• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, thanks for visiting our fan fiction section. You should only write stories that aren't related to your character's encounters, if you wish to write a story about your character please post an entry in your blog.

Before reading or writing a story, please make sure to read this thread. Thanks, Guest, and we hope you enjoy this section.

These fan fiction fan stories are loosely based on a role play I have been doing I hope you enjoy

ERATHORN'S ROAD: THE JOURNEY TO FALKREATH

Erathorn awoke in a cold sweat in his bed roll inside Left hand mine outside of markarth. He had been dreaming the same dream for a month now, he was convinced it meant something. He stood running his hand across his two days worth of dark face stubble reflecting on the dream and it's vividness. The dragon coming out of no where as the Imperial legion attempted to execute faceless Stormcloak soldiers.
The dragon'a voice ringing his ears as the earth shook and meteors began to rain from the sky.

"This way Breton!!" A tall long haired Imperial soldier screamed to him, he gave chase. They moved and dodged through the screaming masses as buildings were set ablaze. As they came to the keep Stormcloak soldiers came between them and safety. As the legionnaire buried his Imperial sword in ones stomach Erathorn fired a lightning bolt into the face of the second causing him to do a perfect back flip and land in a smoking heap on the ground. He and this legionnaire made their way Into the keep. As the legionnaire turned to him and said
"My name is hadvar" the keep shook and Erathron awoke . It was decided he would take the money he'd earned at the mine and make his way to Helgen and investigate.
He made his way to his foreman who was just stirring not far away.
" gorajar, I'm leaving this morning you will need to seek a new miner " Erathorn proclaimed. The old nord did not look pleased a he arose to look Erathron in the eye. He was grizzled and ancient
"What boy!? You would abandon me now in the middle of spring when every able bodies person in the reach has work?!" The spat in a rage. Erathorn stood there, 22 ,young and strong due to his work in the mines and the training he had received from the knights mentor he had received at the school of julianos in high rock growing up as an orphan.
" I have to Gorajar, something big is happening, I have to do something to stop it." Erathorn replied his voice strong and steady.

" leave my mine you foolish boy!! Now! Don't expect to see your last weeks pay! If I ever see you here again I'll kill you my self!" Gorajar screamed. Erathorn simply nodded collecting his satchel and pick axe exiting the mine up the narrow corridor full of stale air smelling of metal and sulphur, towards the dim light of the rising sun.

Outside he wandered a little ways down the road towards the river and a small farm. He took a seat on a low stone wall removing one of his two loaves of bread and his mostly full water skin. As he are he peered towards the river. The light of tomorrow was peeking over the mountains of skyrim to the east, but he could jut make out the faint glow of a campfire by the river bed.
After finishing half his load of bread he made his way to the river bed. Three kajiit were camped here, traveling merchants from the looks of them and a body guard. He approached the kajjit sitting by the fire.
" hail kajjit!" Erathorn proclaimed as he approached "I'd look at your wares" the kajjit a head turned his feline pupils wide and dilated.
"Welcome miner what can I interest you in? A new pickaxe perhaps?" The kajjit inquired politely in their slow foreign draw.
"No, armor and a sword " Erathorn answered assuredly. The kajjit's brow rose. He turned to the tent not far away.
"Take a look" the kajjit said motioning to the inside of the tent. Erathorn made his way over to the tent peering inside at this beast folk's wares. a set of iron armor with gauntlets and boots caught his eye and a mages hood, also strewn with potions and good was an Iron sword. He bought the armor, the sword, some food,some salt, a tinderbox, a bearskin traveling cloak and a bed roll. Most of his gold was spent now but he had everything he would need for the road to helgen. He thanked the kajjit as he lugged his haul a little ways down the road stopping to exchange his miner'a attire for the armor and mages hood, strapping the sword to his side. The rest was stored in his large backpack. He set his course east.
Erathorn knew this road was crawling with bandits, he would have to be on the look out at all times. He followed the road, and the signs for falkreath . The first half of the day was uneventful, aside from some wild life the roads were deserted. He sat on a large rock at the base of a hill to enjoy some fresh apples and some water, staring up at the large mountain that bordered the road.
He was so engrossed with the beauty of it he didn't hear the bandits approaching. An arrow wizzed past his face bouncing off the stone wall of the mountain. Erathorn dove forward dropping his back pack and drawing his sword there were three of them about 100 yards out. 'Julianos guide me in my path to wisdom' Erathorn thought as he focused his energy and launched the lightning bolt hitting the archer square in the chest sending him flying backwards a hole singed where his heart use to be.
The other two charged, one a large Orc wearing steel armor brandishing a steel battle axe the other a nord in fur armor with two steel swords. Erathorn only had enough time for one more spell before they closed on him he chose his target quickly. He knew he would have a better chance close quarters with the nord. As he launched his second lighting bolt he stumbled over a loose cobble in the road, his aim was botched and the Orc was hit in the left knee collapsing. The nord kept coming .
As the nord closed on him Erathorn let out a torrent of flames from his left hand setting the fur armor of his assailant ablaze. The man dropped his swords and began to writhe on the ground. In one swift motion Erathorn plunged his sword into the mans neck, ending his suffering. He made his way to the Orc who lay twenty feet away. Erathorn stopped just out of his reach.
" what is your name Orc?!" He demanded. The Orc starred at him, malice in his eyes, remaining silent.
"I'm going to give you one more chance Orc, and then I'm going to take off your head. What is your name ?" Erathorn said in a level but angry tone. This time the Orc responded, begrudgingly.
"Ak-shul" the Orc replied in a tone if fury and lightly masked pain. The leg was broken and the muscle and flesh severely burnt. As little skill as a healer as Erathorn had he could still tell.
" Ak-Shul I'm an honorable man. I don't like needless killing, and I don't like to kill the defenseless. I'm going to let you love today but when I make it to falkreath I am going to inform the guards you are a bandit and of your location." With that Erathorn tossed a load of bread and two apples to the Orc and continued on his way.
For a while Erathorn could feel the Ak-Shul's gaze on him until he was out of sight.
That night Erathorn set up camp in a small delapitated shack on the side of the cobble road, tucked back in the woods. He built a small fire and prepared a stew of rabbit, carrots, and potatoes. After he ate ,and drank one of the few bottles of honingbrew mead he had procured from the kajjit trader, he lay on his bed roll looking around the dimly lot shack. The fire in the hearth was dying coals now and some moonlight shine through the holes in the ceiling he thought of his child hood. The bandit attack had stirred up the memory in him today and it had been on his mind since.
The door of their high rock home busted in, bandits pouring in . His father was a battle mage for the knights mentor, well trained in armed combat, combat and supportive magic. There were too many bandits he was over run and his throat slit. He remembered his mother slipping the hastily scrawled note into his hand and telling him to run. Run to the school of julianos.
Urdor was the hae scholar there. He was raised by the scholars. They taught him magic, how to read, write, and mathematics. The knights mentor taught him even more. Avanor the captain of the high rock branch took Erathorn under his wing teaching him how to use a sword. How to use and maintain heavy armors, and battle tactics.
However Erathorn had always despised killing, justified or other wise . He left high rock 10 years after the death of his parents. He came to skyrim, to the reach, and began working as a miner. He had been here 4 years now, he was in his 22nd year.
Soon sleep took him a little after midnight.
He was awoken by the sun as it broke the mountains to the east. He packed up an ate an apple before continuing on his way to falkreath.
The road wound through the pine forests of southern skyrim. Spring was in full swing, he could smell the mountain flowers in bloom. He took down three wolves in between the shack and falkreath, most of the trip however was in eventful. As he walked through the gates of falkreath the sun was setting in the west he made his way to the inn to eat and rest and prepare for the trip to helgen. He closed his eyes in the bed of the dead man's drink the dream started all over again...

To be continued...

Aren Direfrost... Witchhunter

ERATHORN'S ROAD PART 2:HELGEN MASSACRE

Erathorn awoke at the inn earlier than usual the dream was more vivid than ever. He could still feel the heat of the flames on his back, the ache in his legs from running. He was sick to his stomach. He rose from the bed, donning his armor and strapping the sword to his side. As he opened the door to his room at the dead man'a drink, he noticed how dark it was. The roaring fire that had been in the hearth the previous night was nothing but coals, the innkeep was barely up.

Erathorn took a seat by the coals in the hearth as the inn keep wandered over with a jug of milk, a loaf of bread,and a hunk of cheese. Erathorn paid him before continuing his meal in silence, starring into the dim coals, his stomach in knots.

As he headed out of falkreath the sun was barely peaking over the mountain range to the east. The smith was already out stoking his forge, other than this the streets were deserted. Erathorn gripped his bearskin traveling cloak tight around him to fight off the early morning chill of skyrim's springtime.

The way to helgen was clear aside from a thalmor prison transport who passed him headed west. They sparred him no more than a glance. As he approached helgen he could tell his dream had yet to take place. This gave him hope, maybe he could prevent it.he strode through the northern gates with confidence only to be stopped in his tracks.

There were Imperial troops everywhere, and a few thalmor agents. It was his dream brought to life. He closed his eyes and took three deep breaths to prevent him from hyperventilating. When he opened then again there were two wagons drawn by horses, and manned by Imperial soldiers. In the back were several men bound at the wrists. Most were dressed in Stormcloak uniforms.

Erathorn made his way around towards the porch of a nearby shop. The shop keeper was outside starring at the spectical that was the civil war. Erathorn needed to locate hadvar. He peered through the crowd. The Nord was no where to be found .

The prisoners were no being unloaded from the cart. Their names were being called and they were being marched to the headsmans block. A nord man In tags took off at full speed, shouting that they wouldn't kill him. The archers dropped him before he moved 30 yards.

Next a high elf in tags stepped up, his name was not on the list yet they moved him on top the block anyway. The Imperial general tulius was here. This was more serious than Erathorn had initially thought. Erathorn studied the man Tulius was speaking to. He was tall he towered over the other Nord warriors. He was gagged as well as bound at the wrists. That's when it struck him. It was Ulfric Stormcloak, the jarl of windhelm and the leader of the rebellion.

This was all bigger than Erathorn had originally thought. He scanned the crowd as Tulius finished his speech and the first nord, a tall red haired man, was lead to the chopping block. The headsman swung removing the mans head in one clean swipe. Erathorn exhaled in disgust, but continued his scan of the crowd for hadvar.

The high elf was being marched to the block now. Three things happened simultaneously. Te high elf was lowered to the block, his eyes closed tight, Erathorn spotted hadvar, and a large black dragon from Erathorn's dreams landed atop the tower right beside the chopping block.

Erathorn dived for the ground as the dragon shouted, armor clanking a he hit the cobble hard. The whole earth shook, the sky darkened with red tinted clouds and meteors began to rain from the sky.

"This way breton!!" Hadvar screamed. Erathorn was on his feet now running after hadvar through the streets. Arrows were flying towards the now air born dragon as it circled the small village setting straw roofs ablaze. Hadvar and Erathorn ran through the cobble streets of helgen dodging falling beams and flying firebolts.

They came to the keep now. There were the storm cloaks from his dream only now there was an extra blonde one and the high elf was with him, hand still bound.

" you aren't going to stop us this time hadvar!! Were escaping!!" The blonde nord pronounced.

"Another time ralof!" Hadvar replied a they passed each other entering the keep in opposite doors.The room inside was deserted, it looked like a bunking area for the Imperial soldiers. Erathorn looked around along one wall was a rack filled with sharp looking Imperial steel swords. He hefted one and noticed hadvar looking at him.

"Take it" hadvar said assuredly "you're going to need it if were going to leave here alive and it's in much better shape than that rusty thing strapped to your side Breton" Erathorn nodded unstrapping his iron sword and tossing it aside strapping on the sheath for this new Imperial short sword.

"My name is Erathorn " He informed the nord who was taking a breather by the hearth.

"Well met Erathorn" Hadvar proclaimed from his perch " I'm Hadvar of river wood"
Erathorn nodded taking a swig from his water skin.

"I know " now looking Hadvar in the eye. The Nord's eye brow raised a little so Erathorn continued. " the rebel said it outside," Hadvar nodded in acceptance.the whole building shook and distant screams could be heard from outside in the village.

" we've got to get out of here" Erathorn said simply spurring the Legionaire on. He didn't want to go into his dream with this Nord. Yes, Hadvar had been a subject of it but Erathorn was not sure if he could trust him yet.

They made their way down a winding stone hallway, dimly lit by torches in sconces. Erathorn could still hear the low rumble of the dragons voice and the screams of the battle still raging outside. They came to a gate with a pull chain. Hadvar pulled it and the gate slid open with a hesitant squeal.

In the room were two storm cloak soldiers searching barrels for supplies. Hadvar launched an arrow into the wall next to one of them, they spun around. Hadvar'so next arrow buried itself in one of their throats as Lighting danced from Erathorn's fingertips striking the second one in the chest.

He had to respect Hadvar, at least he had enough honor to not shoot a man in the back. Another damp dimly lit stone hallway that smelled of mildew. They descended a set of stairs and the temperature began to drop. There were five more stormcloaks down the hallway, Erathorn prepared a rune spell to trap some of them.

Suddenly the ceiling caved and the whole keep shook. The stormcloaks were crushed under a mound of stone rubble that had seconds before been the ceiling. At least luck seemed to be on their side .

There was a door to their left Hadvar stepped up and opened it. The room, apparently a kitchen, was occupied by two more rebels who were unaware they had company as of yet. Erathorn shook his head, he had had enough of the senseless killing for one day.

"Stormcloaks!" He proclaimed causing them to spin on the spot, drawing their weapons." There are bigger problems here than who skyrim belongs to today, let us pass and there will be no..."

Erathorn was stopped short as an iron war axe wizzed past his head, sticking into the wooden beam behind him. Hadvar rushed forward,impaling the axe weilder with his Imperial steel sword, invicerating the Stormcloak. Erathorn kept into action as the second Stormcloak rushed him wielding an iron great sword. The rebel swung wide from right to left causing Erathorn to leap backwards dodging. The tip of the sword left a long horizontal scratch in Erathorn's iron chest plate.

Erathorn used telekenisis,pulling the cast iron pot from the table into the back of this stormcloaks head. The man crumpled over.

Erathorn immediately scooped up the few potions laying around and followed Hadvar out of the room into another dimly lot stone corridor this one leading downward in a spiral. At the bottom we hanging cages with skeletons and dead nords inside. Erathorn shook his head, they must be close to an imperial torture room.

Sure enough the door at the end of the prison room lead to a torture room. A Stormcloak rushed Erathorn, he dodged the warhammer that was aimed for his face and buried his imperial sword into the mans shoulder peircing his heart. The nord fell to his knees and Erathorn decapitated him in one clean swipe, ending the rebel'suffering. Between Hadvar and the torturer they had cleared the room. Hadvar was explaining that a dragon was attacking helgen as Erathorn gathered a few lockpicks, and a spell time from this gruesome room.

The torturer refused to leave with them, good riddance in Erathorn's opinion. The air was getting damp and cold now. They passed through a crack in the wall into a large cavern. They were no longer in the keep. As Erathorn passed through the archway into the cavern. The ceiling was high, there was a raised wooden walkway to serve as a floor,below was water. There were five or six rebels here. A female Nord rushed Erathorn as two archers fired off shots. Erathorn was in the heat of battle, everything was reflex now, muscle memory of what he learned at the school of julianos training grounds. He caught the arrows, sending them flying back to impale the archers in their eye sockets, simultaneously shoving his imperial sword through the females throat. Hadvar was engaged with another nord using a war axe and a shield. Erathorn ran up catching the war axe mid swing on his sword, he twisted and jerked up at the same time disarming Hadvar's opponent as Hadvar ended the fight with one clean swipe to the man's skull. One left, Erathorn focused on his chest launching an ice spike that pierced the rebels heart. He dropped the ground mid charge.

As they left the cavern he and Hadvar came to a draw bridge. Erathorn reached down, flipping the switch, causing the bridge to topple over. They hurried across, both covered in dirt and sweat and blood. Hadvar looked shaken. Maybe this was a man Erathorn could befriend he seemed as appalled by the killing as Erathorn.

They came to a stream shallow, narrow and cold. Erathorn kneeled down, taking a handful of water and washing his face. It was so cold it burned. He pulled out his water skin filling it before taking a swig. Hadvar was sitting on a large rock not far away, smoking a cigarette. He offered It to Erathorn who accepted taking a drag before handing it back.

The wall had a break to the right, They continued this way an ran right into a room full of frostbite spiders. Erathorn cast a fire rune in the center of the room. as the monstrosities charged them It detonated sending the spiders flying. There was one left, Erathorn raised his blade and buried it in the spiders torso as Hadvar shot it between it's eight beady eyes.

Erathorn continued through the only exit, his iron boots sticking to the web covered floor. They came across another stream, there was a bear, larger than any Erathorn had seen, on the other side. As they entered the bears head raised. It charged enraged. It was fast, Erathorn launched a sparks spell from his finger tips, the bear kept coming as the bear closed on Erathorn an arrow came from behind embedding itself in the bear's eye. It collapsed to the ground at his feet. Erathorn turned meeting Hadvar's eyes and nodding.

They could see light coming from the other side of this cavern and made a bee line for it, leaving the bear corpse to rot. Outside they crouched low by a large bush. The dragon could be seen flying to the west. The sun was not far from mid-day, it had taken this dragon no longer than two hour to lay waste to helgen. It was terrifying thought, dragons hadn't been seen in over 1000 years, Erathorn had assumed they were a legend until today.

" we need to get to riverwood it's not far away, my uncle is the blacksmith there he will help us with a bed for the night and supplies. We can rest there and decide on our next move afterwards" Hadvar proclaimed. Erathorn nodded, after today he could use a home cooked meal and some rest. They set off down the road to the west, eyes open for any stray stormcloaks.

to be continued.......

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts