• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

REN951

Are potions the only way to buff an enchantment or can I get enchanted appeal for this purpose?

Thanks

Professor Skalvar

General of the Euphoric Gentleman's Club
Another way to buff enchantments(armor, clothing, jewelry) is becoming a Vampire and taking the Necromage perk in the Restoration tree. It boosts the effect of any worn enchantment by 25% as well as a number of spells and many standing stones.

omac0101

Potions are the only way to really get the most out of your enchantments. You can upgrade your enchantment skill tree but its not as effective as making a really strong fortify enchanting potion. You can use the fortify restoration potion glitch to make some good enchantments. As long as you dont go crazy and make 1,000,000+ point weapons and enchantments you can make some decent enchantments and still have fun.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
Are potions the only way to buff an enchantment or can I get enchanted appeal for this purpose?

Thanks
If you're talking about making an existing enchantment on an item stronger by using a Fortify Destruction potion to temporarily increase the enchantment strength on a weapon or a Fortify Restoration potion to increase the enchantment strength on apparel, there is no legitimate way to do so. It's actually highly questionable whether even using those potions in that manner is legit since they do something entirely different than the description of what they do. It's also similarly questionable whether the Ancient Knowledge and Necromage effects are working as intended for the same reason. It's pretty much indisputable that the ability to stack the Fortify Restoration's effect on enchantments on apparel is totally unintended and a coding error. You can use any or all of these unintended effects but you may end up playing a very different game than the one that the developers intended, which may in turn result in a disappointing gaming experience. On the other hand you may like it. The general feedback I get from most players is that it quickly loses any appeal and many end up redoing builds that don't use any of them.

omac0101

If you're talking about making an existing enchantment on an item stronger by using a Fortify Destruction potion to temporarily increase the enchantment strength on a weapon or a Fortify Restoration potion to increase the enchantment strength on apparel, there is no legitimate way to do so. It's actually highly questionable whether even using those potions in that manner is legit since they do something entirely different than the description of what they do. It's also similarly questionable whether the Ancient Knowledge and Necromage effects are working as intended for the same reason. It's pretty much indisputable that the ability to stack the Fortify Restoration's effect on enchantments on apparel is totally unintended and a coding error. You can use any or all of these unintended effects but you may end up playing a very different game than the one that the developers intended, which may in turn result in a disappointing gaming experience. On the other hand you may like it. The general feedback I get from most players is that it quickly loses any appeal and many end up redoing builds that don't use any of them.
I think the reason people dont like this "glitch" is because they overdue it and dont know how to correctly stack the fortify restoration potions in order to make stronger abilities without going into stupid high one-hit numbers. If you only stack the potion 3 or 4 times you can go into reasonably high numbers without overdoing it. Also, as I stated in an earlier post, you can save perk points and distribute them into skill trees you probably wouldnt otherwise have access to by creating powerful enchantments. For instance, I have a sneak enchantment in my boots that increase my sneaking %8025 with no perks in my sneak skill tree (the same applies with lockpick and stamina). On the other hand my weapons have an average of about 150hp so as to still have fun fighting in the world of Skyrim (on master difficulty). In my opinion, this opens up a whole new wonderful style of play so I can switch between a warrior, mage, sneak thief, warrior mage, mage thief, etc. All in one character (mind you only my warrior skills are at 100). It is full expression of a character in this game. Bethesda would be doing a great disservice if they were to patch this because although it probably wasnt intentional, it allows players like myself the ability to experience multiple play styles without having to spend an insane amount of hours playing the game over and over again.

REN951

I think what I mean is that there is no such thing as a ring with the enchantment 'fortify enchantment 20%' or something along those lines?

REN951

I was just reading an in game book that states there are examples of enchanted gauntlets that improves enchantments! Is there any truth behind this?

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
....For instance, I have a sneak enchantment in my boots that increase my sneaking %8025....
Is that a typo or is that actually your idea of not "going into stupid high" numbers? :confused:

I don't like to use exploits because they're exploits. "Overdoing" has no relevance. There's also more than enough legitimate imbalance in the game if you LTPTG.
I was just reading an in game book that states there are examples of enchanted gauntlets that improves enchantments! Is there any truth behind this?
No. What game book is this so I can avoid buying it? :p

REN951

Lol It was one I just found laying around! Still sucks that you can't do it though, even after you read that you can in a book that's it the freaking game! Feels like the guys at bethesda are trolling me good here!

omac0101

Is that a typo or is that actually your idea of not "going into stupid high" numbers? :confused:

I don't like to use exploits because they're exploits. "Overdoing" has no relevance. There's also more than enough legitimate imbalance in the game if you LTPTG.

ok, admittedly that number is high. having said that I have no idea what LTPTG means. You seem like a purest which is fine but In my opinion leaves for a very generic game experience. I encourage people to find out and use every aspect of this games mechanics for thier own benefit. An "exploit" like this allows a player to wear basic hide armor and have it be as powerful as daedric armor. I personally dont like the look of the higher armor sets so I am able to play with basic weapons and gear and still be as powerful as a higher level character with daedric armor weapons and high enchantment skills.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts