1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums. You totally should register so you can experience everything our community offers. We have various resources related to Skyrim which include a massive array of Guides and Tutorials. If you're here just for the discussion you can check out our General Skyrim Discussion section or if you're here for help you can check out our Skyrim Help section. We also have the latest Skyrim News and fun stuff like Roleplaying and even a Skyrim Fan Fiction section!

Are you here to discuss Dawnguard? You may discuss it by signing up and checking out this section.

So if you love Skyrim you should join for sure. Click the 'Sign Up' button on the right to register your account. You can register with your Facebook or Steam account.

Enchanting Fast leveling Tips

Discussion in 'Skyrim Guides and Tutorials' started by Sticky Ninja 3, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Sticky Ninja 3

Sticky Ninja 3 A Baller Jarl

I'm going to get right into it. This guide is for people who know the basics of how to enchant weapons/armor who want to know easy, cheap, fast, non-glitch strategies for fast leveling.

First of all, lets stop and think of all the items you routinely get. You will come across loads of semi valuable weapons, armor, clothing, jewelry, etc. One of the benefits of better enchantments is that you make serious septims from selling items with even some enchantment on them. Try to enchant as many pieces you can before selling which will skyrocket your skill level and your gold stash. You don't need to know barely any enchantments to get started, because you will be selling most of what you enchant anyway.

When looking for items to specifically enchant for leveling, load up on light valuables. Rings, necklaces, gauntlets, boots, circlets etc. Mass enchanting weak items like iron daggers or leather gauntlets that you normally use for leveling your smithing will work just as quickly but less profitable.

I recommend that you enchant at least one of your deadliest/most commonly used weapons with soul trap. This means that it is convenient for your to fill masses of empty gems which are way cheaper than filled ones. I usually set my soul trap enchantment on my weapon (usually a bow and a dagger) to one second. This strategy works especially well for you sneakers who like to have numerous deadly first blows. you can usually get several hundred uses out of that weapon with a weak enchantment.

When enchanting your latest and greatest piece of equipment that you plan on actually using for a while, I usually follow these steps
    1. Sleep (sucks to be you wolves ;p)
    2. Put on your +enchanting gear
    3. Potion Up!
    4. Enchant your cheap items that you plan on selling
    5. Enchant your new piece
    I've found that this strategy works because the item you're using will be enchanted when you are at a higher skill level

One of the best places to load up on massive amounts of assorted, free, and numerous empty and filled gems is dwarven ruins. I've found that 3 in 4 of all the spiders and rollers have some sort of gem in them (soul gem or otherwise), so strip all the machines! Usually this will give you a long list of soul gems after only a few quests.

Hope this helps.
    Feel welcome to correct me, question me, or add to this
  2. xsneakyxsimx

xsneakyxsimx Oh, What does this button do?

For Armour enchants, Fortify Sneak is the most valuable for higher level soul gems (Common and up), while Waterbreathing is for lesser and petty soul gems. For Weapons: Banish Daedra is most valuable, but only available from level 22+.
    • Like Like x 1
    Sticky Ninja 3 likes this.
  3. Sticky Ninja 3

Sticky Ninja 3 A Baller Jarl

Sweet I was just looking in to that.
  4. xsneakyxsimx

Also, use petty gems on Muffle and Waterbreathing. Higher level gems are wasted, because they are fixed effects.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. WVUbeerman

WVUbeerman I got ripped off on my Apple

can you steer me towards a guide that tells me the basics on enchanting, like why when i disenchant and then try to enchant it is always a lot weaker, might be a dumb question, but if i have grand souls filled, why is it not letting me get a better enchantment.
  6. xsneakyxsimx

It depends on your skill level, the chosen perks and your soul gem strength. When you start enchanting, you'll see the base strength of the enchant, which is what you would get with 100 skill, a grand soul gem, and no perks. Also, grand soul gems can be filled with weaker souls, which have the equivalent effect of that souls power, not what the soul gems it capable of.
  7. WVUbeerman

WVUbeerman I got ripped off on my Apple

So you are saying if it is a weaker soul, it will still go into a grand soul and then if i use soul trap again on a bigger soul will it replace the other weaker one in the grand?
  8. DdraigGwyn

DdraigGwyn Cymru

No, once the gem has a soul in it, it will not be replaced. However, you can drop the gem and pick it up again: that will empty it of any soul.
    • Like Like x 1