1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums. You totally should register so you can experience everything our community offers. We have various resources related to Skyrim which include a massive array of Guides and Tutorials. If you're here just for the discussion you can check out our General Skyrim Discussion section or if you're here for help you can check out our Skyrim Help section. We also have the latest Skyrim News and fun stuff like Roleplaying and even a Skyrim Fan Fiction section!

Are you here to discuss Dawnguard? You may discuss it by signing up and checking out this section.

So if you love Skyrim you should join for sure. Click the 'Sign Up' button on the right to register your account. You can register with your Facebook or Steam account.

Enchanted Weapon / Armor Names?

Discussion in 'General Skyrim Discussion' started by Rumor, Jul 13, 2012.

1. Rumor

Rumor Member

So, just curious - what are some of the names you've given to your enchanted items? Despite a decent vocabulary, creativity in naming eludes me. The names I've given things are practical & straight forward. "Scaled Armor with Health Bonus". Lame, I know. The "best" I've done as for creativity - "Lydia's Fire & Ice Ebony War Axe" (dual enchanted with fire & frost damage). I know some of you probably have nifty names, seen a few - would love to see more if you are inclined to share. May be I'll find some inspiration...
  2. Kalin of High Rock

Kalin of High Rock Faal Lun vahdin

My enchanted dragon-bone blade is called Wit of Julianos.

The Divine of wisdom, logic, knowledge and contradictions would be pleased to know that even with the infinite mysteries of the arcane open to me...At times, I simply gore my enemies with a shard of bone, no matter how polished.

My two handed dragon bone greatsword is called The Sardonic Barb. It absorbs magika and does 40 magic damage. My old Skyforge Steel blade was called Cold Hard Facts, frost damage and drain magika.

Bretons are not known as being overly reverent or observant of the divines, but we do enjoy irony.
    • Like Like x 3
  3. StellaLuna

StellaLuna Member

I love giving them names. Its fun @-) Most blacksmiths in my game have such fancy names for weapons now. Haha.

I named my Fiery Soul Trap-enchanted bow Midnight Sun. I plan to name my two Daedric Daggers "The Sleeper" and "The Dreamer" (once I've leveled up my alchemy so I can max the stats :p). I borrowed them from WoW. Well, maybe. I can't decide. I wrote down so many names. Kingsbane, [adjective]blade, Windowmaker... To name a few. I also really like simple, one-word names like Anarchy, Deception, Rogue. Idk, it works for me @-)
  4. Konvoy

Konvoy Member

I gave my Orc warrior's two-handed sword the name "Massacres' Edge" I think it's pretty cool :p I still need a good name for my ranger's bow, I named one of them "Soulstealer" which isn't that clever, but I obviously use it for soul gems.
  5. sahqonsah

sahqonsah Member

I named my daedric bow sahqon sah which means crimson phantom in the dragon language. Geeky I know but kinda cool
  6. Zigfried

Zigfried Member

A lot of my item names come from other games or from my old D&D days some examples...

Ring of Warmth
    Glamdring
    Soul Reaver
    Alduin's Bane
    Einlanzer
    Ehrgiz
    circlet of Eagle Eyes
    Flame Bringer
    Deadra's Fury
    Grounding Boots
    Duelist's Armor
    Screaming Bow
    Hammer of Thunderbolts

sometimes I name items after the character creating them like...

Jed's Glass Armor
    Zigfried's Wall
    Jedarius' Hammer
  7. Kymothoe

Kymothoe Κυμοθοη

Good thread idea! My names always end up pretty ridiculous, haha. Or something from a song. I get impatient and just throw something down. Here are some that I remember:

Shooting Star Fire Power (song by Gardens & Villa): Elven Bow enchanted to burn the victim when the moon is out.

Svefn-g-englar (song by Sigur Ros): Glass War Ax with stamina drain enchantment.

Burn, bitch! (just random...): Glass War Ax with fire enchantment.

Steel Mace, Outta Mah Face (random): Steel Mace with fear enchantment.

Orcish Bow of FeaaaAAAHHHH!!! (random): Orcish Bow with fear enchantment.

Liquid Swords (Wu-tang album): Elven Greatsword with stamina drain enchantment.

Protect Ya Neck (Wu-tang song): Hide Helmet with... I think a restoration enchantment?

I'll try to remember more... I have fun with it :) haha
  8. nordicowboy

nordicowboy Must be my Nord blood......

I seriously called one "Orcish war axe of shocky trapping".......dare you to guess what it does :cool:.
  9. lastphoenix

lastphoenix Onward unto victory........Or a glorious death.

Forsworn bow with firey soul trap: Satans cigarette lighter
    Blades sword with absorb health: blood lust
    Ebony sword with Turn undead: Zombie Hunter
    • Like Like x 1
    ShadowGambit likes this.
  10. nordicowboy

nordicowboy Must be my Nord blood......

[​IMG]
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. ShadowGambit

ShadowGambit Active Member

Elven Dagger with Soul trap and Frost damage: BrainFreezer
    Elven Bow with Absorb Magicka and Absorb Stamina: "GiveItToMeBaby"
  12. TexInOrd

TexInOrd Member

My orcs name is Magondo. His daedric battle axe with fire damage and soul trap is 'Magondric Axe of Eternal Flame'.
  13. T1d3

T1d3 Article Writer

i don't know how to name stuff
  14. Gearuvagen

Gearuvagen I know, You know

Press Triangle while enchanting. (PS3) it's down there at the bottom though if you're on a different system.

Glass War Axe with Silent Moons Enchantment named Lunacy.
    Glass Warhammer with Fiery Soul trap named Strife
    Ebony war axe with Shock damage and Soul trap named Rift.
  15. Dragon Kin

Dragon Kin Dovah Fen Ni Dii

Saving this thread for ideas haha
  16. Gowsh

Gowsh Old Fart

My last character, a straightforward Nord basher who exclusively wielded greatswords, gave his weapons rather prosaic names like Lifeswallower and Soulskinner.

The current representative is a businesslike dual wielder, so I'm thinking of naming the swords (daggers?) Frik and Frak, if I ever back up the 100 Enchanting score with some actual perks. :oops:
  17. Aquillus

Aquillus Member

I didn't read all these posts so forgive me if someone else has done this as well, but I had an ebony bow with frost damage and the "make creature flee" enchantment or whatever and I named it "Frostfright" :p
  18. Aquillus

Aquillus Member

Also, I haven't tried it yet, and I'm not sure if it will fit, but I've been meaning to make boots with fortify sneak called "Boots of the Spanish Inquisition" or "Spanish Inquisition Boots". Whichever one would more likely fit. I'm saving it for my next sneaky character.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    Konvoy likes this.
  19. osheao

osheao Member

due to the inexplicable fact that bethsoft decided to end this invaluable choice in their games i never name anything anymore.

it's too much of a reminder of the absurd decision to get rid of personal naming for certain aspects of my rpg.

streamlined accessibility. right.
  20. MushroomGenius

MushroomGenius Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki

"The Crag-Jumper" - Anneke's Legendary Ebony War Axe - Paralysis + Fire Damage

REALLY sucked when I accidentally attacked her and she kept me paralyzed until she hacked me to death. :Dovahkiin: