Enchanted Weapon / Armor Names?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Drewski

Relaxing on Revis Island, with Revis and Holmes :(
Must admit, it depends upon my rl energy and enthuisiasm lvl at the time. You can easily stare at the rename screen for ages, and get creative writer block.

A dagger with drain health I might call say: Nosferatu's Fang...

but I only use names once, so they often just become something quick to type that reminds me not to sell them when shopping ;) e.g. The above could be Healthreaper

samgurl775

Cerberus Officer
Because I'm so massively creative, I've had swords named Blackfyre, Ice, Lightbringer, Dawn, and Starfang.

My main assassin character, Dreadfall, has a Skyforge Steel Greatsword of Firey Souls named "Dagger." Because "Ever good assassin needs a good Dagger!" She's a lot like Astrid's husband, a Nord, 2 handed, and werewolf, but as a 15yo girl. Kind of Goth too.

Drewski

I made a Glass Sword with a paralyse effect while playing alllnite :p...
It's called `The Tear of Medusa`....I quite like that one, it may have variations in the future:)

Drewski

My enchanted dragon-bone blade is called Wit of Julianos.

The Divine of wisdom, logic, knowledge and contradictions would be pleased to know that even with the infinite mysteries of the arcane open to me...At times, I simply gore my enemies with a shard of bone, no matter how polished.

My two handed dragon bone greatsword is called The Sardonic Barb. It absorbs magika and does 40 magic damage. My old Skyforge Steel blade was called Cold Hard Facts, frost damage and drain magika.

Bretons are not known as being overly reverent or observant of the divines, but we do enjoy irony.

`Cold Hard Facts` I must say, is quite brilliant.

Bloodrust was a Daedric Warhammer with Firey Souls, and Absorb health. AKA "Please don't hit me with that."

Noghtblade was an Ebony Handaxe with Absorb Stamina, and magicka to power attacks, and Invisibility, respectively.

nolandman

A ranging, spell-sword Lich
I went Latin. My dragon-bone sword was Defixus Ruptor (Spell Breaker, absorb magicka + shock damage), with its twin dagger Animus Eversor (Soul Destroyer, drain life + shock damage)

Kalin of High Rock

Faal Lun Vahdin
Dredging up this thread, it's still good! I've been decorating my home in Windhelm, with its many armor manikins and weapon displays and dagger and shield racks. I enchanted quite a few new weapons and armors specifically to display and I gave them some pretty neat names.

Random weapons for my wall:

Mindcrusher: Daedric war-hammer with drain magika and magika damage.
Woeherald: Dragon bone bow with fire and shock damage.
Voljiiag's Femur: Dragon bone hammer with frost and magic damage.
Bulwark of Shattered Scales: Dragon scale shield with fire and frost resist.
Aegis of the Felled Beast: Dragon bone shield enchanted to +block and +health

Regalia of the Battlemage:

Oblivion's Shroud: Mage's hood enchanted for restoration and mana regeneration
Battlemage's Cuirass: Cuffed steel breastplate enchanted for conjuration and destruction.
Sentient Steel Sabatons: Cuffed steel boots enchanted for 1-hand and +stamina regeneration.
Grips of the Lucid Dream: Cuffed steel gauntlets enchanted for destruction and +magika.

I used to play about with some of the names on the skill boosting items but it made them a pain to find when it went to putting them on so now I have the Alchemist's Master Bandana, Gloves, Necklace and Ring, followed by Blacksmith's Master Gloves, Necklace, Ring and Tunic. Keeps them all together for easy access.
A little more imagination can go into the Flameshield Necklace and Ring, followed by Frostshield, Magicshield and Shockshield.

For my armour, adding to the end keeps it together in the list. E.G. Dragonscale Boots of Dragon Strength, Dragonscale Defender Shield, Dragonscale Helmet of True Sight, etc..

I get to play around with the weapons though, such as the Dragonbreath Bow, Elven Shockhammer, Soul Stealer, Icicle, Flame, Flamestrike and Lightning.

Shroud of Shadows: Hooded Black Robes of Fortify Illusion/Magicka Regen, and Muffle for a character who didn't Sneak, since all damage came from Spells. (BAMFO)

Darkstep: Ebony Boots of Fortify Sneak, and Muffle.

Fortress of the Night: Ebony Armor with Fortify Heavy Armor, and Regeneration, (unsmithed.)

Spellwall: Blades' Shield (Legendary) with Resist Magic (2) (I like round shields.)

Spellsword: Skyforge Steel (Epic) Absorb Magicka, and Frost/Slow. (Different Character.)

Ankh of Osiris: Necklace of Regenerate Health/Stamina.

Cycle of Rebirth: Ring of Regenerate Health/Magicka (Conjurer.)

Torque of Oblivion: Amythist Circlet with Fortify Conjuration, and Regenerate Magicka (Separate effects.)

Daedric Robes: Mourner's Dress (female summoner) with FortConj/Regen, and Fortify Heavy Armor (with Ebony Around it.)

Forgemaster's Frock: Blacksmith's Apron (red) with Fort Smith, and Fire Resist.

Arrow-Free Knee

Deadric sword with health and stamina drain: "Sorrow"
Deadric great sword with health and stamina drain: "Burden"
Daedric dagger with soul trap and paralysis: "Grief"
Daedric Bow with Magicka drain and Paralysis: "Whisper"

the only other time that I named an item for personal use(the first one i made that i didn't sell) was a glass sword with shock damage called: "Lightning Ice"

everything else i smithed was sold except for my armor set which was just descriptive...such as dragon scale armor of.... blah blah blah.

Serebro Moniker

He who moves it moves it
Don't remember most of the enchantments, but here's some names:
-Boudicca
-Dar'Sild's Reach
-Dar'Sild's Strike
-Dar'Sild's Slice
-Dar'Sild's Cunning
-Dar'Sild's Stealth
-Dar'Sild's Dexterity (I think..?)
-Stormblade

This isn't all of them though

Hartkrusha: Orcish Warhammer of Speed (longhammer) Firey Soul Trap, and Absorb Health.

Phit!: Orkish Bow of Shock, and Damage Magicka.

NumbSkull: Orcish Helmet of Fortify Archery, and Health.

Ribcage: Orcish Armor of Resist Magic (2).

Mittz: Orcish Gauntletss of Fortify Archery, and Block.

Feetz: Orkish Boots of Resist Fire/Frost.

Jewl/Bobble: Ring, and Necklace (Respectively) with Resist Fire/Frost, and Fortify Archery. In case you're wondering, I put it all in the Bow, because berserker Rage doesn't increase arrow damage. No Shock Resistance, pretty much the only way to kill him is Lightning. (Act of God.) Weak agaimst Storm Atronachs, intentionally.

Trollburner: Atar's Axe with Firey Soul Trap, and Fire Damage to stack with Hack&Slash. Not just for Trolls, but you remeber the first time you shot one with an arrow, then watched in horror as it regenerated? They hate getting hit with this, it does more DOT than the actual weapon damage, and you can Bash, or run around for a GCC while their health actually goes down. Also a great Spriggan/Hagraven slayer, because they usually die before they can heal. The Soul Trap also helps keep it charged, because it's not like the Ebony Blade in this way. (Yet similar in that the Enchantment does more damage than the actual weapon.)

Draugrbane is a silver sword with the same enchantments.

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
Excellent thread!

I always have such a difficult time naming things and usually just make their names indicative of both the item and the enchantment. The Sword of the Black Inferno was an Ebony sword with a fire enchantment, for instance.

Next time I get into enchanting I want to use killer names like Chillrend and Dawnbreaker. I'm also determined to create my very own Needle, after Arya Stark's sword.

Arthur Swift-Sword

Swift. Like a Sword.
Ebony Battleaxe (Soul Trap) - Decapitater

Ebony Sword (Fire Damage) - Flame
along with
Ebony Sword (Frost Damage) - Frost

Dwarven Greatsword (Paralyze) - Kingslayer

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts