he asks me to get a dragon bone and scale, well i get them and he gives me the potion. But after i drink the potion, the quest doesn't disappear, it stays there and nothing happens. I can only ask him if he has any dragons that i can slay. When i talk to delphine, she doesnt have anything to say other than the general questions. I think this is affecting the story line coz now i dont have any important quests to do. All i have is the quests from the thieves guild and one from Aela and another from the Urag. How can i solve this?
I dont have steam so i cant download patches that might fix this from there

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
If Esbern is "muted" it usually means you're missing dialogue speech files. I've only read of this happening with cracked versions of the game. If you have a legit copy you can try verifying the game cache with Steam and if that doesn't work, a reinstallation should load his speech files.

What was the name of the last quest you did from the main storyline? It sounds like you should either be doing The Throat of the World or Elder Knowledge.

Devoy

I finished both of those. I recently killed Paarthurnax and then started recruiting people for the blade that will help me to kill the dragons.

Dagmar

Again, what was the name of the last quest you did from the main storyline?

Dagmar

You've clearly finished the main quest line so I'm not sure what you're expecting to happen now. There's a lot of other content in the game including the faction quest lines. Try talking to all the non-hostile NPCs you encounter and you'll find several have quest options or will create an entry in your journal to visit someone or someplace that will initiate a quest.

DaniWulfwo259oh

i have a glitch with Esbern too, some quest i have to talk to him but all he wants to talk about is killing Paarthurnax which im not sure has to do with him the dragon.. glitches suck...

Dagmar

i have a glitch with Esbern too, some quest i have to talk to him but all he wants to talk about is killing Paarthurnax which im not sure has to do with him the dragon.. glitches suck...
That's not a glitch. If you don't kill Paarthurnax after Season Unending you can't get any of his normal dialogue. He refuses to talk to you if you won't take the side of the Blades by killing Paarthurnax.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts