1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
    Dismiss Notice

Enchanting question

Discussion in 'General Skyrim Discussion' started by crashhat69, May 15, 2017.

1. crashhat69

crashhat69 Member

I bought a master robe of destruction and when I disenchanted the robe, the enchantment went from good to pretty much worthless. My enchanting is at 100 so why did the enchantment on the robe decrease so much when I disenchanted it?

2. Pete

Pete Well-Known Member

I believe the result is the same if you had disenchanted a novice robe. The perks you choose within the enchantment tree are critical to get most power.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. DdraigGwyn

DdraigGwyn Cymru

Disenchanting simply gives the basic ability to apply it to another item. How strong the new enchantment is depends on your enchanting level, the perks you have and the use of potions.
    So there is no advantage to disenchanting a Master level item compared to an Apprentice item.

4. crashhat69

crashhat69 Member

Which perks would increase the intensity of this particular enchantment? By themselves, my destruction cost and magic regen enchantments are pretty strong, but together they are garbage

5. Daelon DuLac

Daelon DuLac How do you backstab a Dragon?

Take the first five, obviously and then the ones up the middle to increase your stats, but you still won't be able to get it up over 100 without help. Suggest you make some enchanting potions or stack multiples as well as gear. It's the only way w/out mods. You can't really do better than the master robes.

6. crashhat69

crashhat69 Member

I have every perk in enchanting except the soul ones, and the frost and storm enchanter and the fortify destruction & magica regen enchantment that i got from the robe is only 15% and 10% without any fortify enchanting gear or anything. I don't understand why these two enchantments are so weak when they are made as one enchantment. is it just how the game was designed?

7. Daelon DuLac

Yes. I never use the two enchantment, enchantments myself. I do a lot of enchanting and know all the tricks in the book and, even with a bunch of fortification stuff, I've never been able to get one like that above say 20%. You can get it to around 50 if you double enchant using the individual enchantments, but, Skyrim doesn't really allow you to get them all that high (even at the highest skill levels and a bunch of fortifications).

Of course, that's why I cheat now with mods. There's nothing better than a 4000% magicka regen rate, zero cost and 1500% higher damage. Bad-a**!

8. Lady Redpool the Unlifer

Lady Redpool the Unlifer Pyro, Spirits Connoisseur, and Soulless Anarchist

The enchantment from the robes is the same strength as novice robes, but the magicka regen rate of the master enchantment is higher. Using a master robes enchantment, you should have a high(150%?) regen value, but the fortify destruction part is based on your enchanting level, perks, and potions you are using. 15% isn't bad as far as a fortify destruction goes, and as far as I'm aware, with 100 enchanting, the right perks, 100 alchemy, the right perks in that tree, and chaining together fortify alchemy enchantments to make better fortify enchanting potions, the highest you are likely to get to is about 25% on your fortify destruction enchantments.

9. Daelon DuLac

Unless you cheat like me, that is. :)

10. jonathan90

jonathan90 well known member

maybe because you need a enchanters elixr potion to help increase the points in your dis-enchantments .
    There are other ways you can Achieve more points in alchemy for enchanters potions.
    Also do not forget your perk points which are very important.