• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

alceryes

I thought I'd start a discussion on what people use for endgame gear and with what type of enchantments. Feel free to list multiple character types and equipment setups.

I've got a sneaky ranger that is currently wearing the ancient DB armor. I'm using an ebony bow with fiery soul trap and dual-wielding ebony axe and dagger both with absorb health. I'm wearing the gauldur amulet and a ring that increases one-handed damage.
I'm almost armor rating capped with this armor and like the looks but am thinking about giving myself the thieves guild variant unenchanted version to enchant myself. Any ideas on enchantments? I'll be making dragon bone variants of my weapons as well.

Papoy

DON'T EXPECT SPOILER WARNINGS FROM ME
From my characters below this comment.
Ains: Arch-mage's robes. Gloves for magicka & unarmed. Rest of the pieces buff magicka + 1 school of magic. No, I don't buff destruction 4 times, 'cause that's simply boring. Usually going with Destruction Alteration and Restoration. (though, with mod, I added cloak, which is 1 more eq piece, I've buffed it with illusion and conjuration, making every school less expensive by 45%). Boots have elemental resistances (Frost and Shock. he's a dunmer, so I got fire already). Cloth-types only.
Michael (Taric): Full dragonbone set. Armor and Necklace Hp&Hpregen. Gloves: OHdmg + Block. Shield: Block + Mr. Boots: Fire/Shock Resistannce. Ring: Health + OHdmg. Helmet: Archery + Waterbreathing. This guy's a nord so I hadn't given him Frost resistance.
As you can see, I haven't capped any buff that can be capped (except for Block, 80%) which makes my end-game remain (somewhat) challenging on both characters. Though I DO have about 1.1k MP with Ains, so I may have went overboard there.

Last edited:

alceryes

Nice builds!
I plan on running a full equilibrium necro-mage on my next run. I've never gotten one very far and am thinking of really increasing the difficulty by spreading the perks out across ALL the magic schools. The start of Dawnguard, 5-finger-discount arch-mage robes, and flaming familiar spell will be at the top of my to-dos!

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
Staff member
I'm almost armor rating capped with this armor and like the looks but am thinking about giving myself the thieves guild variant unenchanted version to enchant myself. Any ideas on enchantments? I'll be making dragon bone variants of my weapons as well.
Like what you got already, and I too like the look of the guild armor, and it's only cooler when you can finally enchant it masterfully yourself.

For your ranger i'd say definitely stick with muffle on the boots, and then I usually go either carry-weight or some sort of resistance (of what depending on the character in question's weaknesses). With a ranger, I think fortify sneak is another obvious one that'd be good with the muffle as well. Arms I'd go with fortify one-handed as one, and then either fortify archery or sneak. Chest I'd say maybe fortify health or stamina/health or stamina regen, and then fortify light armor or resist poison or disease (I usually opt for disease, because fighting vampires tends to happen alot, but that's just me). Head I always put fortify archery on, and one of the other sneak fortifications or just for the hell of it water-breathing.

If you are planning on going jewelry as well, I'd say for a necklace if you haven't already done resistances, put some resistances on that, or more fortifying. Rings I always put Health regen and stamina regen.

Basically I'd say find an equal balance of passive defensive boosts and offensive boosts as a ranger, however if you are shooting for more silent but deadly assassination, do fortify on most of your armors, and use your jewelry as some defense for sticky situations.

That's what I tend to do when I play similar classes, which is the class type I regularly prefer to play.

-

For my current Weapon's Master build, I have one of each fortification for every weapon and armor on each item. So: Head - Fortify Archer, and Fortify Alchemy (potions and poisons are a must on Legendary), Chest - : Light Armor, and Health Regen, Arms - One-handed, and Two-Handed, Legs - One-handed, and Two-handed, Necklace - Fortify Archer, and Resist Magic, Ring - Fortify Light Armor, and Resist Disease. All of her weapons rock Absorb Health and the Lunar enchantment (mainly because I like the concept, fight exclusively in the evening, and have a mod that revamps the enchantment to be a little less useless XD)

alceryes

Thanks @Specter of Death!
I'm playing on expert. I don't like how the difficulty works - too immersion breaking, so I won't go higher. I also have the 'Rebalanced Encounter Zones and Leveled Actors' mod to spice up encounters. It does a much better job than the difficulty slider. If only Skyrim Immersive Creatures had a SE version.

My character is already maxed out on sneak and can almost 'dance the jig' in front of people without them noticing so it's not needed, but will still need to have muffle (or maybe worth spending a perk). One-handed and bow are good and I also like the idea of health and stamina regen. I'm thinking about branching out more into conjuration and restoration so I may boost those skills as well. The DB gloves almost make sneak too good. I mean, x30 dagger damage and x12 axe damage, in one swing, is an instant death sentence to all but a few creatures. I actually don't mind giving that enchantment up for some other useful/fun enchantments.
I'm also a breton (plus agent of mara) and running with the atronach stone so I don't need any extra resist or absorb magicka. If I get into a really bad mage fight I can just flip on dragonskin.

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
Thanks @Specter of Death!
I'm playing on expert. I don't like how the difficulty works - too immersion breaking, so I won't go higher. I also have the 'Rebalanced Encounter Zones and Leveled Actors' mod to spice up encounters. It does a much better job than the difficulty slider. If only Skyrim Immersive Creatures had a SE version.

My character is already maxed out on sneak and can almost 'dance the jig' in front of people without them noticing so it's not needed, but will still need to have muffle (or maybe worth spending a perk). One-handed and bow are good and I also like the idea of health and stamina regen. I'm thinking about branching out more into conjuration and restoration so I may boost those skills as well. The DB gloves almost make sneak too good. I mean, x30 dagger damage and x12 axe damage, in one swing, is an instant death sentence to all but a few creatures. I actually don't mind giving that enchantment up for some other useful/fun enchantments.
I'm also a breton (plus agent of mara) and running with the atronach stone so I don't need any extra resist or absorb magicka. If I get into a really bad mage fight I can just flip on dragonskin.
The Wildcat Combat Overhaul and Sands of Time mods might be for you. Also I highly recommend a mod that allows you to customize the settings of finishing moves so that you can turn their chance of procing again you to 0% (this makes melee combat on Legendary actually possible).

Papoy

The Wildcat Combat Overhaul and Sands of Time mods might be for you. Also I highly recommend a mod that allows you to customize the settings of finishing moves so that you can turn their chance of procing again you to 0% (this makes melee combat on Legendary actually possible).

That's hardcore. WCO not that much but SOT is for sure.

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member

That's hardcore. WCO not that much but SOT is for sure.
I love them.

I run WCO, and the survival mods like Frostfall and iNeeds, on full hardcore settings (will freeze/starve even during combat, death is the penalty, etc), and Sands of Time on Immortal difficulty with the base game on legendary. With finishing moves turned off, it is possible (though if you're like me, you will die a lot). I am currently on a hiatus from it though because console has weird glitches from the amount of enemies and items that Sands of Time tends to spawn (reloads can cause the AI to break and be unable to move from their standing position, and sometimes will even float up into the air without stopping). They can be fixed by resetting the mod, or if you have more patience than me, waiting for until the game cleans up all the excess characters and corpses. I downloaded a mod that increased the cleanup rate but it's still not fast enough.

You shouldn't have this problem if you turn down the Sands of Time settings to actually reasonable levels.

Papoy

I run WCO, and the survival mods like Frostfall and iNeeds, on full hardcore settings (will freeze/starve even during combat, death is the penalty, etc), and Sands of Time on Immortal difficulty with the base game on legendary. With finishing moves turned off, it is possible (though if you're like me, you will die a lot). I am currently on a hiatus from it though because console has weird glitches from the amount of enemies and items that Sands of Time tends to spawn (reloads can cause the AI to break and be unable to move from their standing position, and sometimes will even float up into the air without stopping). They can be fixed by resetting the mod, or if you have more patience than me, waiting for until the game cleans up all the excess characters and corpses. I downloaded a mod that increased the cleanup rate but it's still not fast enough.

You shouldn't have this problem if you turn down the Sands of Time settings to actually reasonable levels.
You're raping your Dragonborn with that setup and save files are feeling it too, rofl.
Of combat mods im using, Revenge of Enemies and Deadly combat is what really stands out. Them being reason why I can't solo Bleak Falls before level 30-35...Brought 5 followers with me (lvl 12 I think), 2 of them died, rest were essential.

I thought I'd start a discussion on what people use for endgame gear and with what type of enchantments. Feel free to list multiple character types and equipment setups.
To get back on topic. I remembered another character of mine that I shouldn't have forgotten. Akil Wind-Slash. Gloves, Armor, Ring, Necklace and Boots all had bonus OHdmg. Second buffs were Fortify Alteration/Restoration, HP and Stamina. I don't remember in which order or exact values of buffs. Head piece is unimportant, tho I think I gave it Waterbreathing and MP. All pieces were clothes, no armor at all (Them being typical redguard clothes that you can buy from Radiants Raiment). As for weapons, he uses 2 Scimitars. Left one remained unenchanted (build relies on full usage of Elemental Fury) and right hand is Windshear. Originally, I intended for this one to be difficult to play. Turned out exact opposite. Best DPS I ever had. I went overboard with weap dmg as both Scimitars have 360dmg each (and its my policy not to exceed 250dmg with OHweaps). When I realized I went overboard I gave up on nerfing myself back, as it feels nice to be overpowered for a change. Ains and Michael are both balanced in their expertizes, while this spellsword is rending machine.

Latest posts