Enchanting Any Item of Clothing/Armor With/out Alchemy

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

JechtFayth

I have never used enchanting or alchemy yet in Skyrim and was wondering if i would be able to get the same buffs simply by using enchanting without Alchemy. Like enchanting armor that increases my enchanting ability more, and then continuing to do that till i get a very high enchanting possibility without making a potion..... i hope im being clear... please let me know if you dont understand what im asking and i will try to revise it more.

no there is no fortify enchanting enchantment, but u can use fortify alchemy to make fortify enchanting potions an then u can make stronger alchemy gear etc.

no there is no fortify enchanting enchantment, but u can use fortify alchemy to make fortify enchanting potions an then u can make stronger alchemy gear etc.
correct stronger enchanting gear

ShadowGambit

Enchanting has no loop.

As Scarefire said, after you got your enchanting at 100 with teh perks, the only way to get better enchantment are with potions.

Without using any exploit, you will have max +37% Fortify Enchanting Potion. You will have to use one potion PER ITEM as the timer is pretty short on the potion.

JechtFayth

so what's the highest i could enchant a piece of equipment at 100 enchant being allowed to put two enchants on the item without alchemy? examples would be for destruction/restoration reduction cost, fire resistance. ice resistance ect.

also whats the highest i could enchant a piece of equipment at 100 enchant with alchemy

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
Without using any exploit, you will have max +37% Fortify Enchanting Potion. You will have to use one potion PER ITEM as the timer is pretty short on the potion.
The cap on Fortify Enchanting potions without using exploits is 32%.

You can get two dual enchanted items enchanted with one potion if you can type with decent speed and don't try to give the items long names, but considering how easy it is to get Blue Butterfly Wings and Snowberries to make the potions it's probably not worth the effort for most players to try.

JechtFayth

The cap on Fortify Enchanting potions without using exploits is 32%.

You can get two dual enchanted items enchanted with one potion if you can type with decent speed and don't try to give the items long names, but considering how easy it is to get Blue Butterfly Wings and Snowberries to make the potions it's probably not worth the effort for most players to try.

i play on the ps3... so the most i can do with enchanting when i have the dual enchantment say on mage robes not using alchemy... the highest spell reduction cost for one spell would be how much? cause i want to be able to make it so it's 50% reduction cost for a magic school with one set of equipment and 50% reduction cost for another magic school with the other set of equipment

Dagmar

so what's the highest i could enchant a piece of equipment at 100 enchant being allowed to put two enchants on the item without alchemy? examples would be for destruction/restoration reduction cost, fire resistance. ice resistance ect.

also whats the highest i could enchant a piece of equipment at 100 enchant with alchemy
It depends on your perks. For fortify skill enchantments 100 Enchanting alone will only increase the base magnitude of 8% to 10%. You get an additional 2% for each Enchanter perk and then Insightful Enchanter will give you a 25% bonus for a maximum of 25% without the benefits of a Fortify Enchanting potion. A store bought Enchanter's Elixir can raise that to 28% while the custom made Fortify Enchanting potion can raise it to 29%.

JechtFayth

It depends on your perks. For fortify skill enchantments 100 Enchanting alone will only increase the base magnitude of 8% to 10%. You get an additional 2% for each Enchanter perk and then Insightful Enchanter will give you a 25% bonus for a maximum of 25% without the benefits of a Fortify Enchanting potion. A store bought Enchanter's Elixir can raise that to 28% while the custom made Fortify Enchanting potion can raise it to 29%.

so with Enchanter at 5/5 making new enchantments 100% stronger + insightful enchanter 1/1 making skill enchantments on armor 25% stronger + Extra Effect 1/1 being allowed to put two enchantments on one item.. and i want to make it so destruction costs 0 magic as well as restoration to cost 0 magic. is it possible for me to get that 50% reduction cost on one item alone without using alchemy? or is alchemy buff a must use if i want that high of a buff on an item that has all the above? hope that made sense

Dagmar

Without exploits, Alchemy or use of a store bought Fortify Enchanting potion the most you can get on one piece of apparel is 25%. Identical types of enchantments cannot be stacked onto one item. Even with a full Alchemy build it's 29%. You can't get 50% on one item.

JechtFayth

Without exploits, Alchemy or use of a store bought Fortify Enchanting potion the most you can get on one piece of apparel is 25%. Identical types of enchantments cannot be stacked onto one item. Even with a full Alchemy build it's 29%. You can't get 50% on one item.

shoot. so say i have a hood, boots, robes and gloves, and i put 25% cost reduction on all of them for destrutcion as well as restoration destruction, that would be my only way of getting 100& cost reduction?

so whats the highest enchant for cost reduction for a magic school with a very high alchemy enchanted buff or whatever?

JechtFayth

k thanks. so how do i manage to get the 100% magic reduction cost with the destruction or alteration or restoration or illusion or conjuration? putting an enchant thats 25% reduction cost of 2 different magic schools on one piece of equipment work?

and one last time to clarify i can get atleast 25% enchant buff just with enchanting alone correct?

i dont really see what the point of using alchemy for such a small percent increase to add to an enchant....

Dagmar

k thanks. so how do i manage to get the 100% magic reduction cost with the destruction or alteration or restoration or illusion or conjuration? putting an enchant thats 25% reduction cost of 2 different magic schools on one piece of equipment work?
Yes, but keep in mind that you get an initial 41% magicka cost reduction by having 100 skill in a magic skill. then you get a 50% reduction to that if you have the appropriate skill perk. With that build it only costs you 30% of what it would otherwise cost in magicka to cast a spell. Because of this, for me, it's not worth getting 100% Fortify for any magic skill other than Destruction. I can split the other 4 slots into 2 other magic skills instead.
...and one last time to clarify i can get atleast 25% enchant buff just with enchanting alone correct?
Correct.
i dont really see what the point of using alchemy for such a small percent increase to add to an enchant....
For enchantments, it's just gravy. The real value is in increasing the damage of weapons and capping the physical damage resistance of the overwhelming majority of armor sets in the game, because you can make 130% Fortify Smithing potions. There's also value in making other Fortify potions.

JechtFayth

Yes, but keep in mind that you get an initial 41% magicka cost reduction by having 100 skill in a magic skill. then you get a 50% reduction to that if you have the appropriate skill perk. With that build it only costs you 30% of what it would otherwise cost in magicka to cast a spell. Because of this, for me, it's not worth getting 100% Fortify for any magic skill other than Destruction. I can split the other 4 slots into 2 other magic skills instead.

Correct.

For enchantments, it's just gravy. The real value is in increasing the damage of weapons and capping the physical damage resistance of the overwhelming majority of armor sets in the game, because you can make 130% Fortify Smithing potions. There's also value in making other Fortify potions.

so really the alchemy potions are really more for the use on armor and weapons for close quarter combat characters but it can be used with mages, there's just really no point though for mages. am i correct for that?

and what do you mean by having the appropriate skill perk for the buff system?

sorry for being so dumb about this and not getting it completely. again never used enchanting or alchemy before.

Dagmar

so really the alchemy potions are really more for the use on armor and weapons for close quarter combat characters but it can be used with mages, there's just really no point though for mages. am i correct for that?
No. It can be useful for mages. For example the Fortify Destruction potion will increase your spell damage by 130%. Since spell damage doesn't scale with skill level, this is the only way to scale up the damage of a spell. Fortify Alteration and Fortify Conjuration potions will increase the duration of spells which is convenient. Fortify Illusion potions will increase the level cap for creatures affected by Illusion spells.
and what do you mean by having the appropriate skill perk for the buff system?
I was referring to the Novice, Apprentice, Adept, and Master perks for each magic skill that reduce magicka cost by 50%.

JechtFayth

No. It can be useful for mages. For example the Fortify Destruction potion will increase your spell damage by 130%. Since spell damage doesn't scale with skill level, this is the only way to scale up the damage of a spell. Fortify Alteration and Fortify Conjuration potions will increase the duration of spells which is convenient. Fortify Illusion potions will increase the level cap for creatures affected by Illusion spells.

I was referring to the Novice, Apprentice, Adept, and Master perks for each magic skill that reduce magicka cost by 50%.

ah right ok. forgot about the novice adept expert master bonuses.

and ok.

but for someone wanting only to reduce both restoration and destruction spell costs to 0 i can just add a 25% enchant of both onto the desired equipment? or am i over doing it due to the buffs from level up to 100 all the way for them.

and any suggestions on general amazing enchants for CQC characters?

ShadowGambit

First I stand corrected. Dagmar is right, Highest Fortify enchantment without glitch is 32%, not 37% as I said.

If you want to go 0% magicka cost, then you have to go with enchantment, 4 pieces of 25% reduction.

But as Dagmar says, 30% of the overall cost should be more than acceptable, mostly if you have a Magicka pool of 300+. With Just a little bit of magicka regen enchantment, you will be able to cast spells at will, even chain cast Destruction spells.

So either you go 4 pieces of 25% enchantment and don't have to invest in perks like Adept/Expert Master, or you can put 1 Magicka Regen Enchantment and take those perks. At the end, it is pretty much the same.

It just depends if you need a lot of enchantment or not. You have more perks points than Enchantment spots, but you can carry around many outfits, suited for each purpose. If you are carrying around clothes, it is not much a problem. Light and Heavy Armor will give you more issue though.

JechtFayth

if you want to go 0% magicka cost, then you have to go with enchantment, 4 pieces of 25% reduction.

But as Dagmar says, 30% of the overall cost should be more than acceptable, mostly if you have a Magicka pool of 300+. With Just a little bit of magicka regen enchantment, you will be able to cast spells at will, even chain cast Destruction spells.

So either you go 4 pieces of 25% enchantment and don't have to invest in perks like Adept/Expert Master, or you can put 1 Magicka Regen Enchantment and take those perks. At the end, it is pretty much the same.

It just depends if you need a lot of enchantment or not. You have more perks points than Enchantment spots, but you can carry around many outfits, suited for each purpose. If you are carrying around clothes, it is not much a problem. Light and Heavy Armor will give you more issue though.

i would only be carrying around robes if i was to carry around any clothing. I am only going up to adept in Alteration, not doing any Conjuration, going all 100% in with Destruction, only sticking to novice in Illusion, and only going up to Expert in Restoration.

here's my build if you want to see what i've done.

Skyrim Perk Calculator - Plan the perks for your Skyrim character before spending them!

so my main focus is to make destruction and restoration to 0 cost all together and im not certain if i should be wanting the little bit in alteration knocked down a bit for the cost of magic. I would prefer not carrying around much clothing, since i dont like the clutter, but if it is truly nessessary, i will.

so am i waisting my time with enchanting then if have the buffs from the novice, apprentice, adept, expert and master buffs? like for destruction?

ShadowGambit

You have to understand how the calculation are made for magicka reduction.

They take your level in Skills first. At 100, you get 41% reduction or so.

Then they check your perks. If you cast an Expert spell and have the Expert perk, then it reduces the cost of the 59% remaining by 50%, so you still have to "pay" 30% of Magicka.

After that they calculate the remaining from your enchantment. If you have 2 pieces of 25%, then you will only "pay" 15% of the cost for the spell. Note that if you don't have the perk, then the 2 pieces is the equivalent of the perk.

If you really want to chaincast Destruction (like 20 or 30 fireballs without stopping), then you may want to go 4 pieces of enchantment. If you think that 10 fireball would be enough, then you may not need 0% cost.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts